Quarterbacks in the Transfer Portal

Max Brosmer .... looks like a Western Michigan lean according to the link above...#3 on the list.

View attachment 28538
Wanna see something scary...Brosmer as freshman and AK8 this year.
View attachment 28539
Yeah… this is why I don’t think this is necessarily a good thing. These are college kids. They learn and improve. Chasing a guy out with a full year of experience is pretty dumb. Also think it’s dumb for him to leave. Stay and compete. If you’re good enough to play at the next level then you will win the competition. I don’t know which side is turning tail and running but Athan played like trash this year and he’s not going to get any better if he doesn’t work on the things that were obviously wrong. Gophers don’t necessarily get better without him. Why are you in the portal giving up an entire bowl season worth of practice to go play for a bad G5 school?

Yeah… this is why I don’t think this is necessarily a good thing. These are college kids. They learn and improve. Chasing a guy out with a full year of experience is pretty dumb. Also think it’s dumb for him to leave. Stay and compete. If you’re good enough to play at the next level then you will win the competition. I don’t know which side is turning tail and running but Athan played like trash this year and he’s not going to get any better if he doesn’t work on the things that were obviously wrong. Gophers don’t necessarily get better without him. Why are you in the portal giving up an entire bowl season worth of practice to go play for a bad G5 school?
Maybe he doesn’t think he will get the coaching, and play-calling, to be successful here.

Maybe he doesn’t think he will get the coaching, and play-calling, to be successful here.
His mechanics are so bad that Lincoln Riley could be calling plays and he would still suck. He’s not going pro from FCS and no good program is going to touch him if they spend even 10 minutes watching his tape from this year.

He can suck it up, find a clinic to fix his footwork and throwing motion this summer, and try to win his job back or he can quit and fail.

His dad’s ego will be his biggest impediment to success.

His mechanics are so bad that Lincoln Riley could be calling plays and he would still suck. He’s not going pro from FCS and no good program is going to touch him if they spend even 10 minutes watching his tape from this year.

He can suck it up, find a clinic to fix his footwork and throwing motion this summer, and try to win his job back or he can quit and fail.
It’s also possible that he’s already hit his ceiling.
His footwork may not improve.
Fleck’s smart enough to know that one5-7 is a mulligan, but if it hap again next year, he’s on double secret probation.
His dad’s ego will be his biggest impediment to success.

I now presume AK thinks he can be coached better elsewhere. They may be true, half-true, or not true. And he may believe it some or more. I don't know.

He entered to portal because he lost his job and also to get better help, I assume.

lol at the NIL value column.....I mean we all know many of these players are going to get big paydays when they transfer but it is a joke that it gets called NIL money when it has nothing to do with what NIL was intended to be.
It will be a chore, but bringing the issue back to the Court is vital - the justices had no idea of the consequences of their voting.

I now presume AK thinks he can be coached better elsewhere. They may be true, half-true, or not true. And he may believe it some or more. I don't know.

He entered to portal because he lost his job and also to get better help, I assume.
Regardless of if it’s true or not or if he was forced out or not, every QB in his situation is going to think that. The alternative is “I’m just not good”.

I was just perusing the QBs in the portal. Hank Bachmeier? Wasn’t he a Gopher target (or even commit) at one point? Wonder if there’d be any interest left on his part

I still don't get how Minnesota can't just milk like $10 mil a year from Cargill just because it would mean nothing to them and be good PR. The biggest private business in the country is in your back yard and they can't throw relative chump change at being "for Minnesota, by Minnesota" or something to that effect? CHS won't throw down a thing? United won't throw a mil or two?

Last edited:

I still don't get how Minnesota can't just milk like $10 mil a year from Cargill just because it would mean nothing to them and be good PR. The biggest private business in the country is in your back yard and they can't throw relative chump change at being "for Minnesota, by Minnesota" or something to that effect? CHS won't throw down a thing? United won't throw a mil or two?
They didn't get to where they are by lighting money on fire.

It will be a chore, but bringing the issue back to the Court is vital - the justices had no idea of the consequences of their voting.
The new likely curb on this will be the IRS. The Service has already ruled that contributions to collectives aren't tax deductible if the collective doesn't have a charitable purpose (paying athletes is not charitable). The next piece of this is legitimate business expense. The Service needs to start disallowing business deductions for NIL payments that are misaligned with actual value. For instance, Bigshot car dealer in Columbus gives third string QB a car and QB needs only to say "thanks" on IG. Is the value to Car dealer really there? No. Car dealer is simply pimping his favorite football team. There's no or very little business purpose there. Is Cardealer going to give 3rd string QB that car if Cardealer is disallowed the deduction? Probably not.

Tell us you don't know how corporations work, without telling us you don't know how corporations work.

The justices are not supposed to rule based on the consequences. They are supposed to rule based on interpretation of current law.

The justices are not supposed to rule based on the consequences. They are supposed to rule based on interpretation of current law.
They very much keep in mind what the consequences are. Absurd results or total chaos are things that they even mention trying to avoid.

How is the state supposed to just milk a multinational corporation who ... typically milks states?

These choices aren't based on geography, it's just some executive wanting to do a thing for his school or whatever.

Word is he's a Notre Dame lock
I don't think it's a good strategy to keep trying to bring in transfers to be your starting QB. Hartman wasn't bad for them this year but he wasn't as good as I expected him to be. It can take time to figure things out in a new system and with new teammates.

I was just perusing the QBs in the portal. Hank Bachmeier? Wasn’t he a Gopher target (or even commit) at one point? Wonder if there’d be any interest left on his part
Gophers offered Bachmeier a scholarship out of high school and he took an unofficial visit, but signed with Boise State.

He's looking for his third team so I wouldn't think so.
Not sure I follow the logic. But I agree, I don’t think he’d have much interest, but not sure we would either. Sounded like he transferred to La Tech to play is a air raid style offense so can’t imagine we’re an attractive spot for him.

Bachmeier doesn't like Fleck which is why he didn't come here, he's not good enough to play in the Big 10 anyways though. He'll probably go to Stanford and be a backup to play with his brother.

I don't care who we get so long as they can read the defense pre-snap and run when the pocket breaks down. AK was a step slow and my GOD was he awful at reading the D. There were times we sent a WR or TE in motion and you can see they are in M2M with a single high safety. How we didn't have 500 yards of across the middle mesh route receiving yards is unreal. He would stick to the deep cross or fade or 7 yard out route that Jackson was running and that is it. It was painful to watch. There are junior high's in Texas that had QBs that make better reads.

I'm curious why AK isn't listed yet as a transfer on either On3 or 247Sports.

Top Bottom