***OFFICIAL UTSA AT MINNESOTA IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

readily apparent after casually watching <10 min that this year will be different and this team will be fun to watch. don’t expect the malcontents to remotely acknowledge their defective assessments or death sentences pronounced for this teams season. don’t expect them to stand behind any statements they’ve made previously this summer shitting on this team & coach non/stop. but at least we all know. they’ll be back after our first bad loss.

Very excited for this season regardless of outcome but things look promising. Go Gophers!

All right. 54 points in the first half. That would have seemed almost inconceivable last season. Absent a complete brain fart, they should easily top 80 points for the second straight game - a total they could never score in any game last season. This team had multiple weaknesses last season but the biggest one in my view is that they simply couldn't score well enough to win games against better competition very often.

And, by the way, Christie isn't bad :p (I'm glad the decommit was the other guy)
Louisville is down 19 to Tennessee-Chattanooga right now halfway through the second half

readily apparent after casually watching <10 min that this year will be different and this team will be fun to watch. don’t expect the malcontents to remotely acknowledge their defective assessments or death sentences pronounced for this teams season. don’t expect them to stand behind any statements they’ve made previously this summer shitting on this team & coach non/stop. but at least we all know. they’ll be back after our first bad loss.

Very excited for this season regardless of outcome but things look promising. Go Gophers!
As a malcontent, I resent that.🤔

There's no "told you so" here. I'm just prodding the people like you who are mad that the Gophers look decent.
Yes, I am mad that the Gophers played a good half of basketball against a team that is one of the worst in the AAC.

Just fuming about it. 🤬

Physically I don't think he's 100% quite yet but his confidence and his ball handling are way better than 3 years ago. I like the way Johnson is using him much better than Pitino did.

In another thread I predicted the Gophers to go 13-18 this season. The team looks much better than what I expected.

However, I refuse to revise my prediction. I'd rather be wrong and have Gopherhole slap me around like a little b****.
You transposed it, you meant 18-13.

In another thread I predicted the Gophers to go 13-18 this season. The team looks much better than what I expected.

However, I refuse to revise my prediction. I'd rather be wrong and have Gopherhole slap me around like a little b****.
Heck I had no confidence in this team either, but we could certainly stick with any team in the country if we shoot (free throws included) like this

Couple early turnovers from Hawkins just losing control

Well, if that's the way you want it, we'll be happy to oblige. :D

Yeah but some Ben Johnson apologist is going to claim having a full roster and better players makes him a better coach. Heck, anybody can coach good players and a full roster.
Well these players are supposed to bad aren’t they? I mean.. they were ranked dead last in the pre season for power 5 teams 🤷‍♂️

Top Bottom