***OFFICIAL UTSA AT MINNESOTA IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

Post #8 in the UTSA thread earlier this week....
Looking at the box score and Ray's breakdown...we should be in good shape.
They do have some scoring balance but maybe nobody is a threat to get 25 or more unlike the first two opponents.
They shot 36% at home. They won in overtime with the help of 35 free throws.
They took 11 less shots and got out rebounded by 9.
On the plus side they only had 7 turnovers in game one and it went overtime. That's impressive.
But, I think maybe we can cruise? Their first game on the road, all new players etc.

Just thought you should all know.... :)

No. Slow down and explain your point. Are you saying there are multiple negatives in his game? If so, what do you identify?
Please reread the comment I was responding to before replying to me - he said, he sees only negatives tonight.

My reply was 10 boards and 8 assists = non negative data and those aren’t warts. He plays outof control, but he’ll figure it out.

Last edited:

Have to say.......while it's stupid that we have to sign up for another streaming service for these games.......at least Peacock has a good presentation. Live look in at another competitive game during half is just smart.
The video quality, graphics and presentation are all good. I missed BTN+ Karen's shrewd insights on the match though...

37 points from the bench
43-32 rebound advantage
21 assists
11 turnovers, sure thought there were more
28-34 from the line, not only shooting them better, but really getting to the line a lot
14-29 from 3, gosh c'mon, 5 of 5 for Ihnen! Christie 4 of 6 Geeze
DawG is a very fine player. Inspector Gadget
Fun game

Anybody at the game?
Looked (and sounded) like an empty gym.

Anybody at the game?
Looked (and sounded) like an empty gym.

I really hope the fans will give this team a chance. This is not the same team as the last two years. They are more fun to watch and they have players who are fun to root for.

If Coyle and the marketing team were smart (?) they would offer a bunch of ticket deals. bring back the "pizza" promotion. anything to get bodies in the gym. give every ticket buyer a free popcorn.
just do something.

I really hope the fans will give this team a chance. This is not the same team as the last two years. They are more fun to watch and they have players who are fun to root for.

If Coyle and the marketing team were smart (?) they would offer a bunch of ticket deals. bring back the "pizza" promotion. anything to get bodies in the gym. give every ticket buyer a free popcorn.
just do something.
They should be giving away tickets to every school team and youth organization that will take them.

just do something.
Winning is going to solve that. I am way more interested than last two years already.

Jack Bunyan sighting. Just punch someone in the face and be done with it. Or maybe wait until iwoa or wisconsin.
It was a well played game. Christie is exiting. It's great to see Ihnen and Fox contributing.

But can we please at least play Mizzou before we declare "the Gophers are back!" etc.?
As a malcontent, I am required to point out that the term we played last night was very bad. I like some of the skill we saw that we haven’t seen in three years, but I’m not convinced on this team’s defense yet. Payne back on the floor will give us a better sense of where the defense will go.

37 points from the bench
43-32 rebound advantage
21 assists
11 turnovers, sure thought there were more
28-34 from the line, not only shooting them better, but really getting to the line a lot
14-29 from 3, gosh c'mon, 5 of 5 for Ihnen! Christie 4 of 6 Geeze
DawG is a very fine player. Inspector Gadget
Fun game
Nice analysis. I’m going to offer a friendly amendment that Dawson needs to get stronger with the ball. He’s had it whacked away too many times on rebounds the first two games. This team needs Payne back to shore up the inside against better opponents.

Arlington was a very bad team.

Top Bottom