***OFFICIAL UTSA AT MINNESOTA IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

Replacing Cooper, Samuals and Henley with Hawkins, Mitchell and Christie can't be overstated. Having a healthy Ihnen is also a big difference.

And Fox. Also Ola Joseph and Carrington are a year older and Garcia doesn't have to split the lead with a player who I will not mention.

We make free throws!! After last year being that atrocious from the lines it's nice to see some go in

i only have that power when I buy stocks

thinking we're in rarified air here. maybe since the 2016-17 season when all 13 scholarships were filled and all were able to play?
Davonte Fitzgerald suffered a season ending injury before the start of the 2016-17 season.

JOJ hitting that 3 is good. I like what I've seen from Fox. Still waiting to see Carrington take more of a leap.

Carrington will continue getting better. Even on nights when he's not shooting great....he can be counted on to play really good defense. That's always valuable.

The announcer certainly makes us sound like a Big Ten contender… entertain me!

Have to say.......while it's stupid that we have to sign up for another streaming service for these games.......at least Peacock has a good presentation. Live look in at another competitive game during half is just smart.

All right. 54 points in the first half. That would have seemed almost inconceivable last season. Absent a complete brain fart, they should easily top 80 points for the second straight game - a total they could never score in any game last season. This team had multiple weaknesses last season but the biggest one in my view is that they simply couldn't score well enough to win games against better competition very often.

And, by the way, Christie isn't bad :p (I'm glad the decommit was the other guy)

Carrington will continue getting better. Even on nights when he's not shooting great....he can be counted on to play really good defense. That's always valuable.
And he's a fairly good rebounder

Yeah, if he's fine with that being his role, more power to him. I'd say at this point he's behind Christie, Hawkins and Mitchell in terms of value. Not a knock on him just how I see it right now.

Ihnen can’t play the wing -he’s to slow
I agree. It Seems at least somewhat more like indecision. He’s got a huge gait. Chews up a lot of ground per step. Can get places fast, but looks clunky.

Have to say.......while it's stupid that we have to sign up for another streaming service for these games.......at least Peacock has a good presentation. Live look in at another competitive game during half is just smart.

It is a good production but I'd like it better if they got the announcers from the first game (I actually watched the replay so I could catch some of those lines again).

It's almost like....having a bunch of guys injured for the entire year hurt the team....but don't tell the Ben Johnson hate club.
Yeah but some Ben Johnson apologist is going to claim having a full roster and better players makes him a better coach. Heck, anybody can coach good players and a full roster.

I agree. It Seems at least somewhat more like indecision. He’s got a huge gait. Chews up a lot of ground per step. Can get places fast, but looks clunky.

Physically I don't think he's 100% quite yet but his confidence and his ball handling are way better than 3 years ago. I like the way Johnson is using him much better than Pitino did.

I was being sarcastic.

He’s incredibly athletic, look at how he drives to the bucket and gets to the rim and his release from 3 - smooth.

It looks awkward because he has such king limbs - 7’4” wingspan when he’s 6’9.

Top Bottom