***OFFICIAL UTSA AT MINNESOTA IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

Stan

Reaction score
First game in the books with a convincing win. Saw some good things, but would like to avoid the slow start to the second half syndrome which is somewhat common for teams against weaker opponents.

More than anything I’d like to see Cam Christie in the game and healthy.

Let’s build off game one, and keep moving forward.

GET ‘ER DONE JOHNSON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Things I want to see (in no particular order):
  • Cam Christie on the floor
  • Payne playing 25+ productive minutes
  • The opponent held under 60 points
  • KenPom ranking improves after the game
  • Play winning basketball for 9/10 of the 4-minute TV timeout stretches
Regarding the last bullet, I'd guess we were 7/10 against Bethune (the first 12 minutes of the 2nd half were uninspiring, perhaps even a bit longer).

So is this just streaming or is there a tv channel somewhere?

No real TV (BTN counts) for either men’s basketball or volleyball home games tonight. F’ing joke

There is also absolutely no reason that YTTV, Sat, cable couldn’t have an “alternate” channel going for when there are multiple Big Ten teams having home games at the same time. Greedy assholes. I won’t pay for live TV and be forced to pay again for an extra add-on streaming service. No!

No real TV (BTN counts) for either men’s basketball or volleyball home games tonight. F’ing joke

There is also absolutely no reason that YTTV, Sat, cable couldn’t have an “alternate” channel going for when there are multiple Big Ten teams having home games at the same time. Greedy assholes. I won’t pay for live TV and be forced to pay again for an extra add-on streaming service. No!
It's six bucks. And get used to it because I think you'll need several different streaming platforms to watch all the football games in the near future.

Things I want to see (in no particular order):
  • Cam Christie on the floor
  • Payne playing 25+ productive minutes
  • The opponent held under 60 points
  • KenPom ranking improves after the game
  • Play winning basketball for 9/10 of the 4-minute TV timeout stretches
Regarding the last bullet, I'd guess we were 7/10 against Bethune (the first 12 minutes of the 2nd half were uninspiring, perhaps even a bit longer).
I like your list but and would add this: Be ready and able to deal with any full court or half court pressure defense that UTSA may apply. When Bethune ratched up their defence it had us struggling a bit in the second half.

T

The free market in action!

If you have a Delta Amex (not sure about Amex in general), they currently have a deal to reimburse you $5.99 for up to 3 months if you spend $5.99/month on Peacock. That makes Peacock free into February other than sales tax. You can find it on the offers page of your Amex account.

Does anyone know if Peacock will have a replay of the game available afterwords? I won't be able to catch it live but am hoping to watch afterwards

Does anyone know if Peacock will have a replay of the game available afterwords? I won't be able to catch it live but am hoping to watch afterwards

Yes, if you're not able to watch the game live, you can watch a replay later. Peacock has full-game replays of all the games that it has aired on NBC or Peacock this season. The replay should be available shortly after the conclusion of the game.Oct 7, 2023

Just looked it up. They always had replays of the cycling races this summer, so I’m ’assuming’ they do on this also. The above seems to agree.
Also, I see there is a replay available of the Rutgers-Princeton game posted.

Hopefully it's not like Apple TV MLB and it tells you the final score as you're going to play it.

Top Bottom