***OFFICIAL UMKC AT MINNESOTA BEN JOHNSON DEBUT IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

Thus far D looks coordinated and lots of communication.

Lije to see some iso for Battle. KC doesn’t seem to have many O threats outside of the guy with the hairdo bun and one guard shooting 3

Wish that sweet Sutherlin dunk would have counted...

I only need 2 months of btn+ it looks like, right? Nov/Dec?

Is Thompson or Thiam going to play at all?
Thiam didn't look great in the scrimmage. Forced a lot and don't convert much. Left some to be desired on D as well IMO. Not sure why Thompson hasn't been in, tho Daniels has played better than I expected at least

I'm not the guy who understand basketball the way I do football. That said, this team will encounter hardship this year. But I'm not sure that means it isn't on the right track... I predict that, this year, people will say there is insufficient ball movement, and guys just chucking it up.

Gophers look very focused and working hard on D. Lots of switching and hands in the passing lanes. Only 7 guys so far so very short bench.

Rrally like #15 getting ball on high post and back door oops. Guys look for opp to slash to hoop and not forced. I like that versus Carr who always forced the action. O has lots of flow with no real ID. Taking advantage of the situation rather than force and rely on pure athletic ability.

KC seems to hang around as Gophers can’t get a prolonged advantage

They are small and slow but at least they run plays, move the ball and play some defense. I can't imagine what is going to happen against MSU, Illinois, Michigan, etc. I still think they will pull off a couple of home B1G upsets.

They are small and slow but at least they run plays, move the ball and play some defense. I can't imagine what is going to happen against MSU, Illinois, Michigan, etc. I still think they will pull off a couple of home B1G upsets.
Someone a long time ago told me these guys werent gonna be slow…😂

glad we have some good communication and drawn up plays. Thats gonna go a long whas in making us relevant

No you don’t

Curry continues to struggle. As I've said in other threads, he is a wonderful human being. But he needs to be replaced. I'd rather see Daniels or Thompson out there.

I can't imagine anything this team does will be worse than the abomination that is the Timberwolves "No offense at all" 4th quarters. That team has wounded me like never before.

Curry continues to struggle. As I've said in other threads, he is a wonderful human being. But he needs to be replaced. I'd rather see Daniels or Thompson out there.
Curry should not be taking minutes from Thompson this year. I don't think it does Thompson any good to play him 30 minutes per game, but there is absolutely no reason why Thompson doesn't play 15-18 minutes per game this year.

Curry should not be taking minutes from Thompson this year. I don't think it does Thompson any good to play him 30 minutes per game, but there is absolutely no reason why Thompson doesn't play 15-18 minutes per game this year.
Yep no Thompson or Thiam seems like a pretty bad sign

Daniels has to earn minutes from Curry and hope Thompson can show and seethe floor.
KC won’t go away

Top Bottom