***OFFICIAL UMKC AT MINNESOTA BEN JOHNSON DEBUT IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

maybe the short bench for the umkc game to to make sure there was a W and avoid: good on ya Rob Jeter!

Last edited:

Was hoping Johnson would have that crap whitewash removed from Williams court and return it to a nice standard maple can’t stand to watch games on that court!🤮

Loewe looked better on second viewing. Seems like a versatile perimeter player, which this team needed.

Sutherlin reminds me of Shabazz Muhammad. Power guard who plays better with his back to the basket, though likes to drive and make contact. I think that type of player is needed on this team, so I won’t blame him for volatile play

Just watching some highlights. Battle might end up honorable mention BIG. He looks good. I know competition isn't there yet, but he looks good.

Like most, I'm disappointed that Thompson didn't play (especially given our lack of frontcourt depth), but I'll trust Ben has a plan for him. Curry actually jumped pretty well for that missed dunk! Definitely something we didn't see from him last year. The team definitely looked tired with 10 min to go in the game, so it will be interesting to see if Ben continues with a really short bench.

Battle is good. Pitino's failure to recruit him is a massive failure. We may have made the tournament if he was a Gopher last season.
Yup. He was offered by literally every school in the nation, but Pitino did not recruit him…fireable.

I listened to the game live, and caught the replay on BTN last night. I don’t remember seeing one single ball screen (which really confused me after so many years of conditioning over the Pitino era!). Lots of movement, off the ball screens for shooters, sharp cuts to the basket, and good passing. We’ll be overmatched in the B1G, talent-wise, but I’m hoping we’ll be more efficient with the ball than past years.

Top Bottom