***OFFICIAL UMKC AT MINNESOTA BEN JOHNSON DEBUT IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

Stan

Reaction score
For the first time since 1971 "one of us" will roam the sidelines as the Gophers head coach. For a program that prides itself on in-state recruiting, Ben Johnson is the first U alum to be head coach of the Gophers since George Hanson's one season in 1970-71.

We have no idea what to expect from Johnson or this roster. It could be a nightmare or it could be squad that improves as the season goes on.

I expect us to be gritty. I expect us to have a little bit of nasty. I expect to lead the Big Ten in high fives and butt slaps. It all starts Tuesday night vs the Kangaroos.

For the first time in what could be a long tradition...

GET 'ER DONE JOHNSON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If Richard was coach, I might not even tune in to watch. With BJ, it'll be interesting to see what happens. A lot of threes will be jacked. Here's hoping some of 'em fall in and we can start the season with a win. Go Gophers!

Looking forward to seeing how the team plays together and how they follow the coaches directions. Hopefully there is a victory at the end of the night.

There's no way this season can be worse than 2015 right? That was the most losses in school history.
Let's leave that record in 2015 and never think about that again.

I’ll be curious to see our style if nothing less. Do we try play up and down with outside shooting? Feed Battle and play through him? Are we diverse in our defensive looks? If nothing else, it’ll be fun to see that and see what Ben wants us to do

So, NO.

Fake ass service "oh, you already pay for BTN ... well how about this extra thing where you have to pay even more!"
Anybody else getting a malware or virus warning message when they try to get to the BTN plus site?

Could just buy a ticket. Think there $3 on Stubhub
Right. But also, I already pay for BTN. Good money. I watch it too, good channel.

If a person does that, they should just then get BTN+ free free. The idea is just that it's also available to people who don't have cable, that want it on the side, ala cart.

Anyway ... /rant

There's no way this season can be worse than 2015 right? That was the most losses in school history.
Fasten your seat belt, it’s going to be a bumpy ride!

Even if we are god awful, we will at least get a vision of the blueprint of the future.

The Gopher Sports motto of "Hey, it could be worse!" will be tested this season...

Right. But also, I already pay for BTN. Good money. I watch it too, good channel.

If a person does that, they should just then get BTN+ free free. The idea is just that it's also available to people who don't have cable, that want it on the side, ala cart.

Anyway ... /rant
They don't sell ads during the breaks, just silence. I refuse to believe that getting 5K people to pay $9.99 for a month generates more $ than making it free, doubling or tripling the audience and selling ads for the dead air space. Lazy/bad marketing....

Lindsey and the Gopher women just eased the pressure on Ben for tonight. Woof.

Spauldo checking in. Holding back from my signature game day post

They don't sell ads during the breaks, just silence. I refuse to believe that getting 5K people to pay $9.99 for a month generates more $ than making it free, doubling or tripling the audience and selling ads for the dead air space. Lazy/bad marketing....
So true. I doubt they have even thought about your idea.

My eyes will be on Battle and TT tonight. Both players are building blocks in year 0/1.

For those on their first attempt with BTN plus on Roku, you may need to fast forward when you start your game stream.

Top Bottom