***OFFICIAL - REAL U OF M (GOPHERS) @ FAUX U OF M (WOLVERINES) - GAME THREAD!!!***

down 6 at the half but closer than it should be, honestly. Wouldn’t say we’re out of it but have to be better. Way too many uncontested dunks for the Wolverines. Like 5 or 6.
At least turnovers are something that can be corrected, in theory. I’d be more pessimistic if they had 5-6 dunks not from turnovers.

anyways, match the aggression, hit some back cuts, and it’s a reasonably close second half.

wasted possession to end the half though. It isn't illegal to pass the ball a time or two to see if you can get a decent look
Honestly what other offense had we shown the first half? Don’t risk the ball not coming back to Carr. I would like him to drive once in a while, but I want him with the ball.

Not a surprise Carr was the one to get the game close again.

With the rest of the team shooting so poorly they may as well keep letting him shoot.

only down 6 at half in what was a sloppy half from us. It's alright. Hope we've weathered the storm and come out with confidence and engaged on D. We're right there

Michigan has played amazing perimeter defense. Early, they were really good at getting up in our guys face to prevent the 3 and make it tough to get a pass into the post, while making sure they forced any drive into help defense. They really took it to us out front. Gophers had a bad stretch around the 6 minute mark in which they looked pretty half-hearted on both sides of the ball. Only 2 free throws in the first half isn't the Gophers game. They defended well early when we tried to get aggressive inside and that seemed to get into our heads a little.

Even though we've given up some easy buckets off turnovers, I don't think our defense has been that bad overall. Michigan has taken advantage when we have a breakdown, we haven't done the same when Michigan has given us a look.

Liam is getting his ass kicked so far in the post on D

What a joke of a way to start the half. Geeze.

It’s somewhat implied that flagrant isn’t the goal here. Do you say this because of the refs, because we can’t foul hard properly etc.—?

Because when a dude is running in front of you by that much the only way you’re going to foul them is shoving them from behind. They aren’t close enough to contest the dunk/layup.

What is the argument for Gach starting over Mashburn at this point?

this is looking like we may get run out of the gym in the 2nd half. Jesus

Is it that we play really good teams on the road so we look bad or we are bad on the road so we make teams look really good?

So Pitino has just given up? Call a TO and wake them the fuck up. Two road games in row where they are at least in striking distance and come out of locker room like they forgot how to play. Robbins is getting absolutely abused by a freshmen. He just get pushed under the basket every possession. If he can’t stop him you might need to do something else.
It’s these moments where Pitino is so goddam hard to believe in.

Gabe Kalscheur is the best shooter on the world after the whistle. It isn’t close.

So Pitino has just given up? Call a TO and wake them the fuck up. Two road games in row where they are at least in striking distance and come out of locker room like they forgot how to play. Robbins is getting absolutely abused by a freshmen. He just get pushed under the basket every possession. If he can’t stop him you might need to do something else.
It’s these moments where Pitino is so goddam hard to believe in.
It's the reason I have wanted him fired for years....Would have been last year if it wasn't for Covid.

I fully understand @Illinois @Wisconsin and @Michigan is TOUGH, but man getting just boat raced in everyone of these games is starting to become and issue. Need to at least keep these games close

Is there a shot we can get the NCAA tourney moved to Minnesota? We would be a lock for the Final 4!

Top Bottom