***OFFICIAL - REAL U OF M (GOPHERS) @ FAUX U OF M (WOLVERINES) - GAME THREAD!!!***

I guess we respectfully disagree on this topic then. In my opinion, Clem’s teams played really hard and had a toughness about them. He brought a toughness and passion that rubbed off in the team. I don’t see anything like that from RPs teams. Maybe we just have vastly different opinions.
Clems teams played way better defense than Pitino's.

Yeah, second half was disappointing, but I put this one on Gach and Robbins. Carr pretty much cut it to 6 on his own at half and needed help in the second. I knew we would have problems after watching them play Northwestern, most athletic team we've played since Illinois.

Michigan plays good defense and doesn't foul.

On a positive note I am beginning to see some uptick on the defensive end (1st half) With Tre, Gabe, Robbins, Ilhen and Carr in we are actually a top tier Big defensive team.

Yeah, second half was disappointing, but I put this one on Gach and Robbins. Carr pretty much cut it to 6 on his own at half and needed help in the second. I knew we would have problems after watching them play Northwestern, most athletic team we've played since Illinois.

Michigan plays good defense and doesn't foul.

On a positive note I am beginning to see some uptick on the defensive end (1st half) With Tre, Gabe, Robbins, Ilhen and Carr in we are actually a top tier Big defensive team.
Great post. Defense was a B in the first half and a solid F in the first 10 minutes of the second half. play the best 5 defenders. Gach will grade a D- last night.

Agree. D- might be kind sad to say. Did not compete on either end. His body language was terrible and on offense he tried to dribble when he should of shot and shot when he should of dribbled.

Wow this thread is pathetic. I've never seen so many posts ripping a coach. We are getting killed and these players are to blame. Players lose the game sick of always hearing the complaining on pitino. Our guys did not play well and did not play with great effort, this second half especially. As a player you need to have more pride than that. Its actually quite embarrassing how terrible they have been. And they have shown they can play well. These kids need to get better and need to play with much better effort.
Woke up to read this sheeple dreck again. Drink it down cuz I hate myself like that.

This is absolutely cucked, OP. This is Rome before the fall. But we’re not Rome we are a Pizza Ranch Buffet and the manager is drunk again wanking off in the sourdough.
Thanks coach. Thanks Poison Pitino
and your small, silver spooned adult son.

psst: the Family has likely been throwing games the whole time and not just the time I witnessed 4 yrs ago.

A Fat cat do-nothing DADDY-o calling in the picks from the Continent. And now he’s domestic again, back in business stateside.

Last edited:

Where were all you haters when we played IA..MSU....OSU...St.Louis. total jumpers
The bandwagon is the most important fan base for any coach to secure. We have inherent leverage. Class consciousness. Git hip to it

Big ten teams are 83-13 at home. Win the home games and steal some on the road. At Iowa will be tough but get payback then hosting Michigan.

Wow, that's a bad take. Wow.
Robbins, Johnson, Carr, Gach, Gabe, Ihnen, Mash, Tre. These are all talented kids. Very talented. It's enough to be competitive in every game at the minimum.

I've watched Michigan play other teams this year and haven't really been overly impressed. Just because they hammer us doesn't mean they're extremely talented. They played extremely hard tonight. That has nothing to do with talent.

Because we don't get the most out of our guys doesn't make them less talented than Michigan's guys. Dickinson probably being the one exception.

Last edited:

It's one game. A bad one against a really strong team. Putting it in perspective we are 3-3 in the Big Ten and we have played 6 ranked teams in conference. I'll take it- even though I really disliked what I saw in the second half.
Yes bga, for sure an over reaction to one game. MI overplayed us defensively, you can't reward someone being up in your grill all game long or it's going to be a long night and it was.

It's 3 games. All 3 road games they have been down 30 (!) points in the 2nd half. The Gophers were much, much closer to losing at home to Loyola Marymount, Boston College, or Iowa than they have been to getting a road victory. So yes, 3-3 at this point in the conference schedule is fine, but only if you believe something will drastically change on the road and they will continue to handle business on the home floor. I certainly hope that will be the case, but we certainly haven't seen anything this year (or in 6 of the 7 previous years) to believe that will happen.
Good take too EG. Competitors don't like getting smacked in the face. 30+ is a smacking.

Gach has been said to be a more athletic version of Coffey (on GH), and that is crazy.
Take it easy on the kids, they are all just trying to figure it out. Pretend you are posting about your kid.

As noted on another thread -
Pitino - the head coach of the team - has said that the more the team passes the ball, the better they play.

So, seems simple, right? pass the ball a lot.

But, if that's the case, then why does this team fall into these offensive black holes where ball movement comes to a dead stop and we watch Carr dribble the shot clock down to 3 or 4 seconds?

Maybe I'm missing it, but when that happens, Pitino and the coaches should be screaming at the top of their lungs "PASS THE BALL!!!!"

either the players are ignoring the coach, or the Gophers have the dumbest team in America.

Maybe I'm missing it, but when that happens, Pitino and the coaches should be screaming at the top of their lungs "PASS THE BALL!!!!"

Good advice, of course, but Michigan deserves some credit for making passing a difficult and uncertain activity last night.

As noted on another thread -
Pitino - the head coach of the team - has said that the more the team passes the ball, the better they play.

So, seems simple, right? pass the ball a lot.

But, if that's the case, then why does this team fall into these offensive black holes where ball movement comes to a dead stop and we watch Carr dribble the shot clock down to 3 or 4 seconds?

I know I'm telling "pass the ball!" to the tv, but it rarely helps.

I’d like to see Mustaf get some floor time tonight.
Just came to the sad realization that we have been robbed of the ability in a few years time, during Mutaf's potential heyday to throw around "Mustafa"

I've watched Michigan play other teams this year and haven't really been overly impressed. Just because they hammer us doesn't mean they're extremely talented. They played extremely hard tonight. That has nothing to do with talent.

That's absolute nonsense. I always roll my eyes when someone like you claims he's an expert on a team because he watched them for a few sporadic minutes earlier in the season.

What I saw were two probable future first round draft pick big men (Dickinson and Wagner) starting in the front court for them. Livers is being listed as a mid-second rounder on mock drafts. The back up big man, Johns, looked very good for a backup and was the consensus #67 coming out of high school. Grad transfer backup guard, Chaundee Brown, was the consensus #34 coming out of high school and he brutalized our players, particularly on defense. Their other starting guards, Smith and Brooks, are nothing special but they got the job done.

Talented players can play hard, too. Often they play harder than players who are less talented.

That was the best Big Ten team I've seen all season. They are talented, they play hard, and they play smart. Illinois is very talented, too, but they are beatable because they make more mistakes.

Uh, it wasn't the players or Pitino.

I turned on the game at the start of the second half. My fault. I will do better the next time...

Carry on.

No doubt u watched the iowa game as well and look what happened again. Please step up and do your part. You are better than this.

Last edited:

Top Bottom