***OFFICIAL NORTHWESTERN AT MINNESOTA IN-GAME THREAD***

There needs to be a press conference tomorrow, Coyle. If Pitino wants to coach out the season, fine. But pull the trigger.

Not really sure what the benefit is of firing a coach at this point in the season?

He should be fired tonight immediately after the game

I don't agree. If this season is a total bomb, then he should have to suffer through it until the end like the rest of us. Fire him after he loses in the Big Ten tournament.

Nate Mason was a pretty good shooter. Coffey was solid his junior year. Andre Hollins was damn good. Austin Hollins ended up being solid.

Seems like hyperbole on your part
Dupree McBrayer was a good 3 point shooter for like his sophomore year and the second half of his freshman year. Andre Hollins was a good shooter. Brock Stull, Michael Hurt, and Isaiah Ihnen have all had seasons where they shot around 40% on a low volume of shots.

But as far as having a guy who shoots 38% for 3 or 4 years, or having 3+ guys on the floor who can be counted on to hit an open 3 at a reasonable rate, it does feel like we haven't had that for awhile.

how have they not figured out how to combat the aggressive ball screen hedge on Carr? It literally destroys the offensive possession. Why even set the screen for him?

Might as well face it, they way we are playing we are going to go down to Northwestern. Simply unbelievable the way we play on the offensive end.

Make no mistake, this is a TERRIBLE NW team. These guys aren’t D1 shooters. They just aren’t. There is no plan to move bodies or the ball to get something going toward the basket. I don’t know if I would want Richard coaching our high school team

how have they not figured out how to combat the aggressive ball screen hedge on Carr? It literally destroys the offensive possession. Why even set the screen for him?
It's the only offense we know

Saving 2 weeks of speculation and distraction. If he decision is made, you may as well.
I think firing him mid season is a bad look. Doesn’t help recruiting, current players, etc. I agree he should be fired but no reason to do it now unless you’re going to immediately hire a coach who isn’t currently employed and they can start recruiting?

Put Mashburn at the point, have Carr play off the ball

You just can't make up this kind of shooting from behind the arc. Without Robbins and with Freeman riding the pines, we simply have no low post presence.

I think firing him mid season is a bad look. Doesn’t help recruiting, current players, etc. I agree he should be fired but no reason to do it now unless you’re going to immediately hire a coach who isn’t currently employed and they can start recruiting?
It's not midseason. If they lose, the season is effectively over. BC did it. Others have done it. You just announce he will not return. If he coaches the rest of the games is up to him.

It's not midseason. If they lose, the season is effectively over. BC did it. Others have done it. You just announce he will not return. If he coaches the rest of the games is up to him.

BC isn’t a program to emulate. What other programs do you speak of?

Top Bottom