***OFFICIAL NORTHWESTERN AT MINNESOTA IN-GAME THREAD***

Otis

Reaction score
Haven't made one of these threads since we beat Purdue. So, here's hoping.

Starting Lineup:

PG: Mashburn
SG: Carr
SF: Williams
PF: Johnson
C: Robbins

Will the Gophers be healthy enough to make sense of Pitino starting Carr and Robbins? Will they cave to a Northwestern team that is pretty much 0 for 2021? (I didn't look, it just seems that way.)

Will this allow Coyle to put his foot in the door to force Pitino out or allow Pitino to mount his last stand and win out for a lock to the NCAAs?

Who knows? The Gophers should be taken off all betting sites, cause no one has a clue what to expect!

Go Gophers!

if Robbins is not at least 85-90%, I would sit him.

It does Robbins no good and does the team no good to have a player out there who is simply not able to play up to his normal standards due to injury.

If that means the team loses, so be it.

The goal should be to have the team as healthy as possible in time for the B1G Tournament. Because, at this point, the team might need to win a few games at the B1G tourney if they want to make that other Tourney.

Is this like STFU or something? My kids aren't home to tell me what this means.

Get
Er
Done
Pitino?

I certainly hope we aren't relying on him to have anything to do with winning this game.

For that matter, I think Larry the Cable Guy could do a better job coaching. Put a mic on him and he'd certainly be more entertaining.

Last edited:

Is this like STFU or something? My kids aren't home to tell me what this means.

Get
Er
Done
Pitino?

I certainly hope we aren't relying on him to have anything to do with winning this game.

For that matter, I think Larry the Cable Guy could do a better job coaching. Put a mic on him and he'd certainly be more entertaining.

Stan always puts in his game posts. Stan is the man.
next year with a new coach it’ll be GEDCoachesinitial.

not every fucking post has to rag on Pitino. Makes this site much less enjoyable.

Need to win this game going away and play hard the whole 40 minutes. Pedal down from the start and bury them. Show everyone that you haven't given up. If they win by less than 10, I'd say season over.

can we play some defense tonight please!

We're whopping 5 point favorites over the Mighty Cats who haven't won since...December?

Gophers -4.5. Who are you going with?

Need to win this game going away and play hard the whole 40 minutes. Pedal down from the start and bury them. Show everyone that you haven't given up. If they win by less than 10, I'd say season over.

LOL. Margin of victory is irrelevant. Think Baylor is done cause they barely beat an abysmal ISU team?

Depends who plays.

Not sure if it's the right call, but I would be somewhat interested to see more of Sam Freeman if Robbins being out creates the opportunity for that. But maybe it'll still just be some combination of Curry, Johnson, and Ihnen covering the 5 tonight.

The good and bad news are the same for me tonight: i only get to watch the 1st half of the game before I have to tend to other obligations.

However, the Gophers under Pitino usually show their hand pretty quick so i'll know right away if im gonna miss anything or not.

Top Bottom