***OFFICIAL NEBRASKA AT MINNESOTA IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

So much fun watching that game and seeing what this team can be.

Still hyped up and trying to get to sleep for work tomorrow, but rewatching the replay and just grinning.

I'm not ready to give up, and neither are these kids.

Use that second half effort as motivation for the rest of the season and see what happens.

A bit late today, sorry all. Well we know a few Hoiberg Bobo’s will be rooting for him in the media area.

If Gophers want to get to 8+ BT wins we really need this game. And there’s no excuse not get to get this W. I don’t want a slow start followed by a modest “comeback” followed by “I’m proud the way we battled back” comments. I WANT A WIN!

GET ‘ER DONE JOHNSON!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I never read these posts until after I get home from the game. It’s very interesting to relive the game through these posts. Liked the tech incident with Mitchell, it showed there was some life in the boys it was a fun game to watch. Hopefully they can take this and move forward with Garcia and be better. And a sidenote I grew up with a crap, so I don’t wanna hear anyone ever say again that litefisk was a good meal.

Those that have been paying attention have seen some reasons for optimism in previous games as well but yeah....nice to have a game that is going to be really tough for people to complain about for a change :)
Well, the free throws were not good. Was no one paying attention?🤔

Person from tonight I least want to be? Fred Hoiberg...I disagree they are a bad team. They melted down versus instate rival Creighton. They rebounded from that performance to go up by
15 in the first half. Then you watch your team just disintegrate right in front of you and lose by 11 to the Minnesota Gophers.
It has to be an embarrassing two game stretch. His team was so ugly the last two games. Just 5 days ago his team was 7 and 0.
We’re Nebraska’s Missouri.😂

We were both the worst and one of the best in the same game!

From the opening seconds of the second half, the energy was completely changed around. Someone found the switch that reversed the polarity of the device. I can't imagine what Ben said at halftime. Seriously, I can't even guess. Did he challenge their manhood? Question it? That was some of the softest defense I've ever seen in the first half, and Nebraska didn't have a chance against their buzzsaw of a defense in the second half. I'm just gobsmacked.
The gist of Ben’s halftime speech: “You do know this is Nebraska, don’t you?” 😂

I'm very pleased for Johnson and the team. They made plays down the stretch that have been very infrequent during the last 2.5 years. This is the most talented team Johnson has put together. Let's hope this game means something.

I'm very pleased for Johnson and the team. They made plays down the stretch that have been very infrequent during the last 2.5 years. This is the most talented team Johnson has put together. Let's hope this game means something.
This is the first win in the Johnson era in which defense played a key role in the win.

I’m withholding complete judgment until we see what Nebraska is like against the rest of the league. Not sure what our points off turnovers was, but it was high. Our normally weak on defense guards were much better than theirs last night.

This is the first win in the Johnson era in which defense played a key role in the win.

I’m withholding complete judgment until we see what Nebraska is like against the rest of the league. Not sure what our points off turnovers was, but it was high. Our normally weak on defense guards were much better than theirs last night.
I'm the meantime, we're 1-1 and in the middle of the pack in the league for the time being. Obviously the program doesn't want to be in a place where an upset win over Nebraska becomes a state holiday, but I can't lie: that was fun, and this feels nice.

I told my wife when we were down about 16 that hopefully Arkansas would continue to tank and We'd offer Musselman after he got fired. I'm still pessimistic about Johnson. Good to see all of our basketball teams win last night.

Part of the weirdness of this whole thing is that the team played their best ball of the year without Garcia on the floor. I'm not sure what that means.
This team has had stretches of games this year (with and without Garcia) where they have played amazing. Last night they put it together for an entire half and the guys that needed to step up to fill the void left by Garcia did.

Hawkins is going to be a massive key for this team. When he plays under control he does a lot of great things and Johnson talked in the post game about him becoming more of a leader for the team. JOJ really stepped up last night in Garcia's absence and played with a ton of aggression, hopefully a sign of things to come.

The best part is we can get some wins with players that the badgers/Iowa would never ever consider sniping. Marquette on the other hand….

If I have this correct we scored 46 points in the second half vs Ohio State and 52 now vs. Nebraska. Both games we were a much better team in the second half.

I am not exactly sure what it means yet but one thing is for sure - they have the potential to be a much better team than last year.

Gotta say, reading this entire game thread in the light of day is highly amusing.

Super fun game last night, what a comeback, crowd really got into it in the 2nd half.

Sit Dawson until the Michigan game, if necessary. Need him 100% before the meat of B1G play, and we SHOULD (hopefully) be able to handle the last 4 cupcake games without him.

Let's build on this!!

Who cares how Nebraska plays the rest of the league. I want to see the the Gophers replicate that second half against the rest of the league, but do it for the whole game.

I'm the meantime, we're 1-1 and in the middle of the pack in the league for the time being. Obviously the program doesn't want to be in a place where an upset win over Nebraska becomes a state holiday, but I can't lie: that was fun, and this feels nice.
Winning is better.

Who cares how Nebraska plays the rest of the league. I want to see the the Gophers replicate that second half against the rest of the league, but do it for the whole game.
I care because it will help us get a bigger picture of how good this team is and how significant last nights win was. I think a lot of people who follow the game and our team care as well. I thought the Nebraska guards would be better than they were last night. Agree to disagree if you think evaluating the competition is not relevant in discerning our team.

Part of the weirdness of this whole thing is that the team played their best ball of the year without Garcia on the floor. I'm not sure what that means.
Maybe it was the phenomenon of "burning the boats". We aren't getting back across the river, so we can either fight like hell or perish.

Big dawg goes down. Decide at halftime if they are going to man up or sulk and piss down their legs.

They came out with their big boy pants on and made Nebraska their bitch for the next 20 minutes.

This team has talent. Hopefully they learned how a suffocating defense can open up the offense. They have depth for a change. Roll two lines. Pressure breaks the pipes!

I've been told in other posts sometimes its not the coaches fault the players just play bad, maybe the opposite happened last night. 😁

Kidding aside, great game by CBJ and crew, they clearly had something click. The team from the 2nd half of the Mizzou and the first half of Nebraska goes winless in the big ten. The inverse of that team is a middle of the pack conference team who could get into the tournament. The likelihood is that they are somewhere in the middle of that meaning 5-7 conf wins.

I stand by my belief Johnson is not at all the right guy, but that 2nd half certainly gives me reasons to say I am wrong about that take.

Free throws...Hawkins went 6-10. He hit his first 17 free throws of the season, he's been 13-22 (59%) since. 8-14 (57%) in conference games
24 points off turnovers, Neb with 21.
Payne played the most minutes of any player...both teams... 35:19 minutes
If you're a +/- stat guy. All of the Gophers that played were positive... except for Ihnen @ -11
Home cooking??: we were called for 9 fouls + a technical...Neb. had 21 We shot 14 more free throws... We probably don't win if played in Lincoln.

Really thought they were dead in the water at halftime. Very nice comeback. Hawkins was much better in clutch time in this one (he was actually on the floor!) had the key sequence of the long three and then drawing the charge defensively. Ola-Joseph really good, Mitchell hit shots and also was a factor on D and showed some fire.

I don't think Nebraska is very good, but have to give credit to the team for responding in the second half. Winning is fun...we should do more of it.

Top Bottom