***OFFICIAL NEBRASKA AT MINNESOTA IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

Stocker08 or writer, you guys seem to be very high on this incredible team! Let's bet the ML every game here on out, ill take our opponent you guys get the gophers, little money in my pocket would make watching these games more bearable :)

If you're so confident take the spread

Not in this state, I just want these guys who come out when we win and proclaim this team the 96 Bulls to put their money where their mouth is

No one has said anything like that. Saying they think the team will make the tournament is not calling them the 96 bulls.

Not in this state, I just want these guys who come out when we win and proclaim this team the 96 Bulls to put their money where their mouth is

I don’t know what state you’re in. Sorry.

Anyone else notice that Hoiberg seemed interested in saying good game to Conroy and not Pitino?

No one has said anything like that. Saying they think the team will make the tournament is not calling them the 96 bulls.

Just need to remember who you are responding to. From after the Illinois game:

Well, where are all the people who were shocked we were picked 12th in the league now? It's going to be a struggle. A 6-7 game losing streak seems highly likely, now will they rebound out of that or not is the question

Nice win team and Coach Pitino! Won despite poor shooting, which wont be a successful formula going forward obviously. Decent shooting and we can beat anyone. Hopefully we see it Thursday.

LOL. Literally NObody but you.

Me too. I'll be talkin' :). Anyway, dont get discouraged, the way we are shooting still going to be a heavy lift for us.

Last edited:

I say 50/50 Gophs make NCAA. I want 'em in because you just gotta love the NCAA tournament and it sucks when we aren't in. But I want Pitino gone regardless. This could be shaping up for a Tubby type of exit. If we're in the tournament though, I'll be all in.

I say 50/50 Gophs make NCAA. I want 'em in because you just gotta love the NCAA tournament and it sucks when we aren't in. But I want Pitino gone regardless. This could be shaping up for a Tubby type of exit. If we're in the tournament though, I'll be all in.

I just don't think there is much chance of a coaching change after this season regardless due to COVID budget hits

Well I guess I'm just in the wrong place. I just can't fathom being jacked up about constantly finishing 8-13th in conference, we are 5-7 in conference, am I supposed to be enthusiastic about that? Was i wrong on the stretch earlier in the year, CLEARLY, but the past whatever 5-6 games have been just a mess if you ask me. Sure we won tonight, our coach put our 2 best players back in with 2 fouls in the 1st half when we were up 14 points. We missed 18 straight shots at one point. Like I just don't think we should be giddy about it. Apparently I'm totally wrong on that but just the way I see it

I just don't think there is much chance of a coaching change after this season regardless due to COVID budget hits
You could be right, I'm sure Coyle wants to make the move as soon as he can though (granted we don't have a strong finish). Maybe the financials are a problem, but I'd put my money on him making a move if we go 1 and done in NCAAs or miss tournament. Coyle did not hire Pitino. He wants his guy. Strong rumors we were moving on from him last year if it weren't for Covid. We'll see if that still holds in Covid Year 2.

It'd be great to have a new coach and fans back in the seats with excitement when next November comes around and Covid is on the outs.

You could be right, I'm sure Coyle wants to make the move as soon as he can though (granted we don't have a strong finish). Maybe the financials are a problem, but I'd put my money on him making a move if we go 1 and done in NCAAs or miss tournament. Coyle did not hire Pitino. He wants his guy. Strong rumors we were moving on from him last year if it weren't for Covid. We'll see if that still holds in Covid Year 2.

It'd be great to have a new coach and fans back in the seats with excitement when next November comes around and Covid is on the outs.
I think the firing of Claeys shows he's not afraid of pulling the trigger regardless --- though I concede there were many other factors in that situation.

I think the firing of Claeys shows he's not afraid of pulling the trigger regardless --- though I concede there were many other factors in that situation.
Overall I'm with your point. I think Coyles will to fire Pitino and get his own guy in there will overcome financial difficulties and backlash. Call on those boosters! We need ya back!

100 percent Pitino is gone...Plenty of coaches have gotten fired and hired the past year....The buyout is small and a large portion of the fan base is ready to move on....Coyle will want to seal his legacy with a new bball hire.

Last edited:

Top Bottom