***OFFICIAL MINNESOTA VS SAN FRANCISCO NEUTRAL SITE IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

Our guards are getting no direction...Hawkins can do some things but you need to tell him the things he can't do. Teach him, help him channel what he does well. He just plays and gets to all his bad habits too often.
Mitchell cannot defend anyone.
I agree Payne and Garcia have ability but again do we consistently put them in position to do what they do best?
I agree. This is a badly coached team. Sorry to say it, because I like the coach. I will be surprised if he turns this ship around.

Just get Christie on the floor for the majority of the game.

I'm already looking to the future and a new head coach. Just gotta bang your head against the wall for another few months.

San Francisco is much better than you're giving them credit for. Bet they're a top four WCC team this year.
So your expectations are losing by 20 to the 4th place team in what the 6th or 7 best conference? San Francisco has beat…….? With loses to Grand Canyon and Boise state. That is not a non con resume to get in the tourney

Gophs actually have some talented pieces this year but man the point guard play is going to kill them.
I’m not holding them totally responsible. The system appears disorganized and that’s not their problem.

And what’s your point? We didn’t even compete with them. Open your eyes and quit lecturing everyone. This is ugly and it’s going to get worse. There is no evidence to the contrary and hasn’t been for 3 years.

I think his point is that he doesn't like internet blowhard hyperbole. We may be an absolute bottom feeder P6 team but that doesn't mean San Francisco isn't pretty decent for a mid-major.

And what’s your point? We didn’t even compete with them. Open your eyes and quit lecturing everyone. This is ugly and it’s going to get worse. There is no evidence to the contrary and hasn’t been for 3 years.

It's alway surprising to me when GH posters are too ignorant to realize that there are plenty of good teams outside the power conferences.

It's alway surprising to me when GH posters are too ignorant to realize that there are plenty of good teams outside the power conferences.
Again what have they proved to be a good team. They play two bad p5 teams on the road the next 2 if they get those than they start to build a resume. Right now with who they have beat and lost to they are not a nit team. They were 7-9 last year in the wcc.

So your expectations are losing by 20 to the 4th place team in what the 6th or 7 best conference? San Francisco has beat…….? With loses to Grand Canyon and Boise state. That is not a non con resume to get in the tourney

I didn't say that the Gophers played well. They didn't. Just pointing out that San Francisco isn't some scrub team and it's getting all you masochists upset. Bizarre.

Again what have they proved to be a good team. They play two bad p5 teams on the road the next 2 if they get those than they start to build a resume. Right now with who they have beat and lost to they are not a nit team. They were 7-9 last year in the wcc.

Thanks for the crystal ball reading, Miss Cleo.

Why is everyone disappointed, after all we supposedly have the worst coach and supposedly 2nd rate players...

Thanks for the crystal ball reading, Miss Cleo.
your the loudmouth that tried to show your deep knowledge of the wcc and temper how bad of a loss this is. But oh yeah that’s right they were an at large last year oh wait you were wrong again.

Just get Christie on the floor for the majority of the game.

I'm already looking to the future and a new head coach. Just gotta bang your head against the wall for another few months.
The buyout is $6.5 million. Be surprising if we eat that. But, if we do...after 3 years of last place finishes do Christie and Payne stay to build around? Gotta be a name coach I'd think for that to happen.
But, I think Ben has another year or why is he still here this year? It was obvious before today he is not good at this.

I'm not ignorant. They have been decent. They might be this year. We'll see. They also already lost to Grand Canyon and Boise State.

That has nothing to do with the state of our team and the program as a whole.

Last edited:

And you’re wrong nothing about them suggests they are an at large team. Be bli

your the loudmouth that tried to show your deep knowledge of the wcc and temper how bad of a loss this is. But oh yeah that’s right they were an at large last year oh wait you were wrong again.

You're really upset at the thought that San Francisco might be a good team. Who hurt you?

We were 4 point dogs and destroyed. It's always surprising how some can make a salad out of chicken shit.

Down one with 13 minutes to go then imploded with 18'turn overs. Garcia did alright and Payne was solid. Guards were all pretty much rubbish other than Christie off the bench. Carrington's worst game of the year.
Outscored 29-12 after that.

12 pts scored in final 13 minutes. Holy crap, this team has had some horrible stretches this year.

I didn't say that the Gophers played well. They didn't. Just pointing out that San Francisco isn't some scrub team and it's getting all you masochists upset. Bizarre.

I think some of these people have a nervous condition that requires them to be as apoplectic as possible after a loss. I think the best emotion here is to view tonight's showing with a dignified acceptance of what appears to be inevitable.

I'm not ignorant. They have been decent. They might be this year. We'll see. That has nothing to do with the state of our team and the program as a whole.

Never said otherwise. I've pointed out that San Francisco might be decent....and it got all the angriest posters worked up. lol.

The buyout is $6.5 million. Be surprising if we eat that. But, if we do...after 3 years of last place finishes do Christie and Payne stay to build around? Gotta be a name coach I'd think for that to happen.
But, I think Ben has another year or why is he still here this year? It was obvious before today he is not good at this.
It doesn't matter if payne and christie stay around. It matters that we'd have a new direction and an actual coach.

Can we just go out and get an established coach to at least get rid of the embarrassment.

Top Bottom