***OFFICIAL MINNESOTA VS SAN FRANCISCO NEUTRAL SITE IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

It's alway surprising to me when GH posters are too ignorant to realize that there are plenty of good teams outside the power conferences.

It's always surprising to me when GH posters were defending every CBJ move. He's run this program so far into the ground, we're hyping up San Francisco now. They lost FOURTEEN games in a mid major league last year.

It's always surprising to me when GH posters were defending every CBJ move. He's run this program so far into the ground, we're hyping up San Francisco now. They lost FOURTEEN games in a mid major league last year.
Great post. Some people don’t realize reality as it stares at you in the face.

So you're saying that they simply couldn't be good this year because you've seen the future. Brilliant stuff.
You used the fact they were in the tournament last year to insinuate they were/are good. You made a mistake it happens but own it.

It doesn't matter if payne and christie stay around. It matters that we'd have a new direction and an actual coach.

Can we just go out and get an established coach to at least get rid of the embarrassment.
I’ve not seen any evidence the leadership of the university is embarrassed. Inter regnum at the school doesn’t help either.

This offensive "scheme" is dreadful. The guards are not good but this offense, whatever it is, is putting pressure on them to create it off the dribble and that's just not what they are capable of.
Mitchell, Carrington and Christie are jump shooters, not slashers. Hawkins can drive but he is too small and often out of control.

JOJ is a mystery player. Unless he is getting a pass at the bucket he is invisible out there. He is so athletic but seems to have no desire to play defense at all, or offense for that matter if he isn't getting the ball.

I think right now, even though I like Hawkins, I'd go Payne, Garcia, Carrington, Christie and Mitchell. Feed the post and shoot threes- that's what they have. Hawkins turns it over and can't physically match up on defense. Too bad because he is the only kid that can create for others on the whole team.
"JOJ is a mystery player. Unless he is getting a pass at the bucket he is invisible out there. He is so athletic but seems to have no desire to play defense at all, or offense for that matter if he isn't getting the ball."

He doesn't know what his role is. He'd love to contribute. He doesn't know how to because he hasn't been given responsibilities other than running the baseline for dunks.

San Francisco is much better than you're giving them credit for. Bet they're a top four WCC team this year.
Maybe. But you're making big assumptions too. The WCC rarely gets more than one or two at large bids.

No one is diminishing the Dons. We’re appropriately discouraged about the play of our own team.

Completely fair. I haven't disagreed on that. Just have a few hyperactive posters upset that anyone suggests that the team we played isn't garbage.

Maybe. But you're making big assumptions too. The WCC rarely gets more than one or two at large bids.

Look it doesn't matter. All speculation. I thought that the Dons looked like a pretty good team. Time will tell on that.

It doesn't matter if payne and christie stay around. It matters that we'd have a new direction and an actual coach.

Can we just go out and get an established coach to at least get rid of the embarrassment.
If Christie doesn't matter don't tell me needs to be "on the floor for the majority of the game."

If Christie doesn't matter don't tell me needs to be "on the floor for the majority of the game."
Like you have any clue he'd leave.

I tell you what. Let's keep Ben, because Christie might leave. LMAO

The buyout is $6.5 million. Be surprising if we eat that. But, if we do...after 3 years of last place finishes do Christie and Payne stay to build around? Gotta be a name coach I'd think for that to happen.
But, I think Ben has another year or why is he still here this year? It was obvious before today he is not good at this.
Ben will be Mark's Special Assistant until April 1st when the buyout drops. They can't just run it back next year. Garcia will be gone. There's a sadly decent chance Payne and/or Christie will be gone. It would be beyond hopeless.

Like you have any clue he'd leave.

I tell you what. Let's keep Ben, because Christie might leave. LMAO
But, you are sure Christie will play his entire career at Minnesota. LMAO

"JOJ is a mystery player. Unless he is getting a pass at the bucket he is invisible out there. He is so athletic but seems to have no desire to play defense at all, or offense for that matter if he isn't getting the ball."

He doesn't know what his role is. He'd love to contribute. He doesn't know how to because he hasn't been given responsibilities other than running the baseline for dunks.
Could this be due to lack of adequate practice time from not making the CBI last year? :cool:

They get it down to 4 and Hawkins comes down, doesn't pass the ball, and takes a hero three pointer. Game turned after that.
Game turned in the first three minutes.

I know this talking point infuriates the CBJ apology crew - but he doesn't have a position. He needs to share the court with 3 people who are good with the ball in their hands (guards and wings). We can keep trotting out PFs as wings and it will keep being disastrous. It's why we can't create any spacing. It's why Ihnen completely disappears.

I don't care if it means having to play less talented players more minutes, if I were the coach, I would play 3 of Hawkins, Christie, Carringtin, and Mitchell at all times. I'd surround Payne, Garcia, Ihnen, and JOJ with guys who can shoot and dribble a bit.

I'm not sure any current gopher would.
So, you are just going to make stuff up in all your replies contradicting what you just said a minute ago?
My position to be clear: Ben was not qualified to be hired to be the Head Coach at a Big Ten school. He's been here 3 years too long.
I have no idea what players might stay and who might go based on a million things I don't have answers to. Does Christie have NIL money at Minnesota? Does he like the new coach's pitch to him? Will he bolt at first opportunity? Million things i don't know.
But you go back to making shit up and arguing with yourself.

Game turned in the first three minutes.
Well that was the "hard part" they got ahead of us so it was just hard, you know, trying to catch up the rest of the game. And then the other hard part was that we went out before the half with a foul to give and the guys didn't do it and then the the other real hard part was that we had 18 turnovers and the last hard part was that after getting it down to one they went on a run and we kind of broke down. So the whole thing was hard.

Ben

Well that was the "hard part" they got ahead of us so it was just hard, you know, trying to catch up the rest of the game. And then the other hard part was that we went out before the half with a foul to give and the guys didn't do it and then the the other real hard part was that we had 18 turnovers and the last hard part was that after getting it down to one they went on a run and we kind of broke down. So the whole thing was hard.

Ben
Is that a real quote or sarcasm? I can't tell.

Our guards were badly outplayed and we got very little from Ola-Joseph and Ihnen. We scored only 8 points in final 9+ minutes - not good.

Reminded me of UNLV game last year, where they had better ball handlers who could hit some shots and we think 'Hey, maybe they are better than we think and are tourney caliber team, but not really and we are just lousy.

Our guards were badly outplayed and we got very little from Ola-Joseph and Ihnen. We scored only 8 points in final 9+ minutes - not good.

Reminded me of UNLV game last year, where they had better ball handlers who could hit some shots and we think 'Hey, maybe they are better than we think and are tourney caliber team, but not really and we are just lousy.

Certainly possible. Have to hope that there will be improvements made or this could be another really ugly year.

Top Bottom