***OFFICIAL MINNESOTA AT PURDUE IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

Hawkins wtf, just set up our shooters?

They're a year away.
Was about to post the same thing. If they can keep this team in tact heading into next year look out. Going to come up short tonight but there is a lot to like about this team and where they are headed.

Tricky part is of course keeping the team together in this current era.

Huge fight tonight, first time in about 4 years that I have been impressed with the product on the floor

Hawkins is a Big Ten PG
Christie looks like a future pro, needs to be more confident with the handle
Garcia is a gamer, first game I have seen and actually seen why he was the high level recruit he was

I have been skeptical of this coaching staff but they had the boys prepared to play tonight

I like our team and the way we're playing. To be in these games is the first step. I think it's gonna be a fun end of the year for our boys. Hopefully we get more games to swing our way down the stretch.

Every game is winnable down the stretch with how we're playing. This group could make a BTT Run as well.

Gophers have to keep building on these quality games. They can't squander the good play or let these lessons go by unlearnt. If the team can continue to improve and grow they can be good, they should start winning more games from here on out. They can't fumble the bag against ok teams anymore, they have shown they are capable of more than that.

The program needs to elevate and not just take a game like this as an "Oh well" and forget they were ever in a position to knock off the number 2 team in the country.

Again it doesn’t matter but Edey bodied Hawkins and they won’t call it

Was about to post the same thing. If they can keep this team in tact heading into next year look out. Going to come up short tonight but there is a lot to like about this team and where they are headed.

Tricky part is of course keeping the team together in this current era.
Payne will improve, so will Christie. Hawkins will hopefully gain more poise at the end of games.

Maybe JOJ will add a shot.

Not into moral victories, but this is entertaining basketball! Improvement is coming, need better shot selection in some key situations. One more player will be helpful.

Not into moral victories, but this is entertaining basketball! Improvement is coming, need better shot selection in some key situations. One more player will be helpful.
I'd love to see us grab another player in the portal this year to move Mitchell onto the bench. I really think a more complete guard off the ball would be huge.

I like this team though.

There is a lot to like about this team.....Heck of an effort on the road against a really good team. Sucks to not come out on top but overall that was an impressive effort tonight and definitely gives reason for optimism about the future if the team stays together.

Key stats to the loss

Fouls: MN 21 Purdue 13
FT Attempts: MN 16 Purdue 32
(Some of MN fouls were really dumb on our part, some is the home cooking, some is top team, some is they know how to get to the line)
Rebounds MN 27 Purdue 44
Off Rebound MN 7 Purdue 17
MN only 2 Fast break points. Purdue only 7

I get Edey is good, but If at 7 ft 4 and 300 lbs and know I won't get over the back calls or 3 second violations....it really makes it a lot easier.

There is a lot to like about this team.....Heck of an effort on the road against a really good team. Sucks to not come out on top but overall that was an impressive effort tonight and definitely gives reason for optimism about the future if the team stays together.
Agree with u totally. That was about as good a first half as I have ever seen the Gophers play and I have been watching them since 1964. 1 turnover and 9 threes!

Key stats to the loss

Fouls: MN 21 Purdue 13
FT Attempts: MN 16 Purdue 32
(Some of MN fouls were really dumb on our part, some is the home cooking, some is top team, some is they know how to get to the line)
Rebounds MN 27 Purdue 44
Off Rebound MN 7 Purdue 17
MN only 2 Fast break points. Purdue only 7

I get Edey is good, but If at 7 ft 4 and 300 lbs and know I won't get over the back calls or 3 second violations....it really makes it a lot easier.
There were some back-breaking offensive boards we gave up. That was tough.

Like to know how many shot attempts Christie had in 1st half compared to 2nd half. He only ended up with 11 attempts. He needs to have more than that.

Top Bottom