***OFFICIAL MINNESOTA AT PURDUE IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

Like to know how many shot attempts Christie had in 1st half compared to 2nd half. He only ended up with 11 attempts. He needs to have more than that.
Purdue made a concerted effort to really shut Cam down in the second half. He had guys draped all over him everywhere he went on the court.

Purdue made a concerted effort to really shut Cam down in the second half. He had guys draped all over him everywhere he went on the court.
Still need to be able to counter and find ways to get your best players the opportunities.

Key stats to the loss

Fouls: MN 21 Purdue 13
FT Attempts: MN 16 Purdue 32
(Some of MN fouls were really dumb on our part, some is the home cooking, some is top team, some is they know how to get to the line)
Rebounds MN 27 Purdue 44
Off Rebound MN 7 Purdue 17
MN only 2 Fast break points. Purdue only 7

I get Edey is good, but If at 7 ft 4 and 300 lbs and know I won't get over the back calls or 3 second violations....it really makes it a lot easier.
I can't help but think how badly Rudy Gobert would chew Edey up.

I can't help but think how badly Rudy Gobert would chew Edey up.
Yeah, well Rudy isn't playing for the Gophers so give Edey his due for the league he is in.

I stand by the thought that if Ben can get Garcia to come back for one more year and keep the others, then this group will be in the Dance next season and in the top third of the B1G.

Biggest win tonight was CBJ finally getting the T! Been waiting for that a long time. I know announcers didn't like it but they were homers for Purdue and don't understand that calls all year. To me it showed some fight for his team.
I loved it - Live action I thought Edey fouled him as well. Not much on the replay but either way, I like it.

Just finished watching. Great effort in a tough matchup.
Purdue 100% has the bitchiest fans and players in the league. Edey and Smith are absolutely obnoxious.

I love the positivity I'm reading, but the sting of coming up short is strong.

Does anyone really think we can develop teams that actually win those games instead of come up short? I would consider things turned around if we have seasons, yes seasons, where we win the games that we almost let slip away.

It is like we finally figured out that we can drive to Disneyland, but keep missing the turnoff to get close. Someday we will actually be in Disneyland, but..... where is that turnoff?

Biggest win tonight was CBJ finally getting the T! Been waiting for that a long time. I know announcers didn't like it but they were homers for Purdue and don't understand that calls all year. To me it showed some fight for his team.

Johnson deserves credit for the way his team played tonight. I've been impressed by the way his team has improved throughout the year. But getting a technical in that spot is nothing to be applauded for in my opinion. It wasn't a foul and it switched the momentum. Bitching at referees doesn't lead to more calls.

Does anyone really think we can develop teams that actually win those games instead of come up short? I would consider things turned around if we have seasons, yes seasons, where we win the games that we almost let slip away.

It is like we finally figured out that we can drive to Disneyland, but keep missing the turnoff to get close. Someday we will actually be in Disneyland, but..... where is that turnoff?
I really think you need to be a part of those games before you learn how to win 'em. Someone mentioned this earlier, but next year is likely the year.

Maybe we can learn quickly and make some magic happen down the stretch of the season here.

They look like a tourney team. It’s too bad they lost some games early to stinkers like mizzou, SF and Ohio State. Also losing to Iowa was embarrassing they are flat out not good and we had their asses whooped sealed and delivered until the last 7 minutes of that game

Ps can’t stand Edey. Biggest, dopiest most annoying big guy ever

My first thought was Griswold's launching the car in the desert.

This

I’m not a moral victories person but no one can deny that we can physically match up with just about any team in the country. Purdue is a good team. We’ve been embarrassed much worse in that arena by much worse Purdue teams.

Btw - Eden’s problem in the NBA woukdnt be Gobert. If woukd be they would iso him on PNRs every single time down the court. He won’t be able to defend in space in the NBA at all. He really struggles with it in the college game too.

Yeah, well Rudy isn't playing for the Gophers so give Edey his due for the league he is in.

I stand by the thought that if Ben ^ can get Garcia to come back for one more year and keep the others, then this group will be in the Dance next season and in the top third of the B1G.
and Dinkytown Athletes

Ever think they may want to build on this? They have the talent to be a very good team next year! And they are not too bad this year!
Sure, you could well be right. We will of course see.

You don’t think it’s reasonable at all to worry about NIL tampering? Just asking. Scale of 1 to 10?

and Dinkytown Athletes
After transferring twice, and being in his home state, Garcia is the one I would think least likely to leave?

I’m thinking Christie. What NIL thieves aren’t salivating over a prospect like that?

After transferring twice, and being in his home state, Garcia is the one I would think least likely to leave?

I’m thinking Christie. What NIL thieves aren’t salivating over a prospect like that?
Agreed, but teams will come after both. And both are needed if you want a tourney team next year. Christie IMO, at some point leaves for greener pastures(especially if the Gophers don't win fairly big). I hope we can keep him for another year possibly 2 though!

The encouraging thing is the effort, it’s always there.
Edey is tall, large, and slow. That’s not his fault, but it will be a hinderance at the next level, which is evident by the fact he is still playing college ball.
The technical Ben took did nothing to change the outcome of the game. Purdue had the ball anyway, and the guy hit only one free throw, then Purdue got the ball back, which they had in the first place.
What finished off the Gophers was the missed layup, followed by 2 Payne missed free throws, followed by I think that run out? That’s a bad swing.

Top Bottom