***OFFICIAL MINNESOTA AT NORTHWESTERN IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

It was all planned. The Gophs didn't want to play NW back-to-back, so they tanked the game in order to face PSU in the 1st round of the B1G tournament.

Anyone still watching this is a true Gopher fan!
Was working on some work paperwork, but flipping back and forth to Live Stats up until :13 left in the game, when I flipped over hear to read the complaints. I think that sort-of makes me a true fan, doesn't it?

Trust me I get it. We could’ve had Niko with Thorson. But we had to make a diversity hire. It is what it is.
Ben has done a fine job. I won't go down that road. I simply wanted to see the young pups give it a go.

If only someone from the Gophers had gone to one of Suggs' games to express interest in recruiting him. 🥸

What is Bens problem with playing Thompson? He comes in, they go on am 8-0 run - agree he then took a stupid foul but then Ben sits him for the rest if the game. With zero presence down low I just done get why he doesn’t get more minutes

Our of high school. Ok.
This year? You are flat out wrong.
So you think guys who decide to transfer for their final year of college basketball and get the opportunity because of very unusual circumstances at Minnesota get a chance to play here ... were "recruited" to play Big Ten basketball?

No they were not. They were recruited to play mid major and low major college basketball and that is where they were until their final season.

Anybody with even a hint of brains knows that you recruit high school kids to play at your program. When in need of filling a spot short term you try to find someone in the portal to come over, usually for one season.

These portal transfers from lower-level conferences are in no way recruited to play Big Ten basketball.

What is Bens problem with playing Thompson? He comes in, they go on am 8-0 run - agree he then took a stupid foul but then Ben sits him for the rest if the game. With zero presence down low I just done get why he doesn’t get more minutes
I thought he had about 30 seconds-- immediate illegal screen, NW scores next possession and he was back out

Top Bottom