***OFFICIAL MINNESOTA AT IOWA BIG TEN OPENER IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

T

I agree that the University of Minnesota should have a better basketball team than this.
However, I didn’t expect this roster to be any better than what we’ve seen.

I expected better. All I heard was how big Carr would be for this team. That was from fans and from Pitino himself. He's horrendous! I did not expect this bad of suck. 50 against that Iowa defense. We are so bad, I can't even be pissed.

Last edited:

Carr makes no one around him better. Most of his shots are forced bad shots. Carr right is hard to watch and would be hard to play with.

I expected better. All I heard was how big Carr would be for this team. That was from fans and from Pitino himself. I did not expect this bad of suck.

Yes, how was he all freshman ACC? Pitt must have been awful; worse than this team.

The lack of energy in this game makes it feel like a high school JV game rather than a B1G game.
I have to think the student section will be empty against osu as kids opt to study for finals rather than watch this basketball team get crushed.
That's what disturbs me. My wife walks in the room and asks how it's going, and I say I can't believe the lack of energy and intensity for the conference opener. There were flashes, but I'd love to see how that game would've flowed if the Gophers had been more interested for more of the game.

The Christmas festival went off without a hitch. The business woman decided to quit her NY city job and stay in small town USA and live happily ever after with the man she met there. You could not have asked for a better ending. How did the game turn out?
Once, just once, I'd like to see them move to the BLC (big liberal city).

This was easily one of the 7-8 easiest conference games on the schedule. Iowa is not a good basketball team and lost a player to the draft early (Cook) and another to grad transfer (Moss) which left an already unathletic roster to be pretty hilariously unathletic. They gave up 100 to Michigan and probably will give up 100 a couple more times this year. The fact that the Gophers not only found a way to lose to them, but to get beat by 20 while only scoring in the 50's shows just how truly terrible this roster is. Richard Pitino has been an absolute disaster and like someone said in another thread I am pissed that we have to go through this season just to get rid of him. Nice guy, bad recruiter, never developed any sort of coherent style in his 7 years...combination leads to more popularity than he should have and really, really terrible results.

Pitino will be know as the coach who sunk this team to a century low mark twice.

Yes, 0-18 conference record in Carr's freshman year. Kind of speaks for itself.
Oh stop it you cant blame carr for that, but for some reason we ALWAYS shoot horrific on the road. Always 2 or 3 no shows. Never can win that way! NEVER!

Our 3 guards tonight 3 for 29. 10%. Nobody in nation the rest of year will do that. Amazing. I'm a pitino supporter, but I'm getting frustrated. Sooner or later too, some players other than oturu need to show up. Cant blame this on Pitino. They all have shown they can play! Let's get the job done! Ridiculous!

Oh stop it you cant blame carr for that, but for some reason we ALWAYS shoot horrific on the road. Always 2 or 3 no shows. Never can win that way! NEVER!
Actually teams have shot like that and won but they play lockdown defense, hold teams to under 50 occasionally and steal games regularly on poor shooting nights.

I agree, you can't blame Carr for the team record. But he is not as advertised. I wouldn't mind starting Greenlee and see what he can do. Can't really hurt.

I agree, you can't blame Carr for the team record. But he is not as advertised. I wouldn't mind starting Greenlee and see what he can do. Can't really hurt.
Hard to not start carr which he could score 25, but I definately cant disagree with you.

Hard to believe that division one bb players can not hit at least 1 out 3 open shots I think we will beat Iowa here but I dont see us winning any road games at all!

Carr is not a pass first guard, but at least he is contributing in other ways. Gabe looks terrible out there, and I don't just mean by his missed shots, they'll fall eventually. He is a non factor off the dribble, which he had last year, I won't go far as to say he's regressed, but I don't see any improvement for all this 'work' he put in this summer.

Ugg...effort was non-existent. Ihnen and Greenlee each played 1 minute. If that’s the run they’re going to get, why not redshirt? I’m assuming Greenlee will get a bit more play down the stretch being the backup PG. I know it’s not nearly as prevalent in basketball, but with Ihnen and Freeman needing some seasoning, why not redshirt them and help the next coach out a bit?

Not gonna happen. They all end up in Vermont eventually.
Fake News. The one on now the overworked businesswoman is in a small Colorado town 4 hours from Denver. Her car has broken down and she can't leave. I wonder what happens next?

Fake News. The one on now the overworked businesswoman is in a small Colorado town 4 hours from Denver. Her car has broken down and she can't leave. I wonder what happens next?
She’ll get that car fixed eventually...then it’s off to Vermont.

You keep doing it anyway- it is better than 8 traveling calls. Oturu was fantastic but he has to understand the situation, as Garza did. Passing it back out is his ally. Once the perimeter players start hitting then his game gets easier.
Rather have him 10/12 from the field with 8 travels than 3 for 29 with a couple turnovers...would be more likely to kick it out if the guys were not shooting like a bunch of blind men

man that game was ugly! I thought Carr was going to be a legit Big Ten PG but man he hasn't shown much so far.
Oturu and Demir were the only 2 guys worth a dang last night.
3-29 on FG's for the other 3 starters! :oops:

Greenlee would help this team a bit I would think, have Carr play off ball, minutes should start going to people that are productive on a given night.

This team lost their two best defenders in Coffey and Mcbrayer, that is really going to hurt in Big Ten play.

That game was a train wreck. Oturu scored well, but 8 turnovers...5 of them for traveling?? Guards shot the ball horrible and that is the understatement of the century. Demir looked like the best player on the floor for most of the game and that is sad. I am an RP supporter but he better get this team playing a bit harder and smarter or this will be his last season. (fyi - most of you were doing back flips for RP last year after we made the tourney....just saying)

Greenlee would help this team a bit I would think, have Carr play off ball, minutes should start going to people that are productive on a given night.

This team lost their two best defenders in Coffey and Mcbrayer, that is really going to hurt in Big Ten play.

there is no possible way Greenlee would help this team by starting....none

Top Bottom