***OFFICIAL MINNESOTA AT IOWA BIG TEN OPENER IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

Let us know if the overworked business-woman gets her man for Christmas....

Haha. Thanks for laught watching this disaster.

Not that it matters but this officiating crew is total dogschitt. I wouldn't gotten thrown out by now if I was in Lil' Ricky's shoes.

Live by the three, die by the three. Gophers have missed at least 7 open 3s. Those go down this game is way different. Unfortunately Iowa is hitting their open shots and the rest is history.

Williams gave us an immediate defensive boost compared to Gabe.

Other team's 4 stars as freshman - 11 pts, 5 rebs, 4 assists/gm - possess the intangibles

Our 4 stars as freshman, 3 min/gm - question if they will be contributors next year.

Last edited:

Oturu has to have at least 5 travels this game, don't think I've ever seen this many travel calls in a college game

I can barely pay attention to this. It's like 2006-2007 or 15-16 all over again.

Garza is like watch Happ. Good player

Which young players are we pining for? Freeman is not close to ready to play and I'm not sure Ihnen is either. I would like to see Tre Williams get more minutes. Beyond that? The future isn't that bright.

At least we'd get to see a different set of players playing badly. It's the Mae West philosophy: "When given the choice between two evils, I always pick the one I haven't tried before."

The lack of energy in this game makes it feel like a high school JV game rather than a B1G game.
I have to think the student section will be empty against osu as kids opt to study for finals rather than watch this basketball team get crushed.

Which young players are we pining for? Freeman is not close to ready to play and I'm not sure Ihnen is either. I would like to see Tre Williams get more minutes. Beyond that? The future isn't that bright.
This “highly touted” freshmen class adds absolutely no immediate help. People get all excited about the 4 stars next to their names when they’re really all projects.

At least we'd get to see a different set of players playing badly. It's the Mae West philosophy: "When given the choice between two evils, I always pick the one I haven't tried before."
I'm not sure watching Greenlee, Freeman and Ihnen lose by 35 is better than watching our starters lose by 20. If we had promising freshman who were going to be our core in 2 years, I'd agree. We have marginal role players at best.

1-19 by your two best scoring guards will not win you any games

We have marginal role players at best.

Yeah, but at least I might feel like cheering for them to do whatever the hell they could do in their few minutes.

Put Greenlee in and bench Carr for the rest of this game.

Serious brick laying tonight. Hard to see us winning many games in the Big.

Going to be awful hard for this team to win home conference games let alone a road conference game.

That was the first time I have ever heard someone say "that's a credit to Iowa's defense." My goodness Hubble, it ain't Iowa's defense that won them this game.

Going to be awful hard for this team to win home conference games let alone a road conference game.
Yep, this may be Pitino's "Monson Moment." This team quit tonight.

If anyone wants to gouge their eyes out, the timberwolves are now playing. Gawd, the hoops in this state. LULZ

Top Bottom