***OFFICIAL MINNESOTA AT IOWA BIG TEN OPENER IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

But "next year," this team will be really good, even without Oturu. :p

That's when we'll "turn the corner."

I can sadly see this team going 2-18. Absolute best case is 9-11. So realistically, 5-15 or 6-14 and 10-20 overall. No way Pitino survives that.

Yep, this may be Pitino's "Monson Moment." This team quit tonight.
I have to agree. No effort at all. Obviously Oturu was great in terms of shooting and on the boards but for Pitino to not be able to get Oturu to recognize that he has three guys and MUST pass it out...man that's bad. Also with the lack of effort being shown and we are obviously going to lose with less than 5 to go- clear the bench and let the bench guys show some effort for pete's sake. This was one of the worst coached games in the Pitino era. I can't stand that level of effort.

I can sadly see this team going 2-18. Absolute best case is 9-11. So realistically, 5-15 or 6-14 and 10-20 overall. No way Pitino survives that.

I think they'll probably do better than 2-18 but a 9-11 ceiling is too high.

7 to 1 assist to turnover ratio for Carr tonight..outstanding

Lets get ready for the conference opener boys, big game.....boys?....boys?

I have to agree. No effort at all. Obviously Oturu was great in terms of shooting and on the boards but for Pitino to not be able to get Oturu to recognize that he has three guys and MUST pass it out...man that's bad. Also with the lack of effort being shown and we are obviously going to lose with less than 5 to go- clear the bench and let the bench guys show some effort for pete's sake. This was one of the worst coached games in the Pitino era. I can't stand that level of effort.
Pass out to a guy who throws up a brick

I think they'll probably do better than 2-18 but a 9-11 ceiling is too high.
The only games I'd favor them in at this point are home games against NW and Nebraska. And Nebraska is the very last game. After they play NW on 1/5, they might have a VERY long wait for their next win.

The only games I'd favor them in at this point are home games against NW and Nebraska. And Nebraska is the very last game.

Well, that certainly is possible but I suspect they'll rise to the occasion in a couple of others. Remember that the horrible 15-16 team did beat Maryland who was a top conference team that year.

Well, that certainly is possible but I suspect they'll rise to the occasion in a couple of others
You'd hope. Our home court advantage will be mostly non-existent I'm afraid.

Pass out to a guy who throws up a brick
You keep doing it anyway- it is better than 8 traveling calls. Oturu was fantastic but he has to understand the situation, as Garza did. Passing it back out is his ally. Once the perimeter players start hitting then his game gets easier.

He shouldn’t survive that but the majority sentiment around here seems to be he needs more time.

Unfortunately for the majority the AD may not agree.

Let us know if the overworked business-woman gets her man for Christmas....
The Christmas festival went off without a hitch. The business woman decided to quit her NY city job and stay in small town USA and live happily ever after with the man she met there. You could not have asked for a better ending. How did the game turn out?

Well, that certainly is possible but I suspect they'll rise to the occasion in a couple of others. Remember that the horrible 15-16 team did beat Maryland who was a top conference team that year.
It's the only game from that season I remember. Blacked the rest out. I think we'll beat Wisconsin or something. Maryland or OSU? No chance.

The Christmas festival went off without a hitch. The business woman decided to quit her NY city job and stay in small town USA and live happily ever after with the man she met there. You could not have asked for a better ending. How did the game turn out?
It was more predictable than the movie.

Not nearly as good as your movie I'm sorry to say.

He shouldn’t survive that but the majority sentiment around here seems to be he needs more time.

I don't know that they're the majority (after all, how could they be?). I think they're just more vocal. The less frequent posters tend to be more negative.

4 or 5 big ten wins max, and not much to look forward to in the future but mediocre at best teams, this year has to be it for Pitino.

But "next year," this team will be really good, even without Oturu. :p

That's when we'll "turn the corner."
Yep - remember when the true believers were telling us we’d be better without Jordan Murphy because we would have better floor spacing.

Yep - remember when the true believers were telling us we’d be better without Jordan Murphy because we would have better floor spacing.

And Coffey was a ball hog. Addition by subtraction. Right??

They were below .500 in the big 10 with coffey and murphy

They will be below .500 this year.

does either one really matter over the other? The whole point is we should be better than this.

T
They were below .500 in the big 10 with coffey and murphy

They will be below .500 this year.

does either one really matter over the other? The whole point is we should be better than this.
I agree that the University of Minnesota should have a better basketball team than this.
However, I didn’t expect this roster to be any better than what we’ve seen.

Top Bottom