***OFFICIAL MINNESOTA AT ILLINOIS IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

We almost won a tough road game despite poor shooting. The refs took the chance away in the last 3 minutes.
They still needed to score. What makes you think they could do that? They get the ball on an inbounds with 35 seconds left and get surprised by full court pressure....leading to wasting 10 seconds getting the ball across mid court. Miss a three, but a free timeout while the refs reviewed an OB call after a missed, contested 3...and the best they could do was a contested off balance three from Ihnen.

They're poorly coached.

And offensively challenged.

That's the problem, not a call or two.

I'm indifferent to a mid-season coaching change at this point. They're playing hard if nothing else. But if they lose the next two before that break, the tournament hopes are close to dead. Wisconsin game is massive.

Agreed. They should have a pretty good chance to win any of the next five games. They need to go 3-2 minimum, but would be really nice to find a way to go 4-1 over that stretch.

Pitino needs to go is also accurate.

11-10 and yet another losing conference record.......can't shoot, no bench

Geezez!
I had to sign in for this. This is pathetic. Pitino is having his best year. Imagine a situation where Eric Curry doesn’t get hurt and Amir Coffey decides playing in front of 15 people isn’t fun. This team would be a top 10 team. Instead tonight you had Willis out and they still were in it at the end. I honestly thought going in they’d lose by 20. Super proud off the fight they had. And Pitino keeps fighting after being constantly screwed over.

They still needed to score. What makes you think they could do that? They get the ball on an inbounds with 35 seconds left and get surprised by full court pressure....leading to wasting 10 seconds getting the ball across mid court. Miss a three, but a free timeout while the refs reviewed an OB call after a missed, contested 3...and the best they could do was a contested off balance three from Ihnen.

They're poorly coached.

Have you watched much B1G basketball? Road games are always ugly sausage making. Illinois has one in a row because they play good defense.

I was far more discouraged by the offense on Sunday than tonight. I hope Williams stays in the line-up whether it's for Gabe or Willis.

Pitino needs to go is also accurate.

11-10 and yet another losing conference record.......can't shoot, no bench

Geezez!

Guess you'll be hoping they lose down the stretch so you don't look like a fool! At least you're becoming more transparent with your "fandom".

I had to sign in for this. This is pathetic. Pitino is having his best year. Imagine a situation where Eric Curry doesn’t get hurt and Amir Coffey decides playing in front of 15 people isn’t fun. This team would be a top 10 team. Instead tonight you had Willis out and they still were in it at the end. I honestly thought going in they’d lose by 20. Super proud off the fight they had. And Pitino keeps fighting after being constantly screwed over.
45-76 in the B10 is plenty of evidence......Tubby and Monson got fired with better records.

Little Richy needed to play more guys early in the season. Shooting is atrocious . they moved the 3 back this year, wondering if Gabe is struggling with that change.

No further proof needed that he needs to go.

I like our chances in all of the next 6 games. Good chance for 4 or 5 of 6 to get back in good shape.

Exactly who is constantly screwing over Pitino?
He can’t make Coffey stay or make Curry stay healthy. Are you saying those are his fault? He brought in some decent transfers to make up for that. They were supposed to be a bottom feeder this year and every time I watch them they surprise me in the amount of fight they have.

Hardly, you will not find a post of mine whining about poor calls no matter who i am watching or posting. Just do not believe in making excuses for anything.

Except for UVA and the Badgers when they're losing.

We would not be top 10 if all the other teams could bring back players that left early, did not have injuries.

He probably shot a few times too many, but did anybody see any egregious mistakes by Ihnen on defense or within the flow of the offense? I though he played pretty well tonight.

He can’t make Coffey stay or make Curry stay healthy. Are you saying those are his fault? He brought in some decent transfers to make up for that. They were supposed to be a bottom feeder this year and every time I watch them they surprise me in the amount of fight they have.
So in other words no one is constantly screwing over Pitino.

Those two statements seem in conflict, no?

I seem to remember one year Hoffarber really struggled from 3 and they attributed it to him adding muscle. I wonder if that has anything to do with Gabe’s struggles? In any event this team needs shooters so bad.

You do know this is year 7 right?

Except for UVA and the Badgers when they're losing.
Find one single post of mine ever complaining about officiating after a Badger loss or a UVA loss. UVA ones should be easy because they went 66-5 the last two seasons. This year they lost 6 and not ounce would i ever whine about officiating,suspensions, transfers etc..

He probably shot a few times too many, but did anybody see any egregious mistakes by Ihnen on defense or within the flow of the offense? I though he played pretty well tonight.
I think he should get to play more. He looked fine on the floor. I know lm in the minority but I also think Greenlee should be given minutes early in the game. I’m not expecting all world but he needs to play or Carr is going to be dead. Sorry but Willis is not a point guard.

They're poorly coached.

Coaching is not all about Offense. He coached a great Defensive game....cant deny it. Your pointing out 1 play. They missed open shots.. simple.

Top Bottom