***OFFICIAL MICHIGAN ST AT MINNESOTA, WILLIE JERSEY RETIREMENT DAY IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

That's the issue... with Illinois coming up I thought this would be an important game to win. And I thought this was winnable. It's one thing to lose at home to a good opponent, but really no reason to get embarrassed on your home floor.
The game was about shot making. We played fine on defense until Oturu got his 4th foul and then we had nothing to stop them from going inside. This was not an embarrassment in terms of effort at all, it was simply really bad shooting. Tons of wide open shots in the first half, clank, clank, clank and that took the energy out of the building as well. We have three guys who are just really struggling with shooting confidence in Demir, Willis and Gabe. Yeah, Gabe was 3-9 which is okay, but with those looks, it has to be better.

Start over somewhere else.

Mediocre post........from an acceptor of mediocrity!

How about RP starts over somewhere else? I win, you win, and the gophers win.

Don't you like to win?

The game was about shot making. We played fine on defense until Oturu got his 4th foul and then we had nothing to stop them from going inside. This was not an embarrassment in terms of effort at all, it was simply really bad shooting. Tons of wide open shots in the first half, clank, clank, clank and that took the energy out of the building as well. We have three guys who are just really struggling with shooting confidence in Demir, Willis and Gabe. Yeah, Gabe was 3-9 which is okay, but with those looks, it has to be better.
Why all the empty seats.

I don't know, maybe I should sound more happy in this thread since I'm cheering for them to lose. Do I sound happy, WriterGoph?

You need help, sir!

We made the tourney with a 9-11 big 10 record last year. Now that was impressive. 64 bleeping teams make the tourney. We should make it every single year.

I generally agree in spirit but you are unrealistic if you expect this program to make the NCAA tournament every year. Go back over the last 10 years and count the number of programs that made the NCAA tournament in all of those years. That's a very short list. Even 8 of the last 10 years is not a very long list.

I generally agree in spirit but you are unrealistic if you expect this program to make the NCAA tournament every year. Go back over the last 10 years and count the number of programs that made the NCAA tournament in all of those years. That's a very short list. Even 8 of the last 10 years is not a very long list.

How many years has bucky made it? 9 out of 10? Ok we should make it 9 out of 10 then.

And when making it, wouldn't you rather beat an MTSU and actually compete in your 2nd game.

We won a game so all is good is funny to me.

This program is stagnant, mediocre, and needs a change.

Last edited:

Who on our roster is going to get much better? I don't see much room for improvement for most of them.

Also, if Oturu leaves, who the hell mans the middle? Omersa or Martice Mitchell I guess. We'll be a schit show if Oturu leaves.
Well, since they are basically all sophomores and freshmen, I'll say all of them. But maybe you have a better ability to predict the future for college players than I.

Well, since they are basically all sophomores and freshmen, I'll say all of them. But maybe you have a better ability to predict the future for college players than I.

Well, Oturu improved a lot, but he has the tools.

Kalscheur has fallen back, Hurt got no better. We have a lot of guys who are very limited. Carr can't get much better. It will be very slight if they do. Can't you kind of tell? Even if they do, I'm assuming all the other big 10 teams will have players that do.

Outside of Oturu and Carr, we have very little big 10 talent.

Don't you like to win?
I do. I have probably had season tickets for 40 years of my life now. You?

Look over at Nebraska and Michigan if you think that making a transition is going to be fun. I think Pitino is close here. Not as good as I want it, but he has as much potential as coach X that you are looking for next. Maybe not, maybe the next guy will be great. Or maybe Pitino will gain momentum. You don't know I don't know, nobody knows. What I do know is it is the middle of the season, we still are in the middle of the Big Ten pack with a decent crack at a third NCAA in 4 years.

As for me I will be on here rooting FOR the Gophers every game. You make your presence known when we lose. I think you are a troll. Good luck to you.

Don't you like to win?
I can maybe understand what you're saying, but it's still hard for me to understand how a true fan would advocate for the firing of a coach in the middle of the conference season when the team is 2.5 games out of 1st place. That seems crazy. To each his own, I guess.

How can Omersa be in the program for 2 years and not have any offensive skills? Sorry but that’s coaching - on the recruiting end. At one time, everyone wrote that he earns his scholarship on the defensive end. Sorry, I guess I missed that today.

Well, Oturu improved a lot, but he has the tools.

Kalscheur has fallen back, Hurt got no better. We have a lot of guys who are very limited. Carr can't get much better. It will be very slight if they do. Can't you kind of tell? Even if they do, I'm assuming all the other big 10 teams will have players that do.

Outside of Oturu and Carr, we have very little big 10 talent.

The sophomore slump is a thing, Kalscheur is not the first player to go through it. I still remember Hoffarber's.

You say you can tell none of them can get better. I'm no coach, so can you enlighten me why?

I can maybe understand what you're saying, but it's still hard for me to understand how a true fan would advocate for the firing of a coach in the middle of the conference season when the team is 2.5 games out of 1st place. That seems crazy. To each his own, I guess.

You can't seriously think I'm saying can him today?

The sophomore slump is a thing, Kalscheur is not the first player to go through it. I still remember Hoffarber's.

You say you can tell none of them can get better. I'm no coach, so can you enlighten me why?
Pitino should be coach of the year then since the Gophers have 5 B1G wins with only 2 B1G players.

Have you seen some of these other teams?

I can't see the other three starting for very many other teams. If they would, shouldn't we be winning the big 10 with the Carr and Oturu seasons?

Have you seen some of these other teams?

I can't see the other three starting for very many other teams. If they would, shouldn't we be winning the big 10 with the Carr and Oturu seasons?

So no B1G team has more than 2 B1G quality players? And I thought the ACC was bad!

So no B1G team has more than 2 B1G quality players? And I thought the ACC was bad!

Name the ones after Oturu and Carr.

Here are some names to choose from: Kalscheur, willis, hurt, ilhen, conroy, freeman, greenlee, omersa, williams, rudrud

Last edited:

Who's asking for every year? 2 in 7 years is unacceptable.

I'm not sure why we're talking about it, then.

Never too early. In talking about it last year, it never happened. So we are screwed for even longer.

Think of it like talking about how much better the current players are going to get.

Just looking ahead.

Who's asking for every year? 2 in 7 years is unacceptable.
Is this year over? Did I miss February or are you just quitting like you do every game that we fall behind?

Is this year over? Did I miss February or are you just quitting like you do every game that we fall behind?

I'd say it's over for any expectations. We could sneak in, and do basically nothing yet again.

YES, SUCCESS!

All I said was 2 in 7 years is unacceptable. Quit reading more into it. As I said earlier in this thread, the Wisconsin game is huge now. Win that and we're back on track.

How can Omersa be in the program for 2 years and not have any offensive skills? Sorry but that’s coaching - on the recruiting end. At one time, everyone wrote that he earns his scholarship on the defensive end. Sorry, I guess I missed that today.
If Oturu & Demir could play better defense, Omersa wouldnt be in the game. Look at Oturu's record last year regarding foul trouble. Oturu spent very little time guarding Tillman because that is where his game still needs to develop.

Top Bottom