***OFFICIAL MICHIGAN ST AT MINNESOTA, WILLIE JERSEY RETIREMENT DAY IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

Stan

Reaction score
Back at The Barn after a big road win. And here comes Izzo and the Spartans. It will be an emotional day with Willie’s retirement ceremony. This is a huge game.

Huge.

GET ‘ER DONE PITINO!!!!!!!

This would be a great game to pick up in regards to making the tournament. The team can do themselves a big favor with a win tomorrow!

This would be a great game to pick up in regards to making the tournament. The team can do themselves a big favor with a win tomorrow!
I have a good feeling about tomorrow. Willie burton's Jersey being retired etc. No reason to not be up for this game. Win this game and ncaa birth looks likely as long as we play decent down stretch.

Time to backhand Sparty and pad our tournament resume with a big win. Keeping MSU off the boards and getting some efficient shooting out of Kalscheur and Willis will be key in securing a W.

Go Gophers!

Current Gopher rankings:

NET: #39 (still waiting for Sunday update)

KPI (Kevin Pauga): #46

Haslametrics (Erik Halslam): #20

Really big game. We know that little oompa loompa of a coach on the other side will be whining, and berating the officials all game. Yet never gets a T. So excited for Willie - couldn't be more deserving of this day. I hope the crowd and team feeds off it and sends Sparty home with a big L.

Does anybody know what time the Willie festivities kick-off? Did a quick Google search and couldn't seem to find a conclusive answer. I appreciate it and look forward to losing my voice with you all!

Does anybody know what time the Willie festivities kick-off? Did a quick Google search and couldn't seem to find a conclusive answer. I appreciate it and look forward to losing my voice with you all!
Signing autographs an hour before game outside Section 103. Halftime ceremony roughly would be between 2:45-3 pm.

Driving back from Sioux Falls today. Had to sell my tickets. Will be listening to the soothing sounds of Mike Grimm the entire way home.

Please win!!!!

Time to backhand Sparty and pad our tournament resume with a big win. Keeping MSU off the boards and getting some efficient shooting out of Kalscheur and Willis will be key in securing a W.

Go Gophers!

Defending Winston be important, have to figure out a way to keep Carr out of foul trouble.

Such a huge game. Need to play hard for all 40 min. Oturu and Carr HAVE to stay out of foul trouble.

Go Gophers!!!

Would love to see Gabe Light it up today. We need this W. So happy they are having this ceremony for Willie. I loved watching him play.

Tried to get tix to no avail, priced out of the game ?‍♂️ guess I’ll try to watch at home

Tried to get tix to no avail, priced out of the game ?‍♂️ guess I’ll try to watch at home
“I want a great team with a great fan base and cheap tickets and if I don’t get that I’ll complain”

“I want a great team with a great fan base and cheap tickets and if I don’t get that I’ll complain”

“I think fans should pay $100+ for a bench seat in the upper deck for an 11-8 team and pretend like it’s the 1997 team”

sorry bro, you failed

“I think fans should pay $100+ for a bench seat in the upper deck for an 11-8 team and pretend like it’s the 1997 team”

sorry bro, you failed

People obviously understand the context of that 11-8 record and that its a huge game. We have a chance to move into the top 4-5 in the Big Ten with a win today.

Driving back from Sioux Falls today. Had to sell my tickets. Will be listening to the soothing sounds of Mike Grimm the entire way home.

Please win!!!!
Going to miss the first 10 minutes, family emergency. gophers win 77-70

Michigan state jumped out with a lot of energy when we played them at home (they had lost the prior game ) we need to match that energy and everyone needs to hit he boards. Xavier Tillman was especially difficult to handle at start of game.

man I know Kobe didn't have a college basketball career but this news breaking right before the game is going to be surreal... the broadcast is going to have to address it..

Izzo bitching at the ref already. Shut up cheating loser.

I wonder if the whiny Izzo is going to get every call today.

Common kalshaur Omersa same mistake as last game with guy stealing from behind

Top Bottom