***OFFICIAL MICHIGAN ST AT MINNESOTA, WILLIE JERSEY RETIREMENT DAY IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

Biggest home loss of the entire conference season. What a face plant.

There's no reason this roster should shoot 30%. They're shooting so poorly because they're taking bad shots.
I disagree. They had quite a few shots around the rim and quite a few open 3-pointers (especially in the 1st half). Oh well...on to the next one.

The entire season now hangs on the Wisconsin game.

Team really needs Demir to make open jump shots. He seems capable.

Tre Williams also needs more PT. I've watched enough of Willis to know he's never going to be a knock down shooter. His quirky shot allows for a lot of in and outs

Team really needs Demir to make open jump shots. He seems capable.

Tre Williams also needs more PT. I've watched enough of Willis to know he's never going to be a knock down shooter. His quirky shot allows for a lot of in and outs
I'm not sure it's a coincidence that our two best offensive games were OSU and OK State when Williams had to play a lot. He may not score a ton himself, but the offense flows better. And he's a better defender.

I'm also really annoyed with the interior defense. Michigan State really showed omseras weaknesses today

What a tough game to watch, like many games vs MSU. MSU is more talented and better coached. We got outplayed. And Izzo owns the refs like he does the administration of MSU. He's a shady little fella.

This was a big fat egg.
Embarrassing to have this happen in on the day we are retiring Willies jersey. Should have let Clem coach the second half. No way all of the easy MSU buckets would have been allowed.

but then again, that’s the difference between working for something (Clem), and being handed it (Richard)

I disagree. They had quite a few shots around the rim and quite a few open 3-pointers (especially in the 1st half). Oh well...on to the next one.
Open 3s are only good shots when you can hit them. Gabe and Carr are the only guys who could ever hit them consistently enough to be considered good shots and neither have been hitting them recently.

If the shot clock is almost out or if the defense is entirely focused on the paint and completely giving up the 3 point line that's one thing but those were rarely true.

Treating open 3 point shots as good shots is part of why they did poorly and have done poorly many games this season. Especially for anyone but Gabe and Carr.

I wouldn't call anyone who only "shows up for turds" a great fan. You said it yourself.

Where are we at as a program? Don't run and hide either.

I've had plenty of chances for turd games. I've been pretty calm.

Where are we at as a program? Don't run and hide either.

On pace to make our 3rd tourney in 4 years. If not, I'll have an opinion after this season is over. But I'm sure as shit not gonna be a rat (like you) who only pops his head out during losses yet claims to be a "great fan".

Nobody who supports a program actually cheers for them to lose during a competitive season. There is no debating that fact.

On pace to make our 3rd tourney in 4 years. If not, I'll have an opinion after this season is over. But I'm sure as shit not gonna be a rat (like you) who only pops his head out during losses yet claims to be a "great fan".

Nobody who supports a program actually cheers for them to lose during a competitive season. There is no debating that fact.

I don't know, maybe I should sound more happy in this thread since I'm cheering for them to lose. Do I sound happy, WriterGoph?

You need help, sir!

We made the tourney with a 9-11 big 10 record last year. Now that was impressive. 64 bleeping teams make the tourney. We should make it every single year.

I didnt look at the stats and am not saying he was the only issue today but man Willis needs to play less. I just never see him out there and think, wow hes doing something productive! Cant we try Ihnen, Williams heck maybe even Hurt some?

I don't know, maybe I should sound more happy in this thread since I'm cheering for them to lose. Do I sound happy, WriterGoph?

You need help, sir!

We made the tourney with a 9-11 big 10 record last year. Now that was impressive. 64 bleeping teams make the tourney. We should make it every single year.

And we won a game in the tourney in convincing fashion against a very good program. I'll take winning NCAA tourney games over a winning record in the conference every year hands down

Pitino has a worse B10 record than Tubby and Monson, who both got canned.....His days should be numbered if they miss the tourney.

Pitino has a worse B10 record than Tubby and Monson, who both got canned.....His days should be numbered if they miss the tourney.

Not arguing that. But considering we're in the middle of the season and right in the mix, don't you think you should maybe wait until the end of the season to say I told you so?

And we won a game in the tourney in convincing fashion against a very good program. I'll take winning NCAA tourney games over a winning record in the conference every year hands down

What about making a run in the tourney? So we won the one game and got run out of dodge the next game.

Maybe that's the ceiling here.

Not arguing that. But considering we're in the middle of the season and right in the mix, don't you think you should maybe wait until the end of the season to say I told you so?

Ok, they barely squeak in.

Ya, so what? They should still start over.

Are you watching the games?

Doesn't it sometimes seem like we have 2 big 10 players on the floor?

Totally acceptable, that is your standard. What about one winning conference season and one NCAA win in 6 years ? Just asking for your opinion. Very likely that if we string together a bunch, lets say five straight winning conference records we would win more than one NCAA game !

Ok, they barely squeak in.

Ya, so what? They should still start over.

Are you watching the games?

Doesn't it sometimes seem like we have 2 big 10 players on the floor?
I think we are better than you think we are. No big deal. Everyone has their own take.

What about making a run in the tourney? So we won the one game and got run out of dodge the next game.

Maybe that's the ceiling here.
Not the ceiling at all given how young the roster is and the recruits we have committed.

That said, winning a game in the NCAA tourney is a better position than this program has been in for over 20 years.

Totally acceptable, that is your standard. What about one winning conference season and one NCAA win in 6 years ? Just asking for your opinion. Very likely that if we string together a bunch, lets say five straight winning conference records we would win more than one NCAA game !

Im not saying its my ceiling or goal at all. I'm pointing out that this poster is highlighting a losing Conference record when for the first time in years we won a tournament game. That was the story of last year, not that we went 9-11 in conference.

Not the ceiling at all given how young the roster is and the recruits we have committed.

That said, winning a game in the NCAA tourney is a better position than this program has been in for over 20 years.

Who on our roster is going to get much better? I don't see much room for improvement for most of them.

Also, if Oturu leaves, who the hell mans the middle? Omersa or Martice Mitchell I guess. We'll be a schit show if Oturu leaves.

Last edited:

Im not saying its my ceiling or goal at all. I'm pointing out that this poster is highlighting a losing Conference record when for the first time in years we won a tournament game. That was the story of last year, not that we went 9-11 in conference.
Actually, for me is both. Thanks for clarifying for me what you were saying,

I'm hi-lighting a 7 year record and complete mediocrity at best. I'm seeing mediocrity again this year and am pissed at the complete mediocrity today.

I've just got to condition my mind to accept the mediocrity.

Other than Oturu(who will not be back next year) and Carr, there is very little talent on this team....Willis and Gabe are streaky shooters and Omersa should not be playing on a competitive power 5 team....The freshman could be ok....Not enough to fight for a B10 championship however.

Last edited:

Top Bottom