***OFFICIAL MICHIGAN AT MINNESOTA LITTLE BROWN JUG IN-GAME THREAD - SATURDAY NIGHT PRIME TIME UNDER THE LIGHTS!!!***

The Gophers lost this game in June

The timid coaching decisions are frustrating in the heat of the moment, but there's only so much you can do when you are losing the line of scrimmage badly on both sides of the ball and your receivers can't get separation in the limited time your QB has to throw.

The much bigger problem in Gopher football is a series of recruiting classes in the 40s that have not capitalized on the program's recent success. Even Jerry Kill and Tim Brewster did better. For a coach who's supposed to be a young hip guy to sell the program, it's not working.

Whether that's historical inertia, NIL, or poor recruiting approach, the Gophers are recruiting like a bottom tier Big Ten team and are getting a bottom tier result.

Perfect clock management and play calling can't fix that.

Haven't seen us get an ass kicking like this in a long while...Was pretty normal when I started watching back in 2010. Forgot what that felt like.
Not 1 year ago they were beat 45-17 by Penn state.

The Gophers lost this game in June

The timid coaching decisions are frustrating in the heat of the moment, but there's only so much you can do when you are losing the line of scrimmage badly on both sides of the ball and your receivers can't get separation in the limited time your QB has to throw.

The much bigger problem in Gopher football is a series of recruiting classes in the 40s that have not capitalized on the program's recent success. Even Jerry Kill and Tim Brewster did better. For a coach who's supposed to be a young hip guy to sell the program, it's not working.

Whether that's historical inertia, NIL, or poor recruiting approach, the Gophers are recruiting like a bottom tier Big Ten team and are getting a bottom tier result.

Perfect clock management and play calling can't fix that.
It requires creative thinking and we don't have it. You cannot out Michigan Michigan.

I love that as ugly as this is there are still PJ boys who love this shit, Row the Boat! Row the Boat! Love it boys! I know you so lust for that man regardless of the ugliness, Johnnyboy? I know you boys are all out there.

It is unfortunate that the Gophers are playing MI before the Iowa game. They are worn down playing against a team with deep talent.

The Gophers may be looking at 5th place in the final Big Ten West season.

Kaliakmanis is getting his nose rubbed in it...
A few games back PJ was being an Athan apologist and was talking about how Athan still didn't have a ton of experience because of his injuries in his HS junior and senior years, unlike Tanner who had a lot more snaps in HS and was much more ready to play. That said, I place a lot of the blame on PJ for the current scenario because if you understood that then you absolutely needed a backup plan (portal QB) in case he didn't pan out. Unless he thought Athan's psyche couldn't take it, but that says a lot because if you brought someone in I would hope that he would step up and fight for his starting role. It is obvious now that Kramer was never a serious option to start.

Guys with only 2 or 3 stickers on their helmet are kicking our ass. Oy!

One last chance for AK to put it in the air. Otherwise get the backup some reps.

It is unfortunate that the Gophers are playing MI before the Iowa game. They are worn down playing against a team with deep talent.

The Gophers may be looking at 5th place in the final Big Ten West season.
Next week is a bye week while Iowa plays Wisconsin on the road. Lots of time to rest up before Iowa game.

It requires creative thinking and we don't have it. You cannot out Michigan Michigan.
The Gophers have "out-Michiganed" Michigan and won before.

This game was so lopsided no amount of creative thinking could overcome the talent gap.

A few games back PJ was being an Athan apologist and was talking about how Athan still didn't have a ton of experience because of his injuries in his HS junior and senior years, unlike Tanner who had a lot more snaps in HS and was much more ready to play. That said, I place a lot of the blame on PJ for the current scenario because if you understood that then you absolutely needed a backup plan (portal QB) in case he didn't pan out. Unless he thought Athan's psyche couldn't take it, but that says a lot because if you brought someone in I would hope that he would step up and fight for his starting role. It is obvious now that Kramer was never a serious option to start.
I look at us like Iowa and Wisconsin on offense. They can't throw the ball either. They haven't for years. Iowa is covered by a much better defense.

Mertz leaves and is looking great.

None of these teams have any talent at the receiver positions. NONE, ZERO

It's not that all these qb' s are brutal. it's that they are not getting receiver open. throws have to be perfect.

I look at us like Iowa and Wisconsin on offense. They can't throw the ball either. They haven't for years. Iowa is covered by a much better defense.

Mertz leaves and is looking great.

None of these teams have any talent at the receiver positions. NONE, ZERO

It's not that all these qb' s are brutal. it's that they are not getting receiver open. throws have to be perfect.
The Big Ten West is an absolute sewer. There might be a chance for a winning streak because someone has to win the games.

Northwestern almost lost at home to Howard today.

The Gophers lost to Northwestern.

PJ Fleck and the Gophers are doomed if they don’t recruit at a higher level.

Nebraska, Purdue, Nebraska, and Wisconsin all have improved. Iowa has always been tough.

AK is not as bad as he looked tonight. It is hard to look good when you are under constant pressure. Gopher fans get their hopes up by beating Louisiana. Clubbing a baby seal isn’t the same as facing a polar bear with a club. The polar bear will devour you, spit you out, and use your club as a toothpick. That’s what happened to the Gophers tonight.

PJ Fleck and the Gophers are doomed if they don’t recruit at a higher level.

Nebraska, Purdue, Nebraska, and Wisconsin all have improved. Iowa has always been tough.
Nebraska, Purdue, Wisconsin and the Gophers can all battle for 6th or 7th place from now on.

It should be a real nail bitter.

Top Bottom