***OFFICIAL MICHIGAN AT MINNESOTA LITTLE BROWN JUG IN-GAME THREAD - SATURDAY NIGHT PRIME TIME UNDER THE LIGHTS!!!***

Michigan 2nd-3rd string still running through the Gophers D.
I mean, the teamis defeated. Hard to keep giving it your all when defeated. Michigan did its job.

Sorry I am really mad about this disgusting disaster but Flecks new not pretty wife has been a detriment since he left his pretty first wife. Things have not gone well since he went with the latest "gal." I know he prominently puts her out there after a win, but doesn't anyone else miss the pretty one?

AK is not as bad as he looked tonight. It is hard to look good when you are under constant pressure. Gopher fans get their hopes up by beating Louisiana. Clubbing a baby seal isn’t the same as facing a polar bear with a club. The polar bear will devour you, spit you out, and use your club as a toothpick. That’s what happened to the Gophers tonight.
AK is as bad as he looked tonight.

Doesn’t mean at some point he won’t be a decent QB but as of right now he is that bad.

AK is not as bad as he looked tonight. It is hard to look good when you are under constant pressure. Gopher fans get their hopes up by beating Louisiana. Clubbing a baby seal isn’t the same as facing a polar bear with a club. The polar bear will devour you, spit you out, and use your club as a toothpick. That’s what happened to the Gophers tonight.
We were losing at the half against Louisiana.

AK is as bad as he looked tonight.

Doesn’t mean at some point he won’t be a decent QB but as of right now he is that bad.
Need a transfer QB next year. Also our entire secondary

During the game I flipped over to ND & Louisville and Brohm is about to topple ND and go 6-0 in year one and needed to pull in 25 players from the portal to fill out the roster. Yet he is likely to be ranked in the mid-teens next week. I guess I say that to contrast where we are at in year 7.

During the game I flipped over to ND & Louisville and Brohm is about to topple ND and go 6-0 in year one and needed to pull in 25 players from the portal to fill out the roster. Yet he is likely to be ranked in the mid-teens next week. I guess I say that to contrast where we are at in year 7.
Brohm walked into a bunch of talent.

This aint' rocket science.

The gophers don't have it.

Need a transfer QB next year. Also our entire secondary
Need transfer receivers. Who the hell would come to this shit show, though.

In fact, what recruit would want to come here to play receiver.

We are so severely screwed, it's just mind boggling.

Hey, on the bright side, Athan threw 3 touchdowns.

Why is it that AK has done worse than a bunch of G5, FCS, and backup QBs against the best teams on the schedule? If the Gophers had to go to their backup QB, they might not win another game.

Corey Crooms led Western Michigan in receiving against Michigan as a sophomore, with a 4-48-1 line. Tonight he didn't even record a catch. His WMU line was almost equal to the entire Gopher passing output vs Michigan. Sean Tyler also went for over 5 YPC against 2021 Michigan.

I know we don't have all the NIL advantages, but it's starting to smell like the Gophers are doing less with more.

I'm sorry, but I think any transfer qb has the same numbers.
Umm, maybe but the NC game and this one as bad of QBing as I’ve seen. The kid needs to sit down for the rest of the year but we have no other options.

Brohm walked into a bunch of talent.

This aint' rocket science.

The gophers don't have it.

I can't totally agree with that as I think it says more about coaching. These are Louisville's last three recruiting classes:
  • 2023 - Rank 31st
  • 2022 - Rank 50th (below MN)
  • 2021 - Rank 40th (below MN)
I'm not saying they don't have talent, but not much more based on recruiting.

I can't totally agree with that as I think it says more about coaching. These are Louisville's last three recruiting classes:
  • 2023 - Rank 31st
Louisville brought in 23 transfers. Minnesota also brought in transfers but gets far less out of them than their prior schools did.

Not a great showing for a prime time game. Michigan is the real deal though
Michigan is a very good team. Playing a team that ran exactly one play tonight that showed we were interested in winning (the TD before the half) does nothing to prove how legitimate Michigan is.

lol....there are 2 teams in the current Big Ten that can recruit at the same level as Michigan....it isn't a Fleck issue....no Gopher coach can recruit at the same level of Michigan because we don't have the local talent base and all the other neccessary components to recruit at that level.

Nearly every team in the conference is going to be at a talent disadvantage when they play Michigan, Ohio State, and Penn State. They have to find a way to overcome it and get the W which of course is easier said than done.
We should certainly be recruiting better than the bottom 3rd of the Big 10, but that's where Flecks recruiting classes are.

• 2023 - Rank 31st
Yeah. So much talent they brought in 25 transfers.

After 7 years the Gophers have regressed or the rest of the league has gotten better. Either way things will have to change before it gets better. Last year I suggested that the gophs gamble on a new coach as the future B10 was going to get a lot tougher. I even suggested a run at Luke Fickell b4 Wisconsin did. I was derided and called a Badger plant. Many on this board proclaimed that AK would be a Heisman candidate, Fleck was better coach than Fickell, and this year would be the year that Minnesota would win the west. Do any of you think this will still happen? Players coming out of high school are a lot more sophisticated today. The row your boat meme is worn out and the boat is sinking. Time for a change?

Top Bottom