***OFFICIAL MICHIGAN AT MINNESOTA IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

Really? He's extremely annoying. Maybe he's better in games where the Gophers aren't playing....because he's always had a hatred for the Gophers and it is really apparent when he calls our games.
I still turn those off. I’d rather find something else to do than listen to him on his soapbox. Same with Bilas. I just can’t tube those two out.

Really? He's extremely annoying. Maybe he's better in games where the Gophers aren't playing....because he's always had a hatred for the Gophers and it is really apparent when he calls our games.

I realize that isn't a popular opinion but I don't find him as annoying as others do. I'm also a fan of most of the announcers on the Big Ten network. Hummel has been good this year.

It wasn't. The ball crossed half court. Bad call
I believe the ball and both feet have to cross the 10 second line. While it was close it appeared to me on the replay that possession was established in the the front court before the ball was knocked away and if that was the case it should not have been a 10 second violation.

Best defensive effort, execution and physicality in a game since the 1997 team. It also helped that the refs let both teams play.

MI is due to have a bad game. And our best game is still out there.

Guess what? Like others, I though it could be our day.

IMO, that was one of the best overall performance I have seen from a Pitino coached team. The team seemed ready to go right off the tip off while Michigan was late getting off the bus. Michigan was not on their game and looked like a totally different team. But give the Gophers a lot of credit as their D kept MI off balance and we forced a lot of their TO's. This was the most active the Gophers were with their hands all season. Well done.

Robbins was on a mission after Dickinson owned him at MI. Johnson and Curry both had their best games and Gabe did it all. He pretty much took Wagner out of the game. Carr was Carr and there were times when he hurt the team, but had some great assists and most of the time did a good job of getting others involved.

Now RP has to get the guys focused for NE on the road. Which team will show up? RP has to get the guys to take this Michigan game with them to Lincoln.

I believe the ball and both feet have to cross the 10 second line. While it was close it appeared to me on the replay that possession was established in the the front court before the ball was knocked away and if that was the case it should not have been a 10 second violation.
If that's the rule, then you are correct. The ball was over the half court line, but Carr's feet weren't. My bad.

jock itch is still pouting about Hoffarber beating his hoosiers.

I am a big believer in less is more for announcers. Really dislike Dakich who thinks he is the show. It feels like the game is secondary to his voice that never pauses. Contrast with Hummel who will say interesting things without taking over the game. Let the game breathe!

Last edited:

I am a big believer in less is more for announcers. Really dislike Dakich who thinks he is the show. It feels like the game is secondary to his voice that never pauses. Contrast with Hummel who will say interesting things without taking over the game.

This is exactly it. A singular comment of his may be fine but it is the endless stream of comments that annoy listeners.

This is exactly it. A singular comment of his may be fine but it is the endless stream of comments that annoy listeners.

Yep, I wonder if he has developed the ability to hold his breath for 2 hours so he can fill those 120 minutes with as many words as possible.

He showed plenty of love today. I don't care enough about him to be upset by anything he says.
Yeah, I streamed the radio call and synced it up. Best option IMO.

Unless it’s a local team playing, Dakich, Gus Johnson, Bill Walton among others get moved to a muted TV and I’ll just have a different game on my main TV.

Apparently Dakich is under the misguided impression that someone has to be talking every second of the game. Just shut the hell up, please.
Lol very true. Wife sat down to watch a bit of the game and says "this announcer talks alot for an announcer" , couldn't have said it better myself. I get its literally his job to talk about the game but man just let it breathe once in a while.

Can we petition to the NCAA to have all tournament games at home?
I think we just have to convince our team that it's Minneapolis not Indianapolis (hypnosis or whatever).

Anyone care if I refer to Robbins as Agent 0 on the board?

Great win! Loved the defensive effort today and in many of the games this year. Hoping the team can take care of business over the next stretch.

Lol very true. Wife sat down to watch a bit of the game and says "this announcer talks alot for an announcer" , couldn't have said it better myself. I get its literally his job to talk about the game but man just let it breathe once in a while.

Dakich has a great b-ball mind, but he's too opinionated and too critical of individual players (though most of what he says as a strong element of truth). We all know Carr tries to do too much (at times) and takes bad shots (at times), but what Dakich fails to understand is that this mindset is also what makes Carr so good. He is fearless and believes he can get to his shot under any circumstance. Not a bad trait in clutch time.

Dakich is one of my favorite guys to listen to.

Our defense (as I stated in our prior loss to Michigan) has really taken a leap that I have never seen. Who would have thought, all Patino needed was a roster that could go 7-8 deep! Lol

Tre Williams and Ilhen play well but would be wise to not necessarily force their shots to make an impact, they have to understand that they impact this team in other ways ,ilhen is a + defender and great on boards, and I personally think that Tre after Gabe is our best defender.

Yeah, I streamed the radio call and synced it up. Best option IMO.

Unless it’s a local team playing, Dakich, Gus Johnson, Bill Walton among others get moved to a muted TV and I’ll just have a different game on my main TV.

I like Bill Walton as a color guy. I think it makes the game much more interesting to listen to. I don't need a cornbread commentator simply explaining what I'm seeing.

Apparently Dakich is under the misguided impression that someone has to be talking every second of the game. Just shut the hell up, please.

As someone once said to to me, if I could marry myself I would. Dakich has that syndrome in spades, it even make a self-lover like me uncomfortable (yes, I know I'm opening myself up for all sorts of abuse, but my Top 25 thread is still applicable, so I don't care - see more self-love).

He made some excellent points about Carr, shot selection and ball movement early on and then he ran them into the ground.

And the points he makes early that dont show up in the game? He ignores them and never mentions it again to now be wrong. Early on Wagner was best NBA prospect in the conference. He struggled, so he forgets that point and goes back to hammering others.

Top Bottom