***OFFICIAL MICHIGAN AT MINNESOTA IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

I like how we settled down twice in this game. Michigan had two rallies that scared me, and usually we end up losing but this game, we did a good job of keeping our composure.

I like how we settled down twice in this game. Michigan had two rallies that scared me, and usually we end up losing but this game, we did a good job of keeping our composure.
Yep, I was waiting for our traditional 5 minute scoring drought. Not today!

That's the thing, they had some rallies, but Gophers never really let them have a run. I think Michigan had one 9-0 stretch and that was it.

A lot of our big wins/upsets have come on the back of someone having a huge game. Robbins did play very well, but this is the first time in a while that I really feel like coaching is what did it for us. Stingy defense, efficient offense. Hats off to Pitino and the rest of the staff.

Michigan was down 13, drained a 3, then got a steal for a dunk to cut it to 8. Was thinking “here they come” but the gophers stemmed the tide and rolled. Nicely done by all involved.

Got awfully quiet both in the game and on the broadcast re Mo after he acted like a soccer player on Robbins put back

Dakish the Dickish would have 100% ragged on any Minnesota player who pulled that.

By far. And it is why i always have loved defense more as you can bring it with you everyday, anywhere.
You have been consistent in your message, and today’s game proved your point loud and clear. 0-12 from three at the half, yet led against a top-10 team? All about defense. Let’s hope this message gets through to the team, and they bring it every game from this point on.

Not 1, but top 5 for sure.

I think Michigan would have been 3, assuming Gonzaga beats St Mary’s and Baylor beats Texas tech.
Now I think Michigan stays around 7. Gophers may pop up to 15 or so

Yep, I was waiting for our traditional 5 minute scoring drought. Not today!
The only drought was the last five and a half minutes of the 1st half where we went 0-8 from the field (5 missed 3 pointers) and allowed Mich to move within 3. Good D and 6-6 free throws for the last 2 and a half minutes increased our lead back up to 7 by the end of the half

By far. And it is why i always have loved defense more as you can bring it with you everyday, anywhere.

You are correct. It is fun to watch a team lock down the opponent defensively. Michigan did it to us 10 days ago and it was really fun to watch how connected we were today. I like watching effort in basketball, ball movement, hard cutting, and especially great defense even if it leads to more missed shots. It is why college basketball is so much more interesting to me than the NBA.

If you can get past the arrogance of Dakich, I actually like the games he calls because he is pretty insightful for the most part.

Really? He's extremely annoying. Maybe he's better in games where the Gophers aren't playing....because he's always had a hatred for the Gophers and it is really apparent when he calls our games.

Top Bottom