***OFFICIAL MACALASTER AT MINNESOTA EXHIBITION IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

Well, at least the team representative from Klaipeda got one point.

How about the disparity in shooting ability? We don't have anyone who can shoot like Williams and Gold is better than most of our shooters as well.
He took over 30 shots, most of them heavily contested step-back fade-aways.

Most nights he probably hits 30% at best on those.

If the 8th graders have a guy that just runs and chucks up shots from all over the place, draining over half of them, they will remain relatively competitive.
Your team isn't going to do anything to prevent that either evidently?

If he can shoot this well against DI athletes, my guess is that he will do just fine against DIII athletes.

Maybe he couldn't care less about the Gophers and has no interest in attending Wisconsin. Although there are rare exceptions (like Duncan Robinson), guys who attend prestigious liberal arts colleges don't plan to play D1 or make a living in the NBA.
Hah, I was referring to the announcers mentioning that he had grown up rooting against the Gophers because of where he grew up. My part about Wisconsin was (partly) in jest.

turnaround fadeaways...my guess is he practices those and is confident nobody can block them...even coaches in the the MIAC are going to defend him with a longer, taller, quicker defender ....it's not anything he hasn't experienced ... he scored 39 last year....he's their leading scorer....he is used to the responsibility of scoring for his team....whatever it takes

why did Carrington defend him until he had 30?

I'd say giving up 41 to one player is worse.
He was their only player who could score by making crazy shots around our length. Small schools live and die by the 3 and it kept them in the game for a while. Despite the pretty ugly start, I felt a lot better as the night played out. I really was impressed by Hawkins and was very happy to see Fox and Ihnen play well. Only concern was JOJ (scored 21 including a few threes) limping gingerly off late in the 2nd half. Wilson also looked like he could give us capable minutes in a pinch. Betts and Keinys probably won’t end up getting a ton of minutes, especially considering we didn’t have Christie or Payne tonight. For once we might have some depth. Will be interesting to hear what it was with those 2.

turnaround fadeaways...my guess is he practices those and is confident nobody can block them...even coaches in the the MIAC are going to defend him with a longer, taller, quicker defender ....it's not anything he hasn't experienced ... he scored 39 last year....he's their leading scorer....he is used to the responsibility of scoring for his team....whatever it takes

I seen Ola-Joseph on him at the start and he was scoring at will.

He was their only player who could score by making crazy shots around our length. Small schools live and die by the 3 and it kept them in the game for a while. Despite the pretty ugly start, I felt a lot better as the night played out. I really was impressed by Hawkins and was very happy to see Fox and Ihnen play well. Only concern was JOJ (scored 21 including a few threes) limping gingerly off late in the 2nd half. Wilson also looked like he could give us capable minutes in a pinch. Betts and Keinys probably won’t end up getting a ton of minutes, especially considering we didn’t have Christie or Payne tonight. For once we might have some depth. Will be interesting to hear what it was with those 2.
I'm glad Fox is able to play and that Wilson can make FT's. Beyond that, I'm not sure much can be learned from playing a DIII school. But letting anyone drop 41 on you, least of all a DIII player is not a good look.

So, any official word on Payne and Christie? Payne wasn’t ill because he was joining in the huddles.

Step back fadeaway … he averaged 21ppg last year … he won’t continue that shooting percentage with that type of shot selection … …

14 days until we play Missouri....i wish i felt more hopeful we will be as close to winning as Macalester was

Top Bottom