***OFFICIAL MACALASTER AT MINNESOTA EXHIBITION IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

The fact that Macalester was so much faster to the ball and better on the boards early in the game is a disgrace. I'm also reminded that D1 recruiting values size and athleticism over shooting ability.

Gophers offensive pace is reminiscent of the 1950's

2nd TV time out. 20-15 Mac. Gophers losing to and being out-cheered by a D-III team in their own building.
This doesn’t surprise me given it’s their Super Bowl of sorts. Although the fact that they only have 1 Minnesotan shocked me. Then again it probably explains why they’re actually good in their league.

In fairness, it's a local team and this game means a hell of a lot more to them than it does to us.
Sure. But there's maybe 2-3K there total. It's not like Mac fans packed the building.

Williams for Mac has 18 of their 25 and we allow him to keep scoring

Gophers will win because they can't really guard Garcia or Fox. But if you're looking for reasons for optimism, good luck to you.

Ihnen with a good looking 3-ball there. Hopefully he can provide an added dimension to our team. Dawson of course too big for this team to stop. Almost feel like if needed he could score every time, but I don’t think that would help us learn about our team.

Make Williams a Gopher next year, I don't care how you do it.

gophers 36 - 30 at 3:00
It's all Williams keeping them in it...white 6' ish guard
Again the MAC defense is very bad or they would be ahead....in addition undersized...garcia had 3 point blank shoots to score on one possession

Up single digits at half time. Let one guy score 24?

Quite honestly, that's about how I expected it to go. A depleted D1 team should beat a D3 team by 30, and we might still do that.

Top Bottom