***OFFICIAL IOWA AT MINNESOTA IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

Coyle, if you are reading this start over. What a schit show today.

Even had they won, it was just putrid, horrid basketball. Pure stench in the barn.

I'm going to Wednesday's game, but now have little to cheer for. We are NIT bound.

Pitino terrible offense at end - this is on the coach
I respectfully disagree with the exception of giving Demir so many minutes......he was horrendous....last 5 minutes was all on the players...bad shots...turnovers....bad execution

How did this happen. At home. What an epic collapse. Unbelievable. Sickening

The Gophers did not score a single point in the final 5:25 of the game. Unfortunately, this loss effectively ends any NCAA tournament hopes barring a miracle run.

Oturu schooled by Garza- has had trouble with physical opponents all year. He needs another year.

No, he doesn't. He's gone.

Iowa adjusted their gameplan to make to make sure Oturu didn't hurt them. They moved into a match up zone and we were absolutely baffled by it.

players need to know their own skill sets, and Pitino needs to know when to pull certain guys because they overplay their roles and are exploited on the defensive end. Our PF position is a hot f’ing mess.

Still need to win at least a couple more games to make the NIT.
They have to be above .500 to be in the NIT. They aren't right now. Are they going to win more then they lose down the stretch? Still have @IU, @WI and Maryland. That's 3 likely losses, and means they would need to win 2 in the BTT to make the NIT. At this point there most likely final record is 15-16 or 16-17.

I respectfully disagree with the exception of giving Demir so many minutes......he was horrendous....last 5 minutes was all on the players...bad shots...turnovers....bad execution
They didn't execute because Pitino changed the offense in the last few minutes.

The Gophers have been horrible against aggressive zone defenses the entire time under Pitino. That's not on the players.

I'm going to Wednesday's game, but now have little to cheer for. We are NIT bound.

You will hear a pin drop. This program is stagnant and a total bore.

We were playing a rival today and from what I could tell, there was really no crowd there. They are bored.

No, he doesn't. He's gone.

Iowa adjusted their gameplan to make to make sure Oturu didn't hurt them. They moved into a match up zone and we were absolutely baffled by it.

I agree, Oturu's still gone if he's a 1st round projection. Still going to support the team, but if Oturu is gone next year I just can't see this team being anything but a bottom 3 team in the B1G.

You thought we looked like a team prepared for the matchup zone? Prepared for that soft press? You liked swapping Demir in for Ihnen for defense and rebounding at the end of game? What about being down two with a minute left and using the entire shot clock?

I agree, Oturu's still gone if he's a 1st round projection. Still going to support the team, but if Oturu is gone next year I just can't see this team being anything but a bottom 3 team in the B1G.
All the more reason we can't give Richard another year.

Wrong. He had a minimum of 4 turnovers in the last 5 minutes and was the weakest defender by far. Ihnen far out played him and deserved to be in
There were 5 turnovers down the stretch. Gabe had 1, Carr had 1, and Ihnen had 1. I don’t disagree with your last sentence but the part about the turnovers is just wrong.

I wish Oturu would spend more time working on his free throws and less bitching to officials all game every game.

I wish Oturu was guarding Garza to start the game. Richard wanted to Garza to get off to an 8-0 start I guess.

Top Bottom