***OFFICIAL IOWA AT MINNESOTA IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

Question......we have some talented incoming freshmen. If Pitino gets sacked will they transfer???
Certainly possible, but in the same way who's to say a new coach doesn't bring in better players?

Should play a drinking game where every Demir shot fake is a drink - I’d be totally hammered.
Not sure why our offensive sets are getting him the ball outside the arc. Painful to watch the shots and the fakes.

Question......we have some talented incoming freshmen. If Pitino gets sacked will they transfer???

It really doesn't matter now....7 years in and we are still a bottom half B10 team....Coyle has to find some magic again like he did with Fleck....Minnesota still has great basketball fans and Williams arena can still rock given the opportunity, but positive change has to be made.

I’ve never been a Pitino hater, but man I’ve never questioned him as much as when we came out with Demir on Garza. There was zero chance of that working.

We were up 8 when Garza left with his 3rd foul. Iowa immediately stormed back. Then we went up 8 again, with Garza still in foul trouble, and gave up the final 11 points of the game.

It's a combination of things. We have a subpar coach and the players don't have that killer instinct. You can sometimes make up for lack of talent if you want it badly enough. No one wanted to take over and lead the team down the stretch. Frustrating loss as a fan.

Let's say we hang on and win by 2 or 3. It's still horrid, brutal basketball.

The barn is dead. We played our two rivals, wisconsin and iowa recently and went 1-1. Both games the barn was mostly silent.

The product is boring and stale is the reason.

I just want someone to explain who when they call timeout with 2.9 seconds under our own basket needing a 3.............won't throw the ball in to play in the backcourt with the player coming toward the inbound passer with a short pass. I know the odds were slim, but what in the hell was that?

Last edited:

I just want someone who when they call timeout with 2.9 seconds under our own basket needing a 3.............won't throw the ball in to play in the backcourt with the player coming toward the inbound passer with a short pass. I know the odds were slim, but what in the hell was that?

I don't think we had a TO.

Let's say we hang on and win by 2 or 3. It's still horrid, brutal basketball.

The barn is dead. We played our two rivals, wisconsin and iowa recently and went 1-1. Both games the barn was mostly silent.

The product is boring and stale is the reason.

I disagree. If people going to the game think a close game against a ranked rival is boring, then they might want to take a second look. I think the general seating stood up once in the last 5 minutes. The student section was begging them to get into the game. Yeah, we had an awful stretch to close the game but that game was one of the most heated and intense I've attended.

A lot depends on who is hired.
I would say if there is no pitino there is no mashburn for sure

I disagree. If people going to the game think a close game against a ranked rival is boring, then they might want to take a second look. I think the general seating stood up once in the last 5 minutes. The student section was begging them to get into the game. Yeah, we had an awful stretch to close the game but that game was one of the most heated and intense I've attended.
The game and crowd were intense. The end was a buzzkill for the crowd because we got shutout for the last 5:25

I was on the edge of my seat In the entire second half, it absolutely wasn’t boring! Maddening yes! The announcers on TV stated the Barn is one of the best atmospheres in the country to ball in. Not sure where the Gophers go from here. Ask the AAU coaches in MN what they want, then maybe we’ll get some of these big time Minnesota kids.

Best part about today's game was Tim Miles doing the color commentary for FS1. I think he's found his niche. Even while losing I was laughing at his comments.

However, that 11-0 failure at the end of the game was like watching the MN Wild give up 2 goals to NYR and lose. The Wild fired their coach. What will the Gophers do?

The game and crowd were intense. The end was a buzzkill for the crowd because we got shutout for the last 5:25

In watching on TV, I didn't think their was much atmosphere at all. The barn has not been going bonkers much this year.

I have faith in Coyle, he canned a 9-4 football coach because he knew he had to reinvigorate the program, I believe he will do the same with basketball. Now we just need to find out basketball Fleck!
He canned a 9-4 coach with a crazy low buyout, Wasn’t that hard a decision. Not sure what the buyout is, that might be a factor.

We lost to #21 in the country by 3 points.

Ugly game without question, why waste time attributing blame when every starter on our roster seemed determined to reign supreme as Gopher Bungler-in-Chief.

This result, at worst, has an insignificant impact on my overall opinion about Patino's status with the team going forward.

Dramatically calling for Patino's head because of one bad game is short-sighted.
Supporting removal without a viable alternative candidate in mind, only magnifies the shallow nature of this assessment. We can still make the NCAA tournament and the season is not over.

Critics would be ill advised to dispose of their Patino dolls just yet, re-stock your candles, re-chalk your pentagrams and sharpen your needles for Wednesday.

Top Bottom