***OFFICIAL IOWA AT MINNESOTA IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

Have to go 2 for 1. If they wait until the end of the shot clock they make it so much harder on themselves.

Alright Daniel. Cash them both and we have the upper hand in OT.

6-12 from the line. No points the last 5 minutes. Choke on the players and the coaches.

This is as bad of a last 5 minutes, or however since we took the 8 point lead, as you can get.

One team has a good coach and an all American, one team doesn't. One team is going to the NCAAs and one gets to play Richmond in the NIT.

Terrible game.

The refs were horrendous. The refs didn't cost us the game, but they were calling fouls at random and Luka Garza apparently is allowed 4-5 steps.

The only thing worse than the refs was Richard. He was outcoached, again. It's time to move on, we're just spinning our wheels.

goddamnit what a way to blow a game. Not one player on the team had a good game. Not one. Pathetic. Refs didn’t help either, with the typical no-advantage to the Gophers at home in a B1G game...Iowa won the game on a ball slap with less than a second on the shot clock. Oturo got worked by Garza, but hard to play against a guy throwing high elbows all game too. Still, if they score even one bucket in the last five minutes, they’d probably have won. way too many close losses this year, very few close wins. gonna cost the team the Tourney and maybe the coach the job.

Last edited:

Game over and we should have won. The Gophers have never been able to break a zone under Pitino. Our season is over. We're not making the NCAA Tournament.

5 turnovers and a missed front end of a 1 and 1 in the last 7 possessions.

I think Pitino needs a winning streak to keep his job.

I'm glad I didn't pay to go today. The athletics department shouldn't be surprised at all why attendance is generally poor.

If the Pitino era ends after this season, we'll remember these last 5 minutes as the official death knell. 13-0 run. Unacceptable.

Oturu schooled by Garza- has had trouble with physical opponents all year. He needs another year.

This meltdown should be the final nail in the coffin for Pitino, but it probably won’t.

Top Bottom