***OFFICIAL IOWA AT MINNESOTA IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

I don't watch a ton of Gopher BB, but I saw the end of this one and at Perdue. The decision making is dreadful... especially Carr ..how do you get two ten second violations in a row? Have some urgency!

If Pitino gets canned this off season, this is the game that did it.
It has been coming for a while. Under Richard they play not to lose rather than win. We have never looked good against the zone. Time for the program to go a different direction. Richard has always been a guy I wanted to succeed. Unfortunately, the results just aren't there.

One of the saddest performances coming off a week rest at home still have no idea wtf i just watched

All the more reason we can't give Richard another year.

Personally I like Pitino a lot as a guy so tough to see him *probably* go. He's not taking this program where it needs to go from a coaching perspective and I get that a change needs to be made. I think the inability for him to get one of Nnaji or Terry is going to indirectly cost him his job. Either one of those guys and you'd be looking at a likely 7-8 seed this year.

It has been coming for a while. Under Richard they play not to lose rather than win. We have never looked good against the zone. Time for the program to go a different direction. Richard has always been a guy I wanted to succeed. Unfortunately, the results just aren't there.

I know! Richard is a likable guy (funny, pokes fun at himself, etc.) That's what makes it so tough that he is not getting the job done. It's time for a change.

Brutal loss

2 shot attempts in final 5 minutes. Contested 2 and blocked 3

Honestly, not sure where to go from here

If Pitino is allowed to return next year, you get exactly what you deserve. This should have been a 20 point win today. Iowa is terrible on the road and was missing a starter. Their one win on the road was against Northwestern and have been non-competitive against almost everyone else. Nebraska handled them. Purdue put up 100...and this isn't even that version of Iowa. You had a whole week off! You started the game with the worst individual defender on the team defending a conference player of the year candidate. That was your gameplan. You don't score in the last 5 minutes plus at home against one of the worst defensive teams in the conference.

I've never been angrier with the Pitino debacle than I am at this moment. Everything about today was pathetic.

Relax, people. I've read on this very forum that we're still going to the dance. Hell, if Oturu stays we're a top 10 team next year.

Hahahahaha.

Yeah that talk is insanity.

They will be really solid tho.

I have faith in Coyle, he canned a 9-4 football coach because he knew he had to reinvigorate the program, I believe he will do the same with basketball. Now we just need to find out basketball Fleck!

There were 5 turnovers down the stretch. Gabe had 1, Carr had 1, and Ihnen had 1. I don’t disagree with your last sentence but the part about the turnovers is just wrong.
I put Carr’s turnover on Demir. He flashed unnecessarily behind Oturu to cause the confusion and then compounded it by not going for the ball. His lack of athleticism is to blame on Gabe’s turnover. If that’s Omersa or Oturu it’s a lob dunk.

Bottom line, anytime Alihan was involved the last five minutes it ended up in disaster.

Personally I like Pitino a lot as a guy so tough to see him *probably* go. He's not taking this program where it needs to go from a coaching perspective and I get that a change needs to be made. I think the inability for him to get one of Nnaji or Terry is going to indirectly cost him his job. Either one of those guys and you'd be looking at a likely 7-8 seed this year.
I like him as a guy too. But neither his recruiting or his on-court coaching is good enough. The B1G record 32 games under .500 and 2 NCAA's in 7 seasons speak for themselves.

Another one of those game where demir didn’t look the part of btn player. Oturu was off and they had a quick guard defending Carr which seems to be his kryptonite. Pitino didn’t have anything new for Iowa to think about and made a critical mistake in slowing the game down after we made a big run.

Well each player contributed to this loss, Demir dribbling off his foot, Willis dumb foul, Carr throwing the ball away at the end (again), Oturu missing free throws! It was a total team choke job!

I like him as a guy too. But neither his recruiting or his on-court coaching is good enough. The B1G record 32 games under .500 and 2 NCAA's in 7 seasons speak for themselves.

Yep, can't argue with that. Either got to be a good Xs and Os guy OR a good recruiter. Pitino hasn't excelled at either. I really really wanted it to work out for him here as he's really ingrained himself into the community and been a good voice for the program, but the position is 100% about results at the end of the day.

Where is writergopher and the other idiot Pitino defenders?...The guy is a joke and this program has become a joke....The only major program in the state and he cant field a top half B10 team.

Yes and no. Talent wasn't the reason for the mind numbingly dumb play today. Lack of something else imo.

With the talent we have, we can look good every so often. More times than not, we look brutal. Our offense never really goes off. It's always laborious and dull. If Carr is going monster, we look better. Most of all, it's just a talent issue.

Well each player contributed to this loss, Demir dribbling off his foot, Willis dumb foul, Carr throwing the ball away at the end (again), Oturu missing free throws! It was a total team choke job!

We played poorly, no doubt. But the decisions by the coaching staff gave us zero margin for error.

It's hard to blame Carr for that TO at the end, it literally went to two people. That one was on Demir (IMO).

When bit players (Demir) are struggling and we have much better alternatives, it's on the coaches for not putting Demir in a position to succeed.

I feel the same way, I want Pitino to have success, you have to win this game! I guess we’ll see how the rest of the year plays out. Does Coyle have the basketball version of Fleck in his crosshairs??

Brutal loss

2 shot attempts in final 5 minutes. Contested 2 and blocked 3

This is so freaking bad it defies description, but it's just another example, of many, how poorly the Gophers are coached under Pitino. This has been obvious, and comically bad, for years now.

He doesnt recruit well enough to overcome his sub par coaching chops, and vice versa.

Move on already.

With the talent we have, we can look good every so often. More times than not, we look brutal. Our offense never really goes off. It's always laborious and dull. If Carr is going monster, we look better. Most of all, it's just a talent issue.
Willis's foul was dumb not a lack of talent. Two half court violations is dumb. Dribbling into the defenders hands is....well both I guess. I'm still going with both.?

Question......we have some talented incoming freshmen. If Pitino gets sacked will they transfer???

Willis's foul was dumb not a lack of talent. Two half court violations is dumb. Dribbling into the defenders hands is....well both I guess. I'm still going with both.?

True, but even if we would have won, how friggin brutal was that game to watch? It was horrid basketball, just horrid.

Top Bottom