***OFFICIAL IOWA AT MINNESOTA IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

Hope I'm wrong, but I have a bad feeling about this one. Gophers don't seem to wanna take this game and grab it even though its there for the taking.

Right after I type this, cue them grabbing this game and seizing the opportunity in a big way. Glad this message aged horribly!

You can continue to believe what you want. You’ll just be wrong the next time it’s called too.
Every single basketball game I've ever seen has been interpreted that the ball is considered in the backcourt until it is controlled by a player who is completely in the front court. That means if you pass the ball from backcourt to frontcourt, it is considered in the backcourt until the player in the frontcourt has caught it. If you are dribbling and step one foot into the front court, but keep one foot in the backcourt, you are considered still in the backcourt. Never seen it called any other way and stand.

Carr doing it all. 10-8-6 right now

Also Demir with a quiet 8 boards

while are people still bitching about a 10 second call that happened a long time ago?! We have a ball game going on here!

Every single basketball game I've ever seen has been interpreted that the ball is considered in the backcourt until it is controlled by a player who is completely in the front court. That means if you pass the ball from backcourt to frontcourt, it is considered in the backcourt until the player in the frontcourt has caught it. If you are dribbling and step one foot into the front court, but keep one foot in the backcourt, you are considered still in the front court. Never seen it called any other way and stand.
What rule says that?

If the refs are so incompetent that they make up their own rules and the NCAA/Big Ten doesn't care enough to do anything about it that doesn't make it right.

You can read the rulebook yourself. There's nothing in the section that requires the ball to be possessed in the frontcourt. You can continue to tout what you say as fact, but the rulebook clearly does not agree with it.
The rule is fine as written. During a pass from player A in the backcourt to player B in the front court, the possession remains with player A until it’s received by player B. Hence why the count continues after the ball crosses the mid court line. “Continuous possession” in the backcourt. Violation.

Lol. Stupid foul. And then a lane violation.

Demir...we are wearing the white jerseys, pass it to the white jerseys!

What is this crap? Minnesota vs Iowa is supposed to be a shootout.

Get Demir out. He's providing very little right now and making mistakes.

Last two possessions through Demir. 2 TO's. Gabe could have had a lay-up.

Need to stop the turnovers for the rest of the game. If you give Iowa opportunities they're probably going to take them.

Top Bottom