***OFFICIAL IOWA AT MINNESOTA IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

Go away and live in lollipops and fairy land. I was in attendance today, maybe 9k against your rival. This team is bad and regressing currently. They have a large talent and coaching gap. This team as currently constructed is (this year) and will not (next year) be a tournament team.
Did you head down to the bench to offer your insights into what to do differently? I would have.

Shoots like 25% from 3 against the teams with a pulse. Putting up stats against bad team's doesn't really mean anything. He was good against Michigan but pretty bad the rest of the games.
Nice 🍒 picking George.

“Teams with a pulse” is a subjective term; the type of logic which the data deficient use to justify their position.

I’ll go back to ignoring you again, have fun playing with yourself, I’m sure you’re a master at it🥴

We have work to do even to make the NIT.

Oh, yeah. #90 on NET as of today and this loss will push us further down. NIT selection is all based on NET now and we have to be at least in the low 80s to be selected. And that wouldn't give us homecourt in any game.

3 road wins in a row at Minnesota by Iowa first time since 54 - 56
Dismal
It's wild to hear this stat because I had always felt like Iowa at home was always a "get right game."
  • The Brandon Johnson game
  • The Charles Buggs game
  • OT thrillers
  • Fran is losing his mind
And sadly, this was probably the most pedestrian Iowa team in memory.

It looked like the Gophers were wearing cement tennis shoes. I've never seen so many close in shots in my life!

I meant next year. If you think this team can make the tournament next year......do you still blow it up by making a coaching change? I don't.
This team isn't good. At least one of Garcia, Hawkins, Christie or Payne will likely be gone. Perhaps more than one. Even if Asuma is good, there's no real basis to assume some great improvement next year.

This was a game where the coaches never made adjustments. Iowa ran that cutter down the lane all night long and no adjustment was ever made.
For a second game our outside shot wasn't falling and we had no adjustment to go hard to the rim.

Yes, the kids lost the game, but they lost it because our coaches failed to adequately prepare them for a mediocre Iowa team. Mark me down as disappointed with Ben and his staff.

Nice 🍒 picking George.

“Teams with a pulse” is a subjective term; the type of logic which the data deficient use to justify their position.

I’ll go back to ignoring you again, have fun playing with yourself, I’m sure you’re a master at it🥴

So you think he has shot the ball well against the B1G teams and SF and Missouri. Okay?

I'm glad he shot it well against Maine and IUPUI, but it would be nice for him to make some against better competition is all.

This year they would need to win 12 to get in. He has scheduled 3 of the softest non confernece schedules in the programs history, what to you suggests he wont next year? What I am saying is the current talent has zero chance to win 12 big ten games this year or next. The big ten will be better next year`. He is bringing in two marginal recruits.
We already have a game at Missouri next year. Safe to say the other 11 will be cupcake city.

This team isn't good. At least one of Garcia, Hawkins, Christie or Payne will likely be gone. Perhaps more than one. Even if Asuma is good, there's no real basis to assume some great improvement next year.

Not even worth arguing it. No idea who (if any) will be gone next year. It'll depend a whole lot on how the rest of the season goes. If this digression is real and they don't get themselves back on track.....Johnson may very well be gone. But it's way too early to determine that at this point. Team is coming off two spectacularly bad outside shooting games. That's something that they can spring back from.

Go away and live in lollipops and fairy land. I was in attendance today, maybe 9k against your rival. This team is bad and regressing currently. They have a large talent and coaching gap. This team as currently constructed is (this year) and will not (next year) be a tournament team.
Is this true? I only watch the games on TV and have hope we are positioning ourselves to be a better team. Today was not good BB and your statements about the team while being in attendance is concerning.

Gophers end shooting a hair under 80% on 2s and lose. Half of their shots were 3s. Where they were 5/29 (~17.25%)

I don’t blame it all on coaching. But that has to be fixed. Iowa’s a shitty defense. And the gophers refused to win by doing the right things.

Is this true? I only watch the games on TV and have hope we are positioning ourselves to be a better team. Today was not good BB and your statements about the team while being in attendance is concerning.
If I heard correctly I believe the announced was 8923 which i believe is 200 less than the Maryland game. Was hoping for more. I would imagine next Tuesday will be close to 12k but 3-4k will be wearing red. Too bad both teams shot really bad tonight from outside was a winnable game.

First Iowa road win of the season and they did it fairly easily. Otzelberger punked this Iowa team 90-65 at home. Iowa State was 0-18 in the Big 12 the year before Otzelberger and 2-22 overall. It's absolutely ridiculous that we're in year 3 and some are still pointing to hopefully making the NIT as some relevant sign of progress.

That 3-1 conference start was fun though. We should have took a picture of the standings like Lee Corso took a picture of the scoreboard when his Indiana team had a lead over Michigan at halftime. We're now an underdog to finish even .500 in conference play despite (finally) getting an easy schedule and seeing the top 3 teams just once each.

It's wild to hear this stat because I had always felt like Iowa at home was always a "get right game."
  • The Brandon Johnson game
  • The Charles Buggs game
  • OT thrillers
  • Fran is losing his mind
And sadly, this was probably the most pedestrian Iowa team in memory.
Agree on the makeup of the Iowa team.

Fran had a helluva game plan, and they worked it to near perfection. Only thing that kept Mn in the game was the ft disparity.

First Iowa road win of the season and they did it fairly easily. Otzelberger punked this Iowa team 90-65 at home. Iowa State was 0-18 in the Big 12 the year before Otzelberger and 2-22 overall. It's absolutely ridiculous that we're in year 3 and some are still pointing to hopefully making the NIT as some relevant sign of progress.

That 3-1 conference start was fun though. We should have took a picture of the standings like Lee Corso took a picture of the scoreboard when his Indiana team had a lead over Michigan at halftime. We're now an underdog to finish even .500 in conference play despite (finally) getting an easy schedule and seeing the top 3 teams just once each.

I think we were always an underdog for that.

I smell a doogie story coming soon. Something along the lines of ‘Coach P proves a coaching change can save a program.’

Top Bottom