*** OFFICIAL GOPHERS/MICHIGAN STATE IN-GAME THREAD ***

Streveler needs to be the real deal. Leidner can not hold on to the football and is too big a liability.

I hate to say it and I know it's early in their careers, but we may not have the guy at QB to take us to the next level. It's not just reactionary, I don't know if you can fix the level of inaccuracy that Nelson has and Leidner is sloppy with the ball.

To expect them to improve enough over the off-season isn't realistic imo. I worry about the position.

Our defense gets another A at this rate. I know the game is not over. Who is coming back on D next year? Or are we going to drop off?

They should have reviewed the fumble, his ass was down.

ball was clearly out before any part of him hit the ground... that's why there was no fuss from him because he knew it was a fumble...

I hate to say it and I know it's early in their careers, but we may not have the guy at QB to take us to the next level. It's not just reactionary, I don't know if you can fix the level of inaccuracy that Nelson has and Leidner is sloppy with the ball.

Over reaction at this point. When you have defenders breathing down your neck all day.....you are not going to look like an all star.

JUCO QB please. Not saying Nelson and Leidner shouldn't play next year, but lets not make it easy for them.

Michigan St has made Campion their bitch all day. Wow, he's been bad and frankly if this is the best he's got against the big time competition then perhaps next year Pirsig unseats him. He's as responsible for our struggles as Nelson so far today.

The MSU coaches have made Limegrover their bitch in the red zone all day. Their players obviously step up, but their coaches have whipped us way worse. We have to develop some go-to plays down there that we can get to work against these better Ds.

LOL

Nelson & Leidner are fine... we're playing a tough defense, relax...

Lmao. Yeah, the number one ranked defense really needed to out coach Limrgrover. They have out coached a lot of teams this year then. Why do you watch? You seem miserable and IMO have unrealistic expectations.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We must be watching two different games and frankly I'm not on Limegrover much at all but he's sucked today in the red zone; period.

thailleagle said:
Nelson & Leidner are fine... we're playing a tough defense, relax...

Nelson maybe, Leidner no. His fumblitis is not limited to this game.

The Gopher QBs(alleged) are 9/22 today. How does abysmal fit?

With 3 turnovers. Don't know how many sacks and don't know how many of them were on the QB either. Or how many completions were on that last drive.

Leidner is 3 for 4 for 48 yards. Before that Nelson was 6 for 18.

We must be watching two different games and frankly I'm not on Limegrover much at all but he's sucked today in the red zone; period.

You're saying MSU does not have a good defense, correct?

That defense had nothing to do with the ineffectiveness in the red zone????? Short fields are tough without the ability to pass...which we didn't show all day. You can only call plays that have a remote chance to work.

That should have been a flag.

I'm still very happy with the toughness of the team overall. Still in it with 3 minutes left, without good AB play, is amazing.

The difference between being okay and being awesome is so close... 3 trips inside the 10 yard line against the best defense in the country and we come away with only 3 points, and we are down by 11 right now.

People can defend the QBs all they want, but they are a combined 16/45 the last two weeks with four INTs and a fumble. Sorry, but there is room for improvement there, I don't care what defenses you're playing against. Be functional, and don't turn the ball over.

And again, can we some day please have a QB that actually scares a defense?

You're saying MSU does not have a good defense, correct?

Great defense, but our fellas have had plays to make at their fingertips and haven't made them. It seems to have gotten to be a regular enough occurrence to be a pattern.

The difference between being okay and being awesome is so close... 3 trips inside the 10 yard line against the best defense in the country and we come away with only 3 points, and we are down by 11 right now.

MSU - Two trips inside the red zone, 14 points. Game, Set, Match.

We had Goodger WIDE open on our first visit. If not for a very good play by an MSU defender, we score a touchdown on that drive.

People can defend the QBs all they want, but they are a combined 16/45 the last two weeks with four INTs and a fumble. Sorry, but there is room for improvement there, I don't care what defenses you're playing against. Be functional, and don't turn the ball over.

And again, can we some day please have a QB that actually scares a defense?

to be fair... those type of QB's come once in a blue moon...

i mean outside of maybe Braxton Miller who really in the Big Ten is a "scary" QB?

Bottom line. From a few skilled positions, we're not there yet. BUT...we have weapons coming back and personally, I think they'll develop. I don't think play calling has anything to do with it, I think we are trying to use what we know works. Been fun! Ski-U-Mah!!!

Top Bottom