News on Shaka Smart

I had a feeling RichmondInsider was going to get scooped. Does he have to wait til 10 now to come in here and tell us what this news is that is going to have us all talking?! Were we really after VCU's assistant coach or something?!

Picturing VCU fans laughing hysterically because they thought we took this thread seriously is my favorite part of all of this.

What was more amazing to me was that there were several GH'ers who took it seriously too.

I have an update from my friend who works at ESPN.

-Yes VCU has an agreement with Shaka Smart. Right now I have learned that NT offered Shaka around the 1.7 mill per season range. With VCU bumping it up to 1.5 Shaka is happy with that.

-NT could from reports I have heard from could bump it up to the 2.2 to 2.5 mill range to lure him in the next 24 hours.

-Flip is still very much interested in the Gophers if NT doesn't land his top prospects.

-He has heard Buzz Williams name start to get thrown around and NT next target. I have heard that Buzz would like to coach in the B1G.

-According to the Rick P of Louisville, it would have to take a substantial offer to get him to move. He is well respected, and has a great track record and would instant street cred to the program and recruits.

More to come in a bit.

I don't think there was nothing to this. Teague and Co. might have thought they had their man. They might have dredged up 8 figures of pledges for the new building. There might have been WW4 in the situation room at VCU. There sure was a lot of smoke.

BG, I hate to inform you that it wasn't smoke. It was steam boiling from a great big pile of hot bull$hit.

What year does this thread go on the ballot for enshrinement into the International Internet Forum Hall of Fame?

Havoc wouldn't have worked in the B1G any way. Michigan, our 4th best team, absolutely dismantled VCU. The possibility was exciting, but Shaka was a high risk with only a small sample size to go off of. Don't get me wrong, I was intrigued, but he was not the best choice out there.

In the words of Simon Cowell "Someday you will look back on this and wonder why you blew the chance of a life time." Not even necessarily in regards to the Gopher job, but for all the jobs Shaka turned down. Two sub-par seasons and Shaka will no longer be a commodity of any kind, he will be a trivia question answer.

-Yes VCU has an agreement with Shaka Smart. Right now I have learned that NT offered Shaka around the 1.7 mill per season range. With VCU bumping it up to 1.5 Shaka is happy with that.

-NT could from reports I have heard from could bump it up to the 2.2 to 2.5 mill range to lure him in the next 24 hours.

-Flip is still very much interested in the Gophers if NT doesn't land his top prospects.

-He has heard Buzz Williams name start to get thrown around and NT next target. I have heard that Buzz would like to coach in the B1G.

-According to the Rick P of Louisville, it would have to take a substantial offer to get him to move. He is well respected, and has a great track record and would instant street cred to the program and recruits.

More to come in a bit.

Give it to Flip and be done with it.

What year does this thread go on the ballot for enshrinement into the International Internet Forum Hall of Fame?

5 years and 1 day after it officially retires or is fired.

More to come in a bit.

Rick Pitino? Don't tease us.

Knock knock. Anybody home? Looks like I got here too late. Oh well this has been an interesting read.

Do I have this quote right?

Bogart to Bergman: "We'll always have Richmond."

Claude Raines: "Round up the usual suspects."

More to come in a bit.

Pitino is favored to win a championship in Louisville. Even if he doesn't they will still name most streets, parks, and the airport after him. Additionally he gets all the scoops at Churchill downs and he gets to bang sluts after hours in restaurants and everyone turns a blind eye. He also needs a Brinks truck to deliver his paychecks.

He's going to The U?

Meet me at Bogarts tonight. I wanna fight you. Just let me shower and pick out a hat first.

Give it to Flip and be done with it.

Yes, absolutely agree!!! Make it look like it was Flip we wanted. Don't make him have to be the 5th choice. Flip was my #1, and I was/am hoping that he was Teague's #2. I know that's probably not the case.

Maybe all the big money donors told Teague they wouldn't donate if he paid someone like Smart 3 mil, but they would if they could get him for less than 2 mil?

Anyone have an idea what Flip would want to take the job?! As an alum, would he do it for 1.5? Or with other options out there for him, would he want more?! He might deserve more? But would he ask for more? Would Teague be willing to give him more?

And what would be wrong with contracts with smaller guaranteed pay, but larger performance bonuses?!

This is a possibility. Buzz Williams has a relationship with Norwood Teague and Mike Ellis. They, and Villa 7 is the reason he secured the job at Marquette. It will all be determined between the relationship between Larry Williams and Buzz Williams has grown over the past season.

But don't be surprised if someone no one is expecting, such as Joe Dooley, get the job.

Good list...you forgot:

1. The Scout bought Teague, Ellis and Smart memberships at Hair Club For Men
2. Leeks and Lloyd are on the run after kidnapping the wrong coach
3. I have 43 T-shirts today alone from the banner ad that has the gal with big melons

Yup. Just let the guy we grabbed go. Looking back on it, it did seem strange that the little bald guy in the weird leather getup at the rest stop was Shaka Smart. Although, when we asked him if he was, Shaka Smart, he said for $50, not a problem, so when threw him in the trunk.

Didn't want him anyway. He looks like an itty bitty version of Colin Kaepernick. Short guys make terrible basketball coaches. Enjoy coaching in the Patriot League or whatever rinky-dink organization the fifth or sixth fiddle in Virginia basketball is playing in nowadays.

Didn't want him anyway. He looks like an itty bitty version of Colin Kaepernick. Short guys make terrible basketball coaches. Enjoy coaching in the Patriot League or whatever rinky-dink organization the fifth or sixth fiddle in Virginia basketball is playing in nowadays.
Can you say bitter?

Pitino is favored to win a championship in Louisville. Even if he doesn't they will still name most streets, parks, and the airport after him. Additionally he gets all the scoops at Churchill downs and he gets to bang sluts after hours in restaurants and everyone turns a blind eye. He also needs a Brinks truck to deliver his paychecks.

He's going to The U?

Meet me at Bogarts tonight. I wanna fight you. Just let me shower and pick out a hat first.

The bogarts in Apple Valley? I'll stop by to watch a fight.

Short guys make terrible basketball coaches.

If you say so...

BG-MSU-Tom-Izzo.jpg

Attachments

• BG-MSU-Tom-Izzo.jpg
    BG-MSU-Tom-Izzo.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 1

At the end of the day, The Commander's inside sources turned out to be the rights ones. At least he won't have beef with Shaka now.

Update: Shaka is back at the Vu with Big Guns and they appear to be in love

still nothing official, just sayin. A lot of the other reports quote the SI one so you never know? PosDog.

IMO it won't be Flip either, I'm really afraid were going to get this so called up and coming assistant who will give a fresh jump start to the program, fresh outlook, fresh ideas, fresh this fresh that.

Top Bottom