News on Shaka Smart

IMO it won't be Flip either, I'm really afraid were going to get this so called up and coming assistant who will give a fresh jump start to the program, fresh outlook, fresh ideas, fresh this fresh that.

Just find a coach that can recruit...

Havoc wouldn't have worked in the B1G any way. Michigan, our 4th best team, absolutely dismantled VCU. The possibility was exciting, but Shaka was a high risk with only a small sample size to go off of. Don't get me wrong, I was intrigued, but he was not the best choice out there.

In the words of Simon Cowell "Someday you will look back on this and wonder why you blew the chance of a life time." Not even necessarily in regards to the Gopher job, but for all the jobs Shaka turned down. Two sub-par seasons and Shaka will no longer be a commodity of any kind, he will be a trivia question answer.

Havoc would have worked fine in the B1G, if you have the right players. Havoc's kyrptonite is ball handlers, and Michigan has two of the better ball handlers in the country. Most of the VCU players were recruited to play in the CAA. Their is a difference in talent. That is why VCU dismantled Butler, and would of been a match up that would of probably beat Kansas. As they have no true PG. But onto the next. I am sure Mike Ellis will better Minnesota.

I can't believe that I was suckered into believing everything that everyone said on this thread. As an old fart, I am trusting, maybe too trusting. I always believed that something can't be said on the internet that isn't true. Where has mankind gone? Bonjour.

Andy Katz said he talked to Shaka and he is staying at VCU

I talked to my insurance agent, Jake from State Farm and he said he hadn't heard anything official yet. He indicated they are usually quick to hear of these things as the office manager is good friends with a guy in the athletic communications department. So...I don't know who to believe more....Andy Katz or Jake from State Farm. Jake hasn't led me astray yet...

I can't believe that I was suckered into believing everything that everyone said on this thread. As an old fart, I am trusting, maybe too trusting. I always believed that something can't be said on the internet that isn't true. Where has mankind gone? Bonjour.

Station17 is your son.

applause.gif

This has been so entertaining. I'm *almost* sorry to see it end.

Never open an email from a Nigerian prince.

I'm getting word that his final update is just going to be a link to him and Pav reenacting meatspin.

You are a troll and we all look like idiots now, right?

mcal, you are wrong. richmondinsider is a genius movie producer who found the right time and place to audition actors and actresses for his upcoming new Cohen Brothers movie, "The Life and Times of Being a Minnesota Gopher Basketball Fan". He is going to shorten the title of the movie to "Brainerd" and film it in Fargo. He did it this ingenious way because it will be a low budget film, and he has to save money wherever he can.

10PM Update

Well like I said yesterday Shaka agreed on 1.5 million a year and it came down to if VCU could find the money to do all the other things Shaka wanted done. They did. Shakas assistants are VERY well paid now for an A10 staff and the recruiting budget largely increased.

Shaka considered leaving but wanted to stay in VCU the whole time that is where his heart is. He told many people tonight he thinks he can be the next Jim Calhoun and really put VCU on the amp like he did with Uconn.

Norwood took the news VERY hard and let it put known that hes done with Shaka. I don't think you'll hear about them texting or meeting up for dinner anytime soon. Norwood feels like he took a chance on Shaka several years back and that this time around Shaka back stabbed him in the back.

Two other coaches with Virginia connections have spoke to Minnesota today in both Tony Bennett and Anthony Grant.

To show you how much of a loser Pav is, he was literally in tears when he heard Shaka agreed to terms. What a fat loser.

10PM Update

Well like I said yesterday Shaka agreed on 1.5 million a year and it came down to if VCU could find the money to do all the other things Shaka wanted done. They did. Shakas assistants are VERY well paid now for an A10 staff and the recruiting budget largely increased.

Shaka considered leaving but wanted to stay in VCU the whole time that is where his heart is. He told many people tonight he thinks he can be the next Jim Calhoun and really put VCU on the amp like he did with Uconn.

Norwood took the news VERY hard and let it put known that hes done with Shaka. I don't think you'll hear about them texting or meeting up for dinner anytime soon. Norwood feels like he took a chance on Shaka several years back and that this time around Shaka back stabbed him in the back.

Two other coaches with Virginia connections have spoke to Minnesota today in both Tony Bennett and Anthony Grant.

To show you how much of a loser Pav is, he was literally in tears when he heard Shaka agreed to terms. What a fat loser.

Are your dogs still chained up? Have you fed them lately?

I wish Shaka and VCU luck. I have to wonder if they do the same dance next March.

Kudos to you RI for the awesome thread :) A true work of art.

I would also like to point out the headlines aren't accurate Shaka was never in anyway offered the UCLA job. He was certainly a candidate but that job has been offered to NOBODY yet.

THAT is what I waited around for?! Nothing new, nothing shocking, nothing unexpected, nothing funny, nothing controversial?!

Wow. What a letdown.

But seriously, not sure that I believe Teague would feel Shaka stabbed him in the back. If the guy likes coaching VCU, good for him, good for VCU. Dang, wish more coaches acted like Shaka Smart has. Why would he owe NT his life basically? He's got a wife that likes it there, he likes it there, my guess is he's treated like a king around that place and if not before, now for sure he will. His players will love him and maybe respect him more if they didn't already? His staff probably think he's the greatest. The Administration there probably loves him even more despite all the money he sucked out of them. And why not?!

I think it was the best move for Shaka.

Now, NT? Man I really hope this guy was just a troll. If NT is so heart broken and feeling so stabbed in the back by this, that could hardly be a good thing.

But if he ends up hiring Flip, then I could care less, I guess. We got our fb, vb and both of our hockey coaches wrapped up and shouldn't feel the need to fire any of them for a few years.

I care about the womens bb team, but how many other Gopher fans care?! Honestly? And Borton got a hot shot recruit now, maybe she'll turn things around?! So maybe NT won't need to be depended on for a BIG HUGE coaching search again for several years? So looking at it that way, just hope he doesn't screw up this one coaching search.

Get Flip, you'll get the new practice facility, probably 1-3 of the Big 3, and then what else would we need?!

We might be able to go on cruise control for 2 or 3 years?!

Oh, he can busy himself getting that lacrosse team going.

How could I ever keep up with this gem?! Good Lord. What I HAVE read, though, has been nothing short of awesome. Thank you to everyone who made me laugh (too many to name). RichmondInsider.. Well done, ol' chap!

F-ck Wisconsin. And the Grinch they rode in on!

Huh, sorry, wrong thread.

Top Bottom