Mutaf to transfer

Rick counseled Richard not to take Washington
Yes he did. I had seen him a year earlier when people were touting him as the best guard in the city and then later he was named player of the year but i knew of guards when you ignored that Jelly garbage were taking him apart fundamentally. It was literally a joke on how easily you could get him behind your hip and back him down.

We do not speak Devoe Joseph's name! Arghh..... I wrote his name.... ahhhh….

His departure really cost us. When Nolan went down, we went from #10 in the nation to garbage because Hoffarber had to pay point and Mavrick Ahenmisi. Arghh…...
Actually just Hoff. Mav didn't play much. Tubby later admitted he should have just bitten the bullet and started Mav rather than moving everyone out of position. The worst thing that happened was that the new line-up worked well for the first game against Northwestern because they couldn't prep for it. But it never worked again.

I am guessing that Washington knew that as much as he had trouble getting PT beforehand, with Carr lined up the situation would not improve in his favor.
Where will poor Jelly go next year when Richard takes the LBSU job? :cool:

Yes he did. I had seen him a year earlier when people were touting him as the best guard in the city and then later he was named player of the year but i knew of guards when you ignored that Jelly garbage were taking him apart fundamentally. It was literally a joke on how easily you could get him behind your hip and back him down.
If we didn't take Washington, then Wright comes here. If Wright is here, then Carr doesn't come here.

I think we won in the end.

If we didn't take Washington, then Wright comes here. If Wright is here, then Carr doesn't come here.

I think we won in the end.
It is ok to win every year. According to Wright, not a certainty that he would have come here. Worked out for him too, he got to live in Boulder while he was young !

It is ok to win every year. According to Wright, not a certainty that he would have come here. Worked out for him too, he got to live in Boulder while he was young !

FWIW I was told he couldn’t gain admittance into the university of minnesota and was frustrated so he wanted to go elsewhere.

FWIW I was told he couldn’t gain admittance into the university of minnesota and was frustrated so he wanted to go elsewhere.
Who knows but that would really surprise me given who we have taken here.I will not name them, people can figure it out because they joked about it after they left. Pretty rough shot at Wright as he is loved in Boulder. Not bothered by Mutaf leaving. Players leave for plenty of reasons and one of them is they can not see a path to playing and a player like that is miles behind defensively.

Who knows but that would really surprise me given who we have taken here.I will not name them, people can figure it out because they joked about it after they left. Pretty rough shot at Wright as he is loved in Boulder. Not bothered by Mutaf leaving. Players leave for plenty of reasons and one of them is they can not see a path to playing and a player like that is miles behind defensively.

This isn't a shot at Wright. I was told this by someone heavily involved in his recruitment, who is very close to the family and Wright. I was at a game and talking to him. I asked where he thought Wright would go. He told me "I think he'd be a Gopher tomorrow if he could get in. Eventually he will but he is frustrated by the process" so I'm not sure if it was a situation that he needed a higher test score or what. I always liked him a lot in high school, wish he had been a Gopher, but to imply I'm taking a "rough shot at Wright" is wrong.

This isn't a shot at Wright. I was told this by someone heavily involved in his recruitment, who is very close to the family and Wright. I was at a game and talking to him. I asked where he thought Wright would go. He told me "I think he'd be a Gopher tomorrow if he could get in. Eventually he will but he is frustrated by the process" so I'm not sure if it was a situation that he needed a higher test score or what. I always liked him a lot in high school, wish he had been a Gopher, but to imply I'm taking a "rough shot at Wright" is wrong.
Apologize. Thought it was referring to grades and i knew that was not the case because a coach i knew well recruited him for Dayton and they were sure they were getting him and he checked all the boxes. Especially the first ones, the character boxes. 50% of the people that apply at the U get in. The acceptable test scores and grades to get in are not that high compared to many schools.

Apologize. Thought it was referring to grades and i knew that was not the case because a coach i knew well recruited him for Dayton and they were sure they were getting him and he checked all the boxes. Especially the first ones, the character boxes. 50% of the people that apply at the U get in. The acceptable test scores and grades to get in are not that high compared to many schools.

For sure. It could have been a combination of things. Sometimes the date of the test isn't right so they can't officially accept you cause blah blah blah. I'm sure he could have got in had he waited but at some point you have to ask if the effort is worth it. He landed in a great spot for him.

And living in Boulder is good??

None of the three above are good starters at this level. All of them are good basketball players but with limitations that prevent them from excelling against the highest level players. Greenlee's 3 point percentage is incredible though (and he has done it on decent volume - 36 shots).
In 8 games he also has 10 steals and 24 assists. Glad to see he's doing well.

Was sad to see this. Especially because in fleeting 9 minutes he played, he seemed to literally make the most of every minute. Can't remember the last time in recent memory that I saw a gopher freshman do that or even do anything noteworthy ( outside of MM almost managing to foul out in 6 min of total play) .
Most of the time I don't even expect anything impressive because coming off the bench to play for 1 minute seems difficult enough to me, to appear to do anything but shake off rust. I was definitely looking forward to seeing him play. Still curious to see the type of player he'll become.

Somebody saw a little Adam Morrison in Mutaf. There is no question we have not had anybody with Mutaf’s offensive skills and especially mindset offensively.

The part I don’t get...why recruit a player like Washington or Mutaf if you aren’t going to let them create. Neither one is a system guy...they are showman out there to generate points for the team and entertain. They are never going to be superior defenders and be themselves and excel offensively on the court if you try and shoe horn them into something they aren’t. So, why recruit them if want to change them?

Mutaf could score a ton of points for somebody. But, it will absolutely require the right coach. He’s going to take a lot of shots...he’s instant offense. He could have helped us. We have too many scoring droughts. He’s Lou Williams ... he’s gonna score if he’s on the floor.

Pitino should not have recruited him and Mutaf made the right decision to walk. Hopefully, he finds the right situation. He can score points for somebody.

Somebody saw a little Adam Morrison in Mutaf. There is no question we have not had anybody with Mutaf’s offensive skills and especially mindset offensively.

The part I don’t get...why recruit a player like Washington or Mutaf if you aren’t going to let them create. Neither one is a system guy...they are showman out there to generate points for the team and entertain. They are never going to be superior defenders and be themselves and excel offensively on the court if you try and shoe horn them into something they aren’t. So, why recruit them if want to change them?

Mutaf could score a ton of points for somebody. But, it will absolutely require the right coach. He’s going to take a lot of shots...he’s instant offense. He could have helped us. We have too many scoring droughts. He’s Lou Williams ... he’s gonna score if he’s on the floor.

Pitino should not have recruited him and Mutaf made the right decision to walk. Hopefully, he finds the right situation. He can score points for somebody.
Because Pitino learned that to survive scoring droughts you need even more defense. He saw him everyday in practice. We should all keep in mind that thee are so many reason he could have left and we have no way of knowing what they are.

There's all kinds of things wrong with this post. Comparing Mutaf to Lou Williams is hilarious though, thanks for the laugh :ROFLMAO::LOL:. I think Mutaf was absolutely a great kid to recruit and could've been a hell of a player for us if he stayed 4 years. It's unfortunate that it didn't work out but to say Pitino shouldn't have recruited him is just stupid and extremely hindsight biased.

Mutaf in his short minutes lost his man multiple times and got burned by cutters. I can imagine he looked that way in practice as well. Unfortunate he came into the season out of shape, should have stayed home and taken the money in turkey

Because Pitino learned that to survive scoring droughts you need even more defense. He saw him everyday in practice. We should all keep in mind that thee are so many reason he could have left and we have no way of knowing what they are.
This certainly kept us in the game vs WI. I think we shot 19% in 1st half, but were only down 4.

Mutaf in his short minutes lost his man multiple times and got burned by cutters. I can imagine he looked that way in practice as well. Unfortunate he came into the season out of shape, should have stayed home and taken the money in turkey
Or stuck it out a season and worked his ass off this summer...

I point you to D'angelo Russell. He is an entertainer and scorer. When he is on the court the Wolves are -22 against opponents. That means the other team beats the sh!t out of the Wolves when Russell is on the court. My question for you is simple. Do you want to be entertained or do you want to win?

The UMN will admit any athlete that meets the NCAA's minimum requirements for DI eligibility, if the coaches tells them to do so.

You'll never convince me otherwise. Because our student body is so large, it doesn't matter frankly if we admit 100 per year that need remedial courses. It just doesn't dent the overall class's stats.

Rather, I will wild guess that admissions can be used as a tool by coaching staffs to have an excuse for why a particular player can't come here, when they deem they need to pull that lever.

I point you to D'angelo Russell. He is an entertainer and scorer. When he is on the court the Wolves are -22 against opponents. That means the other team beats the sh!t out of the Wolves when Russell is on the court. My question for you is simple. Do you want to be entertained or do you want to win?

Thank God we only gave up Wiggins and a first-round pick for him. At least the new GM got it right with Ball...I mean Edwards...

Top Bottom