***MINNESOTA AT NEBRASKA BOTH TEAMS NEED A WIN IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

not pretty but far from the worst loss ever... this team has hit a wall. it is hard to keep the edge for a long season when they are outmatched nearly every game. i am disappointed. i want to hear how Johnson responds to this. this certainly takes some of the luster off of the hot start. i am looking forward to next season!

OK. Good loss.
Not saying that at all. Awful game and atrocious effort all around. This gopher team had/has no expectations. A road loss in the big ten to another awful team isn’t a shocker by any stretch.

This was a clunker all the way around. We didn't do much of anything right. Way too many turnovers, not a good defensive night, little flow offensively, etc.

We have been competitive in the losses for the most part, but not tonight.

not pretty but far from the worst loss ever... this team has hit a wall. it is hard to keep the edge for a long season when they are outmatched nearly every game. i am disappointed. i want to hear how Johnson responds to this. this certainly takes some of the luster off of the hot start. i am looking forward to next season!
I hate to put it in these terms, but watching this game, it's almost as though one team has Big Ten-caliber players and the other team doesn't. Nebraska clearly has the more talented roster...and they were 0-12 in the conference before tonight.

Hit a wall is right and it’s tough for these guys. Just need development with the young guys and get more talent in, and I think that’s coming.

Hot start raised the expectations and probably a little unfair.

Ouch. This one was an ugly loss. But, as the song goes, "there aint no rest for the wicked..."

Hit a wall is right and it’s tough for these guys. Just need development with the young guys and get more talent in, and I think that’s coming.

Yes that is the key ...but Johnson is not developing TT or Thiam. We did not think TT was going to be much in the couple of minutes we saw him early...then when he got more playing time and became more comfortable he has started to show some potential. We need that same time for Thiam instead of just jumping all over him and writing him off as some have done.

The coaching staff still deserves credit for getting a team of all newcomers to play together and arguably beyond their capability so quickly and early in the season. But while other teams are still growing and improving, this team is already maxed out and has been for some time.

Yes that is the key ...but Johnson is not developing TT or Thiam. We did not think TT was going to be much in the couple of minutes we saw him early...then when he got more playing time and became more comfortable he has started to show some potential. We need that same time for Thiam instead of just jumping all over him and writing him off as some have done.
I'd be surprised if Thompson isn't one of the team leaders in +/-. Good things happen when he's out there. And when a rebound falls into his hands uncontested, he doesn't fumble it out of bounds.

The coaching staff still deserves credit for getting a team of all newcomers to play together and arguably beyond their capability so quickly and early in the season. But while other teams are still growing and improving, this team is already maxed out and has been for some time.
I agree...BUT the experienced players had a lot to do with that. Seniors should be able to recognize what they need to do. The reason that so many teams with Seniors overachieve ......and those teams with majority of experienced players make it to the dance and do well.

I'd be surprised if Thompson isn't one of the team leaders in +/-. Good things happen when he's out there. And when a rebound falls into his hands uncontested, he doesn't fumble it out of bounds.
Daniels should not get one more minute unless we are forced to play him. Total waste and we are losing the chance to develop TT into a more solid player by giving minutes to Daniels.

Mentally we don't got it right now. That's the hardest thing to fix, the team needs some kind boost.

Mentally we don't got it right now. That's the hardest thing to fix, the team needs some kind boost.
Big Ten teams have taken us out of our offense by overplaying our guards and we can't solve it. On top of that our own defense has been very poor. We just aren't very good. The thing we do pretty well is shoot but we are no longer getting open looks and starting to turn it over more.

So true, like " off the hands of Bob Martin" .. !

I can’t say I’m surprised. We all looked at this roster at the beginning of the season and predicted we’d be near the cellar.

We got a couple fun wins early, and I think we’re all at least optimistic that Ben can develop and get the most out of his guys. The question that remains is can he get the talent to compete?

Season is going to end how the experts predicted at this rate. I suppose thats why they get paid for what they do.

giphy.gif

Good things happen for the other team. He is unwatchable on defense. He does not guard.

Season is going to end how the experts predicted at this rate. I suppose thats why they get paid for what they do.
The sad part is that, if they do finish last in the conference, you can't make much of a case that they overachieved. They'd turn out to be just as bad as they were supposed to be.

Good things happen for the other team. He is unwatchable on defense. He does not guard.
He is young and needs work. Does not mean that he can not improve. They rarely teach defense in high school and I am sure he was not used in that capacity. Plus the game is still too quick for him but he is learning...and that is what we want.

The sad part is that, if they do finish last in the conference, you can't make much of a case that they overachieved. They'd turn out to be just as bad as they were supposed to be.
Yeah, I hope we at least finish 2nd to last. Better selling point for recruits if Johnson beat expectations.

I havent looked, but I know we have a short to no bench. Wonder how fatigue played into how we are playing recently

I'm almost certain he is.

Top Bottom