Koi Perich Commits to Gophers!!!!!!!!!

Freak is a relative term. He is NOT freakishly fast. His 10.89 second 100m might make him really fast for Minnesota, but would have placed him last in Georgia's 2023 7A state championship.

View attachment 29062

https://ga.milesplit.com/meets/552225-ghsa-7a-state-championships-2023/entries

If he has NFL asperations, maybe he bulks up to a hybrid or linebacker position. Sam LaPorta is considered an extremely athletic TE in the NFL. He played WR and DB in high school, but was bulked up and converted to TE at Iowa.
He’s a can’t miss prospect. I don’t know if you are doing some passive aggressive shit to help you feel better if he doesn’t come here but the kid is likely to be an extraordinary Gopher.

I had to look up his name, Jason Kaspner, big Minnesota QB prospect in the late 90’s. He chose Michigan over Minnesota, they were loaded at qb, but he wanted to play in the Rose Bowl. Career was 5-10 passing. This could be a similar deal, Im sure he’s good with his decision, making friends and all that, but you gotta wonder if he had to do it over again….
He was a better baseball player, imo. But he chose football. I competed against him in both, from 7th grade thru high school.

what's Early signing day without a little suspense?

recruit-niks - help me out. wasn't there a guy who was expected to sign early a year or two ago - but didn't sign at the time and wound up going somewhere else? I remember the situation but the name escapes me. (as I get older, I find more names escaping me......)

No such thing as a can’t miss prospect.
Beat me too it, was going to post the same thing. Even really highly rated guys fail sometimes and there are no guarantees that Koi will be a great player.

That said, he looks like a great prospect and I sincerely hope he signs here and spends his whole career as a Gopher. He has a chance to be special.

Beat me too it, was going to post the same thing. Even really highly rated guys fail sometimes and there are no guarantees that Koi will be a great player.

That said, he looks like a great prospect and I sincerely hope he signs here and spends his whole career as a Gopher. He has a chance to be special.
Some of our highest recruits ever didn't have the careers dreamed about:
#1 All Time for Gophers - Jeff Jones RB
#4 Hayo Carpenter. WR
#6 Clint Brewster QB
#10 Moses Alipate QB
#27 Athan Kaliakmanis QB
Our biggest names from our Top 25 Highest Rated Recruits Ever to have some success as Gophers are Carter Coughlin, Michael Carter, Daniel Faalele, Traye Simmons, Daniel Jackson, and Darius Taylor. Many of the rest are misses or meh... How many of the top 25 rated recruits make a Top 25 Gophers of All Time List?
So, highly rated is no guarantee of anything.

Pretty clear that Ohio State really wanted Koi as Burns had a note about Day and his staff being in town on Friday.

Hopefully he lives up to the hype and has a long productive Gopher career that ends with him following the likes of Winfield Jr., Howden, and Nubin to the NFL.

Some of our highest recruits ever didn't have the careers dreamed about:
#1 All Time for Gophers - Jeff Jones RB
#4 Hayo Carpenter. WR
#6 Clint Brewster QB
#10 Moses Alipate QB
#27 Athan Kaliakmanis QB
Our biggest names from our Top 25 Highest Rated Recruits Ever to have some success as Gophers are Carter Coughlin, Michael Carter, Daniel Faalele, Traye Simmons, Daniel Jackson, and Darius Taylor. Many of the rest are misses or meh... How many of the top 25 rated recruits make a Top 25 Gophers of All Time List?
So, highly rated is no guarantee of anything.
It’s hilarious that Alipate was rated that high somehow.

Pretty clear that Ohio State really wanted Koi as Burns had a note about Day and his staff being in town on Friday.

Hopefully he lives up to the hype and has a long productive Gopher career that ends with him following the likes of Winfield Jr., Howden, and Nubin to the NFL.
Makes me worry about what Fleck had to promise him in order to get him not to flip.

BUT … in the vein of not pissing in Cheerios:

Outstanding news! Hope he can participate in spring ball, if that’s his choice.

He’s a can’t miss prospect. I don’t know if you are doing some passive aggressive shit to help you feel better if he doesn’t come here but the kid is likely to be an extraordinary Gopher.
I agree he is likely to be an extraordinary Gopher. I never said otherwise.

He was rated way too high, but he had an absolute cannon. Unfortunately, he ate himself out of the QB position.
So typical and pathetic. Blaming the person instead of the actual culprit, their genetics.

Do you blame a cancer victim this way?

Don’t piss in our Cheerios this morning, allow us to bask in the glory
Sure, but try reading the post that this person was responding to. That usually tends to give the context of why they posted what they did …

Well my threads on Gopherhole are going to get a whole lot shorter as I just joined the group that has MplsGopher on ignore. I held off as long as I could but his takes in the thread about Brosmer practicing at the bowl were so over the top and now coming in and hunting for a negative angle on Koi committing is just sad.

It's almost like there are multiple people all posting on the account.....some of those people post rational comments and add decent content to the board and then there are others that are just looking to argue with people and float crazy conspiracies. Unfortunately the sane posters don't seem to get much access to the account lately. :)

You just put the poster on ignore and go on your way.

You don’t tell anyone about it.

Needing to do so just tells everyone how big of a coward you are.

Top Bottom