Koi Perich Commits to Gophers!!!!!!!!!

Had not had a chance to get on the board in awhile, and just wanted to comment on Koi sticking with his Gopher commitment. With the way this season played out followed by Jide decommitting and our transfer portal class (to date) being filled with more question marks than proven commoditites, things felt really bleak. Holding on to Koi was a much needed spark for my Gopher football interest. Whether he turns out to be a great player or not, we kept the top player in state and that shows (to me anyway) that there's still a route to this program getting to where it appeared to be headed in 2019. It says a lot about Koi as a person that he was willing to stick with Minnesota after the season we just experienced with Ohio State and Florida State putting the full court press on. Ryan Day went to Esko, Minnesota the last night (I think) home visits were allowed and Koi decided "no thanks I am going to be a Golden Gopher". For Ohio State, maybe it's just a miss on a "normal" recruit for them, but for Minnesota and PJ Fleck it's an enormous win.

considering the current depth chart at Safety, Perich will have an opportunity to earn playing time as a true FR.

other true FR have played on defense in the Fleck era - but they also took their lumps. Remember how Jordan Howden got roasted on this board for some of his performances as a FR? my point is that Howden developed into a really good college player and is now playing very well in the NFL.

so even if Perich doesn't start from day 1 or takes a while to work into the rotation, that is no cause for alarm. how he begins his career is not as important as how he finishes his career.

Had not had a chance to get on the board in awhile, and just wanted to comment on Koi sticking with his Gopher commitment. With the way this season played out followed by Jide decommitting and our transfer portal class (to date) being filled with more question marks than proven commoditites, things felt really bleak. Holding on to Koi was a much needed spark for my Gopher football interest. Whether he turns out to be a great player or not, we kept the top player in state and that shows (to me anyway) that there's still a route to this program getting to where it appeared to be headed in 2019. It says a lot about Koi as a person that he was willing to stick with Minnesota after the season we just experienced with Ohio State and Florida State putting the full court press on. Ryan Day went to Esko, Minnesota the last night (I think) home visits were allowed and Koi decided "no thanks I am going to be a Golden Gopher". For Ohio State, maybe it's just a miss on a "normal" recruit for them, but for Minnesota and PJ Fleck it's an enormous win.
Not sure I agree with our transfer portal group being question mark filled. We have a high rated QB, CB and RB coming in. The other three are more depth plays most likely but that is important too.

Not sure I agree with our transfer portal group being question mark filled. We have a high rated QB, CB and RB coming in.
How do they "rate" compared to who we brought in last year?

I would label Brosmer a proven commodity. Our success this coming season will be riding on his right arm. Next year may be the greatest show on turf the Gophers have ever seen!

I would label Brosmer a proven commodity. Our success this coming season will be riding on his right arm. Next year may be the greatest show on turf the Gophers have ever seen!
And if it's not, then we can be pretty certain Harbaugh should not be play caller...

You guys crack me up!

You're not going to see video game-style offense at Minnesota. If that's what you want, prepare to be disappointed.

Think 2019, Tanner Morgan level. That's what we're hoping for in 2024. And just so you know: 2019 Gophers were 37% pass attempts, 63% rushing. The passing game was efficient and competent, and only occasionally thrilling.

You guys crack me up!

You're not going to see video game-style offense at Minnesota. If that's what you want, prepare to be disappointed.

Think 2019, Tanner Morgan level. That's what we're hoping for in 2024. And just so you know: 2019 Gophers were 37% pass attempts, 63% rushing. The passing game was efficient and competent, and only occasionally thrilling.
Nobody would be complaining about the 2019 offense.

You also might want to re-think the 2019 passing attack. It was absolutely thrilling. We had the best passing attack in the entire Big 10. We had, by far, the highest yards per attempt. We had, by far, the highest number of TD passes per attempt. We had the second most TD passes in the entire Big 10 (31) and the team that led the conference in passing TDs (Purdue) had almost 250 more attempts, to get to 32 TD passes.

The 2019 passing attack was absolutely thrilling. It was not just efficient and competent.

Nobody would be complaining about the 2019 offense.

You also might want to re-think the 2019 passing attack. It was absolutely thrilling. We had the best passing attack in the entire Big 10. We had, by far, the highest yards per attempt. We had, by far, the highest number of TD passes per attempt. We had the second most TD passes in the entire Big 10 (31) and the team that led the conference in passing TDs (Purdue) had almost 250 more attempts, to get to 32 TD passes.

The 2019 passing attack was absolutely thrilling. It was not just efficient and competent.
Johnson and Bateman were also the no. 1 and no. 2 receivers in the entire B1G.

Top Bottom