Koi Perich Commits to Gophers!!!!!!!!!

Perich is a unique talent. Too early to compare him to Winfield and Nubin, but he certainly has the athletic ability to shine at the B1G level. My question is whether the new defensive coordinator will change the scheme a bit and allow the back-six to be a little more aggressive.

Hopefully he blossoms into a hybrid Antoine Winfield/Carter Coughlin type player and goes on to break records for picks, fumble recoveries, sacks, and TFL's. That's not setting the bar too high right?
Nope, completely reasonable. I assume you're only talking about when he plays defense though.

On offense, I expect some combo of Mike Alstott, Rex Burkhead, Eric Decker, Julian Edelman, and that Wes Welker.

Sure, but try reading the post that this person was responding to. That usually tends to give the context of why they posted what they did …
You are an interesting cat, I can’t figure out if you’re a fan or just an agitator. That being said, I’m catching bits and pieces of signing day info at work so maybe I posted out of context as I don’t have time to go through the whole thread. I’m just excited our local kid decided to be a legend, a Gopher!!! RTB!

Nope, completely reasonable. I assume you're only talking about when he plays defense though.

On offense, I expect some combo of Mike Alstott, Rex Burkhead, Eric Decker, Julian Edelman, and that Wes Welker.
so hes a blue collar, lunch pale type of player...interesting...

He was rated way too high, but he had an absolute cannon. Unfortunately, he ate himself out of the QB position.
Moses seemed just fine to not play, get some fresh air, and a degree. He might be the most laid back player to wear the UM Maroon and Gold.

I suppose.....when I watched his film, I see another Eric Weddle.

Well my threads on Gopherhole are going to get a whole lot shorter as I just joined the group that has MplsGopher on ignore. I held off as long as I could but his takes in the thread about Brosmer practicing at the bowl were so over the top and now coming in and hunting for a negative angle on Koi committing is just sad.

It's almost like there are multiple people all posting on the account.....some of those people post rational comments and add decent content to the board and then there are others that are just looking to argue with people and float crazy conspiracies. Unfortunately the sane posters don't seem to get much access to the account lately. :)
I blocked him in the first 30 seconds of signing up after just reading the board for about 20 years. Best decision ever!!!

That's a lot of grit and football IQ all wrapped into one guy. A dash of deceptive athleticism too.

I know we should not expect a true freshman to come in and immediately have a big impact but Perich could be that good. After this season , the portal and doom/gloom around NIL it’s exciting that he signed with us ! Go Gophers !!

Haven’t seen any social media posts of Koi high on Gophers or signing NLI today?

Maybe he just isn't a big user of social media.....
Nah…these kids all do

When Koi first verbally committed, he had his commitment “PIN” at the top and I recall him always trying to recruit and communicating on X to that other MN kid that chose OU

I just saw on X that there will be a Koi coverage to be aired at 5 PM CST.

Just thought it was weird that he’s quiet all day supposedly an exciting day for all recruits signing their NLI.

Was wondering if any of you saw anything on Social Media, that’s all.

Nah…these kids all do

When Koi first verbally committed, he had his commitment “PIN” at the top and I recall him always trying to recruit and communicating on X to that other MN kid that chose OU

I just saw on X that there will be a Koi coverage to be aired at 5 PM CST.

Just thought it was weird that he’s quiet all day supposedly an exciting day for all recruits signing their NLI.

Was wondering if any of you saw anything on Social Media, that’s all.
Is Randy Shaver going to cover it like he did when Quinn Carroll signed his LOI with Notre Dame?

“The coaches honestly were a huge part of it. They led to a lot of my decision making, but just the opportunity to play is also there. They have a first round draft pick at the safety position and I’d just like to fill his role and hopefully get in that starting spot when I get there,” Perich said.

No reason to think Koi can’t do what Thennieman did for Purdue last year. I’m guessing that’s why we haven’t gone after a safety in the portal. Green, Coleman, and Gousby all left a lot to be desired last year.

“The coaches honestly were a huge part of it. They led to a lot of my decision making, but just the opportunity to play is also there. They have a first round draft pick at the safety position and I’d just like to fill his role and hopefully get in that starting spot when I get there,” Perich said.

He definitely has a better shot at earning early playing time here then he would have if he had gone to Ohio State.

Hopefully he lives up the hype and is able to slide right into the starting lineup next year. But the transition from high school to college is rough so will all come down to how quickly he is able to make the adjustment.

Top Bottom