Koi Perich Commits to Gophers!!!!!!!!!

back to recruiting:

National Signing Dates:
D1 FB Early period - Dec 20-22
D1 FB regular period - Feb 7, 2024 to April 1, 2024

If Perich signs early, we'll know one way or another in 6 weeks.

If he doesn't sign during the early period, then we won't know until after Groundhog Day.

Didn’t we throw it 40+ times. You can’t blame every poor offensive performance on being too conservative.
Exactly.
Our offensive issues against Nebraska had nothing to do with a conservative game plan.

back to recruiting:

National Signing Dates:
D1 FB Early period - Dec 20-22
D1 FB regular period - Feb 7, 2024 to April 1, 2024

If Perich signs early, we'll know one way or another in 6 weeks.

If he doesn't sign during the early period, then we won't know until after Groundhog Day.
If he doesn't sign in December...I wouldn't expect to him to sign in February - April

Yeah!!! Let's try and hurt their feelings, that'll show 'em!!!!!!!!
Well we have to start somewhere.

If all of us sounded-off on their message boards and on national boards about how shameful & pathetic they are to grovel down on their knees and pay kids to attend their school....if they had to read non-stop messages about how these kids LAUGH at their sorry selves for begging them with money & cars....instead of doing something positive & productive....it might at least start to raise awareness.

I'll agree with that. I think more success would be found by just boycotting the sport for a while. If we quit watching en masse, the networks will feel the hit and that's the only group who can influence anything.

I also think it would be the way to deal with Michigan. Just don't play them. If MN, Purdue, etc just didn't even show up to the stadium and there was no game to broadcast, the TV partners would be livid and they'd demand the B1G to do something, and that something would have to meet the approval of MN, Purdue, etc or the boycot of Michigan will continue. And no way can Michigan get into the CFP with a record of 3-0 against non-conf teams from September.

Just my opinion but Coach is pretty quick to offer a replacement if someone decommits and that hasn’t happened yet so my prediction is Koi Perich is Golden.

@GopherTheJugular uhhhhhh if the U et al attempted to just not play Mich, the Big Ten would do something: give Mich the forfeit wins, fine the U massively, and even threaten (and probably make good on) completely withholding their share of the revenue for that entire year, hurting every program in the athletic dept massively.

That is laughably not on the table

If all of us sounded-off on their message boards and on national boards about how shameful & pathetic they are to grovel down on their knees and pay kids to attend their school....if they had to read non-stop messages about how these kids LAUGH at their sorry selves for begging them with money & cars....instead of doing something positive & productive....it might at least start to raise awareness.
Uh, this is a joke, right?

I don't like the current situation.

But the NCAA has basically thrown up its hands and said they can't/won't do anything about it.

the helmet schools and the fat-cat boosters are not going to regulate themselves.

If you honestly want to do something, contact your US Senator or Congressperson and tell them you want to see national NIL legislation. the odds of a bill getting through congress may not be high, but they're still better than the odds of the NCAA doing anything about it.

The NCAA can’t do anything, because current laws won’t support those rules.

New, national law is needed.

Just that simple.

For the record I think NIL and the transfer portal suck and ultimately will destroy college football. The powerhouse programs pitch is not necessarily NIL money. I.E. OSU has more DBs in the NFL than anybody. The big money is in the NFL. Their pitch goes like this: listen son we think you are pretty good. There are currently 10 former Buckeye defensive backs playing in the NFL. We have the coaches to further develop your considerable talent. You can hone your skills covering next level receivers every day. You will be on national tv several times a year and play your games in front of 110,000 screaming nuts. We are your best chance to make generational wealth in the NFL. We also have the biggest alumni network in the US. Those connections can be invaluable towards your future outside football.
How does the U compete with that? Row the boat? Play close to home. A couple a games on the Big network. Practice against receivers that are slower than Joe Biden getting off a stage. NIL money at 25k?
It’s not about money from NIL, Its about your best chance to realize your talent and be the player that we think you are, a NFL db.

@GopherTheJugular uhhhhhh if the U et al attempted to just not play Mich, the Big Ten would do something: give Mich the forfeit wins, fine the U massively, and even threaten (and probably make good on) completely withholding their share of the revenue for that entire year, hurting every program in the athletic dept massively.

That is laughably not on the table
If the Gophers played everyone on their schedule except Michigan, how could they not receive their share of revenue for those games? Unless there's a provision in the GOR that I'm not aware of? I couldn't care less about Michigan getting the forfeited win. No way does 9 forfeited wins get you into the CFP.

Do you have any basis for your statements, besides the fact I'm (like most people) not on your side on this one?

Just my opinion but Coach is pretty quick to offer a replacement if someone decommits and that hasn’t happened yet so my prediction is Koi Perich is Golden.
I'm more curious to know, if Koi goes on a visit to one of these helmet schools, what does Peej do? I thought he wanted commits to stop visiting other schools, no? (Not asking you specifically, just in general - would he tolerate it?)

My reply
For the record I think NIL and the transfer portal suck and ultimately will destroy college football. The powerhouse programs pitch is not necessarily NIL money. I.E. OSU has more DBs in the NFL than anybody. The big money is in the NFL. Their pitch goes like this: listen son we think you are pretty good. There are currently 10 former Buckeye defensive backs playing in the NFL. We have the coaches to further develop your considerable talent. You can hone your skills covering next level receivers every day. You will be on national tv several times a year and play your games in front of 110,000 screaming nuts. We are your best chance to make generational wealth in the NFL. We also have the biggest alumni network in the US. Those connections can be invaluable towards your future outside football.
How does the U compete with that? Row the boat? Play close to home. A couple a games on the Big network. Practice against receivers that are slower than Joe Biden getting off a stage. NIL money at 25k?
It’s not about money from NIL, Its about your best chance to realize your talent and be the player that we think you are, a NFL db.
My reply is Sause Gardner didn’t attend OSU.
Take a look around at some of the best NFL players and evaluate. Max Crosby, Tyson Bagent and many many others. If someone wants to go sit on the bench at osu so be it.

Purposefully refusing to play games in the marquee revenue generating sport would absolutely be worthy of a massive fine and/or withholding revenue. They would do that. You’re dreaming

Purposefully refusing to play games in the marquee revenue generating sport would absolutely be worthy of a massive fine and/or withholding revenue.

That's just your opinion - unless you can back it up with something from the GOR. Can you? (By the way, the subtle change you made, from "completely withholding their share of the revenue for that entire year" to just "withholding revenue" is noted.)

They would do that.

You haven't even proven it's possible to do, so how can you make this statement???

You’re dreaming
No, I'm not. We all know your nauseating opinion on this subject. Clearly you read my post, saw I was on the other side from you, and then decided to critique my post with just your opinions.

Sure, sure. The U can simply pick and choose which — if ANY!! — Big Ten games to actually show up for, in all sports, and still be able to demand exactly the same revenue share that all other schools receive.

Perfectly reasonable :sneaky:

Back to Koi Perich please!

Take the nonsense to other threads or do IM. Thanks

My reply

My reply is Sause Gardner didn’t attend OSU.
Take a look around at some of the best NFL players and evaluate. Max Crosby, Tyson Bagent and many many others. If someone wants to go sit on the bench at osu so be it.
Missing the point. OSU has 10 dbs currently playing in the NFL. That’s a lot of talent they have developed or refined. Sause played for U C. Any other Bearcat dbs in the NFL? The pitch is that if you are good OSUs program gives you development and exposure in your attempt to make it to the next level. That’s a direct appeal to the ego of an elite player.

If the Gophers played everyone on their schedule except Michigan, how could they not receive their share of revenue for those games? Unless there's a provision in the GOR that I'm not aware of? I couldn't care less about Michigan getting the forfeited win. No way does 9 forfeited wins get you into the CFP.

Do you have any basis for your statements, besides the fact I'm (like most people) not on your side on this one?
You do not have a side on the issue. There is zero possibility a Big Ten university would refuse to play a game in this scenario.

Missing the point. OSU has 10 dbs currently playing in the NFL. That’s a lot of talent they have developed or refined. Sause played for U C. Any other Bearcat dbs in the NFL? The pitch is that if you are good OSUs program gives you development and exposure in your attempt to make it to the next level. That’s a direct appeal to the ego of an elite player.
I'm guessing those same OSU guys would have ended up in the NFL if they had played for the Gophers.

OSU has always had a ton of guys in the NFL.

Sure, sure. The U can simply pick and choose which — if ANY!! — Big Ten games to actually show up for, in all sports, and still be able to demand exactly the same revenue share that all other schools receive.

Perfectly reasonable :sneaky:
If that were true, and it's not, then the Gophers would never have left the WCHA.

I'm guessing those same OSU guys would have ended up in the NFL if they had played for the Gophers.

According to a study done by The Athletic Ohio State was one of the very best programs in the nation at getting 3 star players in to the NFL.

According to a study done by The Athletic Ohio State was one of the very best programs in the nation at getting 3 star players in to the NFL.
That doesn't really disprove my point. Plus I would guess those guys were very high 3-stars.

Top Bottom