Koi Perich Commits to Gophers!!!!!!!!!

It is 1000% percent against the rules to tie a commitment to a financial package. I that is the very definition of pay for play.

I mean we all know it happens, but it is absolutely against the rules of recruiting.
Who is enforcing the rules of recruiting? Since no one is, the rules become meaningless.

Who is enforcing the rules of recruiting? Since no one is, the rules become meaningless.
Exactly, even if they do finally punish someone the punishment’s are so weak that the risk is nothing compared to the reward.

Gopherhole needs to clean up their X account. Instead of reporting the news somebody has been using their account to give personal opinion on everything.
Yeah I was thinking the same thing and I don’t really go on X. I do still get the notifications.

Gopherhole needs to clean up their X account. Instead of reporting the news somebody has been using their account to give personal opinion on everything.
Every thread on this site should just stick to the news and keep those damn opinions off these pages.

It‘s a fan message board, this ain’t the AP.

Any great athlete who is competitive wants to win. There’s zero incentive to stay home when those other schools are in top 5 every year while the Gophers are playing to get to the Baked Potato Bowl. It’s the cold hard truth.
Going to an already winning team is the OPPOSITE of being competitive. That's taking the easy way.

If we want Gopher football to be good now we are all going to need to step up and find some big deals for them! time for the fans to actually support the program!
I'd seriously rather keep some sense of dignity, values, & common-sense.

What we shoud do is start being more vocal about how shameful the paying programs are. Tell them they have absolutely nothing to be proud of. How grown men must be losers if they stoop that low to attract kids to their school.

Seriously, where’s your common sense. My point had to do with Flecks conservative offense that will never win a season changing game. Therefore, this team is not desirable cause it turns off current fans and students who don’t sell out an already small stadium. Kids are not stupid and if you see 100k fans in Ohio St or Michigan why would you want to play for the U on a bottom dweller.
Fleck's conservative offense has won several games. The biggest was when we held on in the #4 Penn State game in 2019 to stay undefeated at 9-0. Also the Nebraska & Iowa games this year. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

Fleck's conservative offense has won several games. The biggest was when we held on in the #4 Penn State game in 2019 to stay undefeated at 9-0. Also the Nebraska & Iowa games this year. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.
We came out against Penn State throwing it all over the field. We were conservative?

And the conservative offense allowed us to put up 10 against Nebraska in regulation and 12 points against Iowa. It's a great formula. The conservative offense worked against Nebraska due them turning it over 4 times, and against Iowa due to a Rec. League qb playing for Iowa. Please don't go with the conservative offense won these games.

We came out against Penn State throwing it all over the field. We were conservative?

And the conservative offense allowed us to put up 10 against Nebraska in regulation and 12 points against Iowa. It's a great formula. The conservative offense worked against Nebraska due them turning it over 4 times, and against Iowa due to a Rec. League qb playing for Iowa. Please don't go with the conservative offense won these games.
We got way ahead of Penn State by opening up the offense.

And then we got very conservative, stopped scoring, ran the clock down while they inched back....and we barely held on. But it worked.

What we shoud do is start being more vocal about how shameful the paying programs are. Tell them they have absolutely nothing to be proud of. How grown men must be losers if they stoop that low to attract kids to their school.
Yeah!!! Let's try and hurt their feelings, that'll show 'em!!!!!!!!

We got way ahead of Penn State by opening up the offense.

And then we got very conservative, stopped scoring, ran the clock down while they inched back....and we barely held on. But it worked.
In this case, "it worked" and "it almost failed and cost us big time" are almost synonymous.

Also, if you want to dig a little deeper than barely touching the surface, one could say "opening up the offense worked so well that even though going conservative hurt us, it didn't hurt us enough this time around".

In your mind does conservative = run heavy and aggressive = pass heavy? Because we threw it over 40 times against Nebraska.

I'd seriously rather keep some sense of dignity, values, & common-sense.

You should probably start following D3 football because I don't think major college football is for you.

If almost all Gopher football players who receive NIL money have signed with Dinkytown, and it is known (as it would be) that the average contract per player is $25k (I made that number up, for discussion) …..

Then how is it a violation, or even unethical at all, for Fleck to go to Koi and say “Just so you know, almost all of our players sign with DA and the average contract is $25k per year. I can’t promise you that if you come here, full disclosure, but those are the facts here.”

I see nothing wrong with that, and would be surprised if every P5 coach isn’t telling recruits similar things.

This will be one factor in Koi’s decision.

Didn’t we throw it 40+ times. You can’t blame every poor offensive performance on being too conservative.

This is a 4-star QB from Sioux Falls. How can the have nots compete with this?
Audi Q5 is a pretty sweet ride for an 18 year old tho.

View attachment 28105
I believe Lincoln is from Pierre, SD and is the son of Peter Keinholz, former BOLD football player and SMSU Basketball Player. Peter was one of many exceptional athletes on those BOLD State Championship and Runner-up teams.

I believe Lincoln is from Pierre, SD and is the son of Peter Keinholz, former BOLD football player and SMSU Basketball Player. Peter was one of many exceptional athletes on those BOLD State Championship and Runner-up teams.

And his family has a great origin story!
Kienholz near Brienz There is a section of the village of Brienz, Canton Bern called Kienholz from which a legend emanated and a family originated. A local Brienzer tale describes an event which took place many centuries ago and of which there are numerous variations. Here is an adaptation of one of the versions published by Albert Streich of Brienz:

WHEN THE TOWN KIENHOLZ WAS BURIED On a warm summer Sunday many hundred years ago, a man came down from the alps and into the Berner Oberland village of Kienholz. He told the people to be watchful of the mountains above. Towards the evening, thunder and a dark grey cloud appeared in the blue sky. Everyone who lived in Kienholz fled from their houses. One of the mountains collapsed and an avalanche filled the valley. Kienholz had been buried underneath the uncontrolled mudflow of the Lammbach River. The castle Kien was crushed, and mud and stones covered the town so completely nothing more could be seen. It now looked like a desert. Nothing more indicated that there ever was a town there, so great was the devastation.

A merchant wagon arriving in the region of Brienz passed through Kienholz after the town was buried. The merchant and his dogs travelled over the rocks and mud that covered Kienholz. One of the dogs started to dig on the side of the road. On the return trip the dog started digging at the same spot. Every time they passed in the next few days the dog repeated this act. Finally the owner of the dog reported the dog’s behavior to the officials in Brienz. Hearing of this the Brienz officials sent some men to Kienholz to excavate. Toward evening they dug out a brick house. It was the cellar of the Kienholz pub. Within the cellar they found an old man and little boy who were still alive!

The old man was brought to Brienz where he explained how he and the boy were taken unaware, and how they survived off cheese and wine stored there and drinking the water which had dripped down through the stones. It seemed to the old man as if they had been buried for many years. They would have had food for only three more weeks. Three days later the old man died. Some surmised it was because he couldn’t stand the daylight anymore. The little boy recovered. As a memory of the strange happenings, the city officials changed the boy’s family name Schneitter to Kienholz. The little boy married, raised a family and from that time the family name Kienholz was established in Brienz.

Top Bottom