Kill still bitter on Fleck “As for my personal feelings I’m not taking him to dinner. I’ll tell you that.”; not sure if they’ll be a pregame handshake

Interesting hearing Gaard and Grimm talk about the game and how they just want it over. They mentioned how loyal former Gophers are to the Coaches and not the program like other schools. Basically said there Kill/Claeys players who don't speak about the program for fear of getting a text from one of their former coaches. They said that is just sad and that every game/week should be like Penn State 2019 when it was all about the program.
Agree with that. Would be nice if we didn’t have some in the program so petty to instill fear in people for talking about the program

Just got done. Shaver said tonight was the juicy part of the interview. Nothing new that we didn't already know. Kill expects to be booed out of the stadium. He claimed he had no idea he'd have to play Minnesota when he took the NMSU job (cough, "bullshit", cough). The thing I took from it is that Kill is both hurt and angry that he's not the coach of this program.
I won't boo him.

I expect he will be but I think no reaction would be better.

Had be taken high road past few years he would've been cheered

I won't boo him.

I expect he will be but I think no reaction would be better.

Had be taken high road past few years he would've been cheered
I'm not sure that there will be much booing. I think you have to pay attention more than the average fan to know 1) he's even the coach and 2) made poor comments towards the U. A lot of people I know don't have any idea about either and probably still appreciate the job he did here.

I don't plan an booing him. Probably give him a courtesy golf clap or nothing at all.

I'm not sure that there will be much booing. I think you have to pay attention more than the average fan to know 1) he's even the coach and 2) made poor comments towards the U. A lot of people I know don't have any idea about either and probably still appreciate the job he did here.

I don't plan an booing him. Probably give him a courtesy golf clap or nothing at all.
Yeah, I think the prevailing sentiment will be indifference. Some will clap, some will boo but the majority won't really give a crap either way.

Kill is very polarizing here, but to the majority of fans he is just the guy who used to coach at the U. He didn't win enough to be a legend and he didn't lose enough to be seen as a joke.

Honestly won't be surprised if the "Jerry Jerry Jerry" cheer happens at the game. I think many fans still view him fondly.

How did Country Jer' look for last night's game? Still sporting the whiskers?

Honestly won't be surprised if the "Jerry Jerry Jerry" cheer happens at the game. I think many fans still view him fondly.
I could see that. For those that haven't really been paying attention since he left he is still more of a tragic figure in terms of a guy who had to give up his dream due to health issues.

Nothing controversial here but I find it funny he still can’t identify Fleck by his name.

This is really bothering me more than it should. I consider myself to be a pretty simple guy but there are JUCO programs that hold themselves to higher standards than this. The table cloth doesn’t even need the university logo on it. Just put something semi-formal there. Damn.

This is really bothering me more than it should. I consider myself to be a pretty simple guy but there are JUCO programs that hold themselves to higher standards than this. The table cloth doesn’t even need the university logo on it. Just put something semi-formal there. Damn.
This is the program that brought us Aggie Vision so not like they have real high standards....but yeah, you would think they could have dressed things up at least a little bit. Pretty pathetic.

I noticed that too. They can go to Costco and get a much nicer looking table. Or at least throw a table cloth with their logo over it.
I wonder if universities are like really old companies?

I worked for a really old company who had an EXCESS of very old , very thick, very HEAVY furniture.

It was hell to move anything. Like trying to move Old Ironsides to adjust a table a few feet.

I constantly thought “a couple grand at Costco and this would all be so much easier”.

The coaches have massive egos. Massive. We forget Kill has been dealt a pretty crappy deal with his serial health problems. He was prevented from achieving the greatness he felt was his destiny and right. Refuses help, advice. He has become bitter, lashed out inappropriately, wants more.

There may be some character arc similarities to eg Walter White’s journey. Prideful choir boy takes a turn. Dare I say many of us have this capacity as well.

I’m really looking forward to this game.

All top level college and pro HCs have gianormous egos, like top level politicians. Most verbalize it in one fashion or another.

Gaard is over the top giddy with the attention he's gotten. Says he just wants the game over but spent a bunch of time this morning (and other times) talking at length about it. There's a reason why he's a sidekick...

If this is true, I'm sure Kill will not take too kindly to it. May this be the first game PJ actually tries to run up the score?

If this is true, I'm sure Kill will not take too kindly to it. May this be the first game PJ actually tries to run up the score?
Teams getting paid don’t get to complain about running up the score.

I wish we ran an offense that could score 50 on a dogshit team without “showing” too much

We should be able to run inside zone, outside zone; play action, and 5 step and score quite a few

This is the program that brought us Aggie Vision so not like they have real high standards....but yeah, you would think they could have dressed things up at least a little bit. Pretty pathetic.
This is a program whose stadium was in such poor condition a tree was growing through the bleachers. This is a program, in the desert SW, where the players had to dress in a tent because the AC failed in the locker room and they couldn't afford to fix it. NMSU is without question, one of the worst teams in all of FBS football.

Top Bottom