Kill still bitter on Fleck “As for my personal feelings I’m not taking him to dinner. I’ll tell you that.”; not sure if they’ll be a pregame handshake

What aired last night was a whole bunch of nothing. Shaver noted that New Mexico State is basically the worst program in college football. He asked Jerry if he'd had any seizures (yes, but nothing like they used to be, or so he said). Shaver mentioned that the Aggies are a massive underdog, which Kill agreed with and said he really has no interest in playing the Gophers.
May have no interest in getting blown out. No way Jerry accepted the job without looking at Minnesota being on the schedule.

Tommy O. on KFAN this morning... Not sure if he misremembered things or if he was alluding to some truth. He basically said that Kill was pissed for pouring so much into the new facilities and then got canned. The others questioned him saying that he quit and wasn't canned. Wondering if he didn't want to quit and was forced out and only agreed if Tracy was the coach and then when Tracy was let go it pissed him off more. Also said Fleck's culture comments.

I took it as Tommy O. misremembering the timeline.

Tommy O. on KFAN this morning... Not sure if he misremembered things or if he was alluding to some truth. He basically said that Kill was pissed for pouring so much into the new facilities and then got canned. The others questioned him saying that he quit and wasn't canned. Wondering if he didn't want to quit and was forced out and only agreed if Tracy was the coach and then when Tracy was let go it pissed him off more. Also said Fleck's culture comments.

I don't have a lot of patience for multi-millionaire coaches complaining about getting fired. They make a ridiculous/insane amount of money for what they do. Don't complain when you get fired. It's part of the deal.

Yeah, kind of feels like Tommy might have been a little fuzzy on the details. No way the U forced Kill out as that would have been a PR nightmare.

What he probably meant was Kill was pissed about not being given the token position HE wanted. If my recollection is right the U did offer him a position but it wasn't what he wanted.

I don't have a lot of patience for multi-millionaire coaches complaining about getting fired. They make a ridiculous/insane amount of money for what they do. Don't complain when you get fired. It's part of the deal.
I agree....but of course that doesn't apply to Jerry since he wasn't fired.

I agree....but of course that doesn't apply to Jerry since he wasn't fired.
True. Should have said complaining about their millionaire coaching friends getting fired.

True. Should have said complaining about their millionaire coaching friends getting fired.
Has been rehashed a million times but Claeys was never going to be a long term solution here. He was a bandaid to get through a tough transition coming off Kill's "retirement". Coyle was going to bring in his guy, that is just how it goes when there is an AD change more often than not. They want their guy running the high profile sports.

Shaver should have let Reggie do this interview. He needs to back off a bit and let the sports guys do their jobs without meddling. Having said that, I have no problem with him being involved with the Friday night preps.

Shaver should have let Reggie do this interview. He needs to back off a bit and let the sports guys do their jobs without meddling. Having said that, I have no problem with him being involved with the Friday night preps.
I have to wonder if Kill only does the interview with someone he knows.

I guess there’s no dinner at Manny’s for PJ Fleck.

Jerry Kill may still have unused Manny’s gift certificates from the late Sid.

What was the position that Kill wanted with the Gophers anyway? I keep hearing the word position, but never the title.

What was the position that Kill wanted with the Gophers anyway? I keep hearing the word position, but never the title.
He wanted something at the U similar to what he ended up with at TCU. Something along the lines of a liaison between the football program and the administration or something stupid like that.

Thankfully the U wasn't willing to cave to his demands.

LEACH-F-U.gif

He wanted something at the U similar to what he ended up with at TCU. Something along the lines of a liaison between the football program and the administration or something stupid like that.

What I don't get is ... wasn't that O'Brien's job when he was at the U (I think it was O'Brien)?

Kill supposedly didn't get along with / didn't want to bother with administration so they gave a guy that job to be the buffer / liaison?

But then suddenly Kill... who needed a dude to do that job for him, wanted that job?

Don't blame the U for saying no.

What I don't get is ... wasn't that O'Brien's job when he was at the U (I think it was O'Brien)?

Kill supposedly didn't get along with / didn't want to bother with administration so they gave a guy that job to be the buffer / liaison?

But then suddenly Kill... who needed a dude to do that job for him, wanted that job?

Don't blame the U for saying no.
I don't remember all the specifics and have no desire to go try and look it up but what Kill wanted would have been a nightmare for the U.

They absolutely made the right call in not giving in to his demands for the exact role he wanted within the department.

I don't remember all the specifics and have no desire to go try and look it up but what Kill wanted would have been a nightmare for the U.

They absolutely made the right call in not giving in to his demands for the exact role he wanted within the department.
I always thought it was odd Jerry didn't just take time off.

I'm sure it was a traumatic time for him and all but the U offered to let him just take as much time as he needed, said so at his press conference.

I often wonder if Jerry kinda regrets outright quitting and that fuels a lot of ... whatever it is this situation is.

Was it ever proven that she was in condition to consent? If so, that's fine, but if there's even a question about it, then yeah, that's a problem.
Well, if it was rape, yeah, everyone is against rape. Not exactly going out on a limb there.

If it wasn’t rape, who cares? You don’t even believe it was a rape, you said it was a character deficiency to “run a train” on a girl while others watched, now you pivot to calling it a rape? It’s kind of BS to pivot from your argument and hide behind an empty accusation of gang rape to do it. That’d be like me saying that you’re immoral because it has never been proven to me you aren’t a serial rapist.

So you agree, if it wasn’t a rape, the players and Claeys got hosed? Or do you still judge that (and clearly only that) consensual sexual activity?

I think he liked being a "glad-hander" and fundraiser guy, as well. I think that was to be a big part of it.

Top Bottom